Ethics and honesty remarks

ash_shahin

There is no reason why someone would ask to talk outside Fiverr except to waste your time. Free advice, so to speak. Besides, it’s against Terms of Use.

Clients get an email whenever they get a new message from you; they can come and chat. I’m not going to chase user-420 on Discord or whatever just because he feels it’s more familiar. Besides, if something goes south with the order, our conversation is recorded, so Support can take an informed decision.

The only way a conversation outside Fiverr could possible be okay in my opinion is for a repeat customer, someone who ordered from you a lot, someone you talk a lot and you’re pretty comfortable with.

Well said. People like that are total time wasters and they are lazy. They don’t want to write out a full scope. They want to ramble to you about what they want and have you take notes.

So do not spend lots of time with anyone until and unless they order. There are a lot of people who waste our time without ever ordering. Don’t keep talking to them like that without an order. Ask them if they will be ordering, and then simply stop answering if they don’t order.

Spend ten minutes at the most chatting then stop. Just stop answering. I am sure that he won’t be ordering.

Not replying to people who don’t have an order with you … does this effects our response rate… or our response rate counts on active order reply to that client…

Not replying to people who don’t have an order with you … does this effects our response rate… or our response rate counts on active order reply to that client…

You have to reply within 24 hours to everyone who sends you a message the first time that person messages you. After the first time you don’t have to.

Archived