Buyer Opened the Dispute

haseebamin4142

Hi, I have delivered on time and buyer open the dispute (late delivery). We agreed on one hour time and I delivered the complete project within 40 to 45 minutes. I sent the custom offer at 2:11 pm and delivered work at **2:58 pm **. I have made only one mistake which cost me all of this (I sent the project files in conversation after delivering the project) and right after I sent the files buyer filed the dispute. It is my first experience that someone has filed a dispute. Kindly let me know what should I do now.
Thank You.

483378516_1hour.PNG.f1b1e319152c3e05c99393d9338b1e46.PNG

1957950498_Captureoffer.PNG.8992d98556cfedb5a9ae964d5b81fda8.PNG 1527000031_Capturedeliveredblur.png.17dcb769afb7cfcb826ee1d62bd6caa6.png 518378499_Capturelateblur.png.fb86c1e3fdc9321f370b6f2e73dd6195.png

If you had delivered everything that was promised in your custom offer/gig, just refuse the buyer’s cancellation request. To be on the safe side, please contact CS and keep them updated, too.

Thanks for your suggestion. I’ve contacted CS to keep them update. Now, should I wait for their reply or decline the buyer cancellation request right now?

If you had delivered everything that was promised in your custom offer/gig, just refuse the buyer’s cancellation request. To be on the safe side, please contact CS and keep them updated, too.

I have already answered that question.

refuse the buyer’s cancellation request.

However, I hope you do realize that it is possible that your buyer might leave a negative review.

I have already answered that question.

refuse the buyer’s cancellation request.

However, I hope you do realize that it is possible that your buyer might leave a negative review.

Yes, I’m more concerned about review than the earning amount because I’m a new seller don’t want to have a bad review at least at this stage. That’s why I’m a little bit confused what to do.

Yes, I’m more concerned about review than the earning amount because I’m a new seller don’t want to have a bad review at least at this stage. That’s why I’m a little bit confused what to do.

It’s entirely up to you. If you think that you are better off refunding the order and not earning anything from this order, you can decide to accept the buyer’s cancellation request.

Please don’t forget to go to the buyer’s profile and block them if you don’t want them purchasing from you again. This will stop them from placing another order with you.

Also remember, it is not a very realistic long-term solution. What if you get another buyer who takes advantage of the fact that you would rather refund the order than receive a negative review? For how long are you going to keep giving away free work to buyers who take advantage of you? It is not a viable solution.

It’s entirely up to you. If you think that you are better off refunding the order and not earning anything from this order, you can decide to accept the buyer’s cancellation request.

Please don’t forget to go to the buyer’s profile and block them if you don’t want them purchasing from you again. This will stop them from placing another order with you.

Also remember, it is not a very realistic long-term solution. What if you get another buyer who takes advantage of the fact that you would rather refund the order than receive a negative review? For how long are you going to keep giving away free work to buyers who take advantage of you? It is not a viable solution.

Thanks a lot for helping me out. One last thing, when I click your avatar your seller profile link is showing there along with your country location. How to enable that feature?

If you are concerned as you said about a bad review then cancel it. No reason to contact CS as far as I can tell from what you said. Use the resolution button.

No reason to contact CS

Agreed. I only offered that suggestion initially when I thought he didn’t want to cancel the order.

When I am messaging with a client through my Inbox, and we decide to open an order, before I send the offer I tell the buyer that when they accept it I will be communicating with him in the Order Window and no longer via the Inbox.

This is not only to instruct the buyer but to remind myself as well.

When we are communicating in the Order Window and the buyer forgets and sends a msg to my Inbox, I go there and say “I am answering your question in the Order Window.”

Start in the Order Window, keep it in the Order Window, direct the conversation back to the Order Window. That way when you have disputes, it will be easier for customer service to help you. It will also help you to not forget and submit work through your Inbox.

Good luck!
Sandi

• 1 year later...

Archived