I need your advice now

videoarticle

Here is what I don’t understand about fiverr, WHY IS IT VERY DIFFICULT TO GET BUYERS EVEN WHEN YOU ARE VERY GOOD IN YOUR WORK, I and my brother won several awards in university as a writer, but when we got here on fiverr to make some little cash with this skill we hardly get buyers, although the few buyers we got rated us as very good, can someone please help

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The truth is, writing is an extremely competitive category here on Fiverr. There are writers from all different countries offering what appears to be the same service. Why would someone click on your gig over someone else’s? What else can you offer them?

I’m a writer here on Fiverr, and I find my content writing gig does the worst out of all of them. There are probably a few reasons for this, one being that it’s an oversaturated category, and I know I charge more than other sellers. I’ve accepted that I won’t get many writing orders here on Fiverr (I also freelance independently, because putting all your eggs in one basket is a very bad idea), and count myself lucky on the orders I do get.

The gigs that people order the most from me are the ones that offer something different. To find out how I could fill gaps, I researched what was already available, and brainstormed until I found an idea not many people had thought of. I have two of these gigs on my profile, and one is vastly more successful than the other, showing it doesn’t always work, but it’s worth it for when it does.

In short, find something you’re good at that isn’t oversaturated on the Fiverr marketplace. It could still be writing-related, as mine are, but simply a different take on writing that other people haven’t thought of before, or something that not many people are doing.

2 things:

1. you are competing in the largest freelancer site in the world. Also competing with the best freelancers in the world.
  2. Promote yourself, you wont get orders just because you placed a gig at fiverr.

Being amazingly skilled doesn’t mean you will be successful. You must be a business person too.

2 things:

1. you are competing in the largest freelancer site in the world. Also competing with the best freelancers in the world.
  2. Promote yourself, you wont get orders just because you placed a gig at fiverr.

Being amazingly skilled doesn’t mean you will be successful. You must be a business person too.

What’s with all the commas? 😆 Just kidding… Don’t mind me.

Yeah, the category to which your gig belongs is indeed very competitive.

It might benefit you if you could choose a specific niche… (there are writers of medical articles, scientific articles, etc). Do you have any ideas for such niche writing gigs that you might be able to offer?

Yes, writing category is competitive, but I had a quick look at your gigs and to be honest there are a ton of things you can do to improve your gigs.

Keep reading the forum and once you learn how to properly showcase your service, your sales will pick up 🙂

PS. Others can weigh in here, but I think your descriptions have way too many grammar mistakes for a writer 😦
Besides, some of your recent clients have been writers offering the same service. There’s nothing wrong with outsourcing, but it can be a turn-off for some buyers.

Dear Good People of FIVERR.
Although I love the ideology behind the creation of FIVERR. I still have my reservations, especially while taking a graceful look at its challenges for “freshers”. 😍 Why is FIVERR so overpopulated. Am not getting orders!!! Are my gigs that stupid? Or is FIVERR that overpopulated that my gigs have been drowned into nonexistence? These days having a single order sounds like a tall, fat left handed Montana tale.
:rofl:
My team is getting orders at an average of once a month​:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: while some are having 20 orders on queue :rofl::rofl:

But seriously.
I need help, advice, sales … Thank you guys.

Mod Note: Country/region reference edited.

On 8/31/2018 at 3:01 PM, videoarticle said:

Why is FIVERR so overpopulated.

Fiverr is not “overpopulated”, it is merely popular and competitive. That’s a good thing, especially for buyers looking for a wide variety of services.

Am not getting orders!!! Are my gigs that stupid? Or is FIVERR that overpopulated that my gigs have been drowned into nonexistence?

Perhaps you should be asking yourself, instead, what are you doing to earn your orders. You are likely to disappear into the crowd if you aren’t doing anything to promote your services to the target customers that need the work you have to offer. Sitting around, waiting for orders, and doing nothing to reach out to the buyers is a strategy waiting to fail.

You can’t expect orders, just because you’re here on Fiverr. Fiverr is a competitive marketplace… learn how to compete. 😉

These days having a single order sounds like a tall, fat left handed Montana tale.

Again, you can set yourself up for plenty of orders, but you’re going to have to treat your gigs like a business and reach out to the target customers that need what you have to offer. Lazy freelancers rarely succeed (in any marketplace).

My team is getting orders at an average of once a month… while some are having 20 orders on queue…

Yes, and those sellers with regular orders are probably doing marketing, promotion, and reaching out to the people that need their services. They are taking their gigs seriously, and building their customer base. Have YOU been doing anything like that?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Smiles, that is my weak point. I rarely find it easy to pick out my own errors. I’m more than pretty good in discovering others own​:grin:😁

😅 Help me friend…

:shopping: I bought you all these.

I’ve never had anyone buy me emojis before, so I guess that’s a first.

As a writer, you really should get better at proofreading your own work, though. A lot of buyers can get nitpicky if you have typos in your finished product.

“These includes” is incorrect. It should be either “These include” or “this includes”.

Also, some of the turns of phrases come off a bit stiff. “Fixing your gaze on the right gig” sounds odd, etc.

I’ve never had anyone buy me emojis before, so I guess that’s a first.

As a writer, you really should get better at proofreading your own work, though. A lot of buyers can get nitpicky if you have typos in your finished product.

“These includes” is incorrect. It should be either “These include” or “this includes”.

Also, some of the turns of phrases come off a bit stiff. “Fixing your gaze on the right gig” sounds odd, etc.

I'm the first person ever to buy you emojis??????????? what a record.

Thanks So Much, You are such a friendly, kind & wonderful angel. I’ve made the necessary adjustments. I still don’t understand how a sentence can be stiff. Perhaps, I have to research on that and adjust thereafter. Honestly. I’m better in creativity than in language. So majority of my experience in writing hinges majorly on creative writing - poetry and fiction. But only article writing have been giving me a little cash.

Archived