How to Deal with Buyers Who Do not Read Gig Description and Place order for lesser amount and then show threat to cancel

weformat

power_design it is just a blog and in actual, they only protect .05% cases - it happened to me a few times when all the work was done as per the job but fiverr did not care about anything because the seller has warned them of legal action, maybe

Perhaps I am among .05% case but Fiverr did protect seller.

I had a case this morning when my order was cancelled after complete.

I opened a ticket and the staff responded quickly. He checked and told me that it might be a chargeback, then my fund was restored.

fiverr_support.thumb.jpg.d0b6681940ec4a1a9fa29634d743a5b5.jpg

Before the case was solved, my Order completion rate is 96%. After it was solved, the stat got back to 100%.

fiverr_stat.jpg.fc4f4da90fca09af160618b2549a7094.jpg

I know there are many things that should be improved but Fiverr is getting better since the day I joined.

Perhaps I am among .05% case but Fiverr did protect seller.

I had a case this morning when my order was cancelled after complete.

I opened a ticket and the staff responded quickly. He checked and told me that it might be a chargeback, then my fund was restored.

Before the case was solved, my Order completion rate is 96%. After it was solved, the stat got back to 100%.

fiverr_stat

I know there are many things that should be improved but Fiverr is getting better since the day I joined.

@ power_design That

s nice that you got it back but I am in bad luck because I had to cancel the orders before I start working as these buyers are either uneducated or do not want to read the gig description or they really know how to tricks sellers.

@ power_design That

s nice that you got it back but I am in bad luck because I had to cancel the orders before I start working as these buyers are either uneducated or do not want to read the gig description or they really know how to tricks sellers.

Yeah, there are some bad apples but on the positive side, you did the right thing.

As @ronhi85 said, such buyers may suck up your energy and give you a headache.

Learn to accept it and move on. It is always not easy to do business but we can learn and grow.

Maybe you can try improve your terms of working or make the gig easier to understand. You can also try services from proffessional writers (and there are many talented writers here on the forum).

Hi there,

My maximum order cancellation is the same reason. I have a Chrome Extension development Gig. I have offered "I will upload your extension to the Chrome Store in just $5 but some buyer come and give $5 order and ask me to build a extension for them. I mean seriously !! They are looking for build a extension in $5!!?? That’s happen a lot of time. I’m also looking for this solution.

Regards
Sayeem

Yeah, there are some bad apples but on the positive side, you did the right thing.

As @ronhi85 said, such buyers may suck up your energy and give you a headache.

Learn to accept it and move on. It is always not easy to do business but we can learn and grow.

Maybe you can try improve your terms of working or make the gig easier to understand. You can also try services from proffessional writers (and there are many talented writers here on the forum).

@ power_design my friend, I am a Technical Writer

Hi there,

My maximum order cancellation is the same reason. I have a Chrome Extension development Gig. I have offered "I will upload your extension to the Chrome Store in just $5 but some buyer come and give $5 order and ask me to build a extension for them. I mean seriously !! They are looking for build a extension in $5!!?? That’s happen a lot of time. I’m also looking for this solution.

Regards

Sayeem

@ sayeem1998 there is no solution because those buyers know the terms and buyers protection rule and how ratings are reduced on order cancellation so they play a trick and I know almost 70% of those buyers get success as well specially from new sellers

Fiverr does offer Seller protection:

Seller Protection - Fraud Chargebacks

Fiverr Has Your Back!

In cases where the service was completely provided, Fiverr will protect you from fraud chargebacks. The funds will be added back to your account, and after seven days, you will be able to withdraw the funds. Most importantly, it will not affect your cancellation rate.

Check out the following:

https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/chargebacks-and-seller-protection

No that’s only for fraud chargebacks (when the buyer is scamming you and tells their credit card company to refund the order) even after you completed the order. That article does not talk about cancellations, which occur within Fiverr when the buyer wants to cancel within Fiverr before the order is completed. Cancellations and chargebacks are different.

May I suggest you put a section in your order requirements stating something about what your gig package includes, and then have the client acknowledge it in writing?

If they do so, then that would really enforce your side of the argument if they wanted to change the order after starting to add something not included. This wouldn’t prevent the discussion of course, but you could have them refer back to the order requirement–and say that since they acknowledged it, a cancellation at this stage wouldn’t be reasonable.

Just a thought, it’s not going to prevent everyone from trying to get free work, but it might dissuade some people.

• 1 month later...

May I suggest you put a section in your order requirements stating something about what your gig package includes, and then have the client acknowledge it in writing?

If they do so, then that would really enforce your side of the argument if they wanted to change the order after starting to add something not included. This wouldn’t prevent the discussion of course, but you could have them refer back to the order requirement–and say that since they acknowledged it, a cancellation at this stage wouldn’t be reasonable.

Just a thought, it’s not going to prevent everyone from trying to get free work, but it might dissuade some people.

graphicempire I have already written that but still I have to face this

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

That is not a good way to deal with such buyers. You should stand up for your business, otherwise you are setting a bad precedent.

Only work on what is worth your time and effort.

I’d rather to cancel that order, then block them and move on.

Cancellation would decrease the order completion percentage and also drop the gig listing in the search result. In this competitive era I cannot have any cancellation that will cause my sales down. Again not all the buyers are like that, most of them are understanding and wise. I am talking about few buyers once in a while. For me cancellation isn’t worth at all. I would go beyond what paid to avoid cancellation and do as much work which pleases the buyer.

You are right too at your point but sometimes it is really too less for the work they demand

Archived