Violation of TOS Warning

diverse_entr

I signed up for Fiverr less than 7 days go to offer SEO services. After optimizing my profile with keywords for ranking, I was contacted by someone who claimed to be from *******. This person sent a pdf. asking for my PayPal information and email address. After I made it clear that I would not provide my personal information to this “supposed” buyer, they sent their phone number in the chat message. I responded saying I don’t call buyers before a purchase has been made then blocked their account from contacting me.

Two days later, I received another message from a buyer with the username “*********”. This person again claimed to be from China and sent me a pdf. document asking to use my profile on another freelance platform, or to create them one. When I responded, Fiverr flagged my message. I responded again saying I could help them create a profile and implement industry-specific keywords to rank their profile higher for more visibility. Approximately 8 hours later, I was informed by Fiverr that I violated the TOS policy by infringing on third parties intellectual rights. I even asked the person if they were trying to set me up.

After reading the community forums, it seems I was contacted by a seller who wanted to sabotage my new profile by having me flagged for a TOS Violation This is just a heads up to anyone who gets TOS violations because of other people. I will be deleting my Fiverr profile and creating a new one with a different email address.

S/O to Fiverr for their unjust ways of handling TOS Violations. Dear Fiverr, Change this!!

A word of advice, block anyone sending pdfs, phone numbers, and/or requesting stupid stuff prior to purchasing services.

Mod Note: Username & Country/region reference removed.

I signed up for Fiverr less than 7 days go to offer SEO services. After optimizing my profile with keywords for ranking, I was contacted by someone who claimed to be from *******. This person sent a pdf. asking for my PayPal information and email address. After I made it clear that I would not provide my personal information to this “supposed” buyer, they sent their phone number in the chat message. I responded saying I don’t call buyers before a purchase has been made then blocked their account from contacting me.

Two days later, I received another message from a buyer with the username “*********”. This person again claimed to be from China and sent me a pdf. document asking to use my profile on another freelance platform, or to create them one. When I responded, Fiverr flagged my message. I responded again saying I could help them create a profile and implement industry-specific keywords to rank their profile higher for more visibility. Approximately 8 hours later, I was informed by Fiverr that I violated the TOS policy by infringing on third parties intellectual rights. I even asked the person if they were trying to set me up.

After reading the community forums, it seems I was contacted by a seller who wanted to sabotage my new profile by having me flagged for a TOS Violation This is just a heads up to anyone who gets TOS violations because of other people. I will be deleting my Fiverr profile and creating a new one with a different email address.

S/O to Fiverr for their unjust ways of handling TOS Violations. Dear Fiverr, Change this!!

A word of advice, block anyone sending pdfs, phone numbers, and/or requesting stupid stuff prior to purchasing services.

I responded saying I don’t call buyers before a purchase has been

It’s best not to call them at all, unless you’ve previously got permission from CS because the gig requires it. eg. just say that all contact must be made through the Fiverr messaging system/order page.

I responded again saying I could help them create a profile and implement industry-specific keywords to rank their profile higher for more visibility.

It’s not allowed to create a profile for someone else. That’s why you got the warning.

After reading the community forums, it seems I was contacted by a seller who wanted to sabotage my new profile by having me flagged for a TOS Violation

No, just a scammer who wants you to create account on another platform and to take control over your computer.

I will be deleting my Fiverr profile and creating a new one with a different email address.

Don’t create a new profile before asking Customer Support for permission to do it, or it could get banned.

And once you do create a new profile, make sure not to accept to do something that’s not allowed.

I responded again saying I could help them create a profile and implement industry-specific keywords to rank their profile higher for more visibility.

It’s not allowed to create a profile for someone else. That’s why you got the warning.

After reading the community forums, it seems I was contacted by a seller who wanted to sabotage my new profile by having me flagged for a TOS Violation

No, just a scammer who wants you to create account on another platform and to take control over your computer.

I will be deleting my Fiverr profile and creating a new one with a different email address.

Don’t create a new profile before asking Customer Support for permission to do it, or it could get banned.

And once you do create a new profile, make sure not to accept to do something that’s not allowed.

Why would I need to inform CS?

Why would I need to inform CS?

Because creating a new account without permission from Customer Support can get that account quickly banned.

Don’t worry, though, it’s just a precaution. Since you plan to deactivate your account yourself (as in, it won’t get banned for multiple violations), CS is very likely to give you the permission to open a new account (plus, you can save the screenshot of that permission, just in case, so you can prove that you did nothing wrong if there’s any trouble down the road).

Oh ok, I feel ppl need to know.

Says who?

I feel ppl need to know.

That’s the reason why the forum has a dedicated sub-category called “Community Rules and Guidelines” in which you can find the rules and regulations of the forum.

It is “ppl”'s responsibility to look for the rules and read/abide by them.

“Says who?” isn’t unkind.

Hi there @diverse_entr, I agree with @maitasun. You sound a bit rude with your words, even though you meant well.

Says Who?

I remember when I was a little boy and I was told off by my parents not to point ‘‘my forefinger’’ to a person I didn’t know. I remember saying often ‘‘Mom/Dad Who’s That?’’ and my mom/dad saying, don’t point fingers to strangers, that’s not nice. :rofl:

It is a bit similar to when somebody says, ‘‘Says Who?’’ I know your not a small kid and maybe is just a common thing you say in your daily life, but this is a professional platform and not always people like how somebody pronounces their words. like, in this case, your words. So just be careful how you type your words next time.

Welcome to Fiverr and the awesome community :rofl:

Warmly, Humberto

tenor.gif.0655549c0f61813bda069b6ac3a0b716.gif

Here you’re guilty until proven innocent, so it’s better to respond without being specific.

I can’t help you with that.
I can’t provide that information.
What you’re asking me to do violates Fiverr’s Terms of Service.
I can’t do that, but I can do this and that.

Whenever you type a forbidden word, such as money, email, phone number, the box will turn red, so if you send that message, Fiverr will get a notification and you might get in trouble.

PDF’s by themselves won’t get you in trouble. A pdf might have instructions to do the job, the article that needs to be rewritten, etc. You don’t have to block people for sending pdf’s. Buyers Requests often have pdf’s.

Archived