I want some tips for my first gig

tadas_puleikis

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That makes sense.

Are you not risking your potential upsells, though? I mean, if Standard was $10 but offering 20 names, or something like that, I’d consider paying the extra $5 to get great value for money.

I guess the price disparity won’t cause much harm in the short-term. Any idea how many reviews you want to get before you increase the price of your Basic package?

On 7/15/2019 at 4:27 PM, tadas_puleikis said:

That Thumbnail Text: from pink color to more white color and only word “Ninja” should be Pink.

Anyway, I’ll give my opinion on the questions you’re interested in!

I like your image as it is. I think it’s currently very eye-catching. I’m not a designer, though, so I don’t know how much my opinion counts!

I just know that your image would catch my eye if I were browsing.

On 7/15/2019 at 4:28 PM, ahmwritingco said:

That makes sense.

Are you not risking your potential upsells, though? I mean, if Standard was $10 but offering 20 names, or something like that, I’d consider paying the extra $5 to get great value for money.

I guess the price disparity won’t cause much harm in the short-term. Any idea how many reviews you want to get before you increase the price of your Basic package?

I think I will raise the price of basic package after I get at least 20 reviews.

Thanks for the tip, I will consider to change my standart gig price and amount of domains researched. 🙂

On 7/15/2019 at 4:30 PM, ahmwritingco said:

That Thumbnail Text: from pink color to more white color and only word “Ninja” should be Pink.

Anyway, I’ll give my opinion on the questions you’re interested in!

I like your image as it is. I think it’s currently very eye-catching. I’m not a designer, though, so I don’t know how much my opinion counts!

I just know that your image would catch my eye if I were browsing.

Thank you, I just checked: this gig is on the 2-3 page with one of the search terms I have implemented in texts. 🙂

Just watch… some design wizard will come along now and say they think the image will look better with more white. Then I’ll spend the next few weeks feeling insecure about my style choices! It’s always the way. 😉

I guess you could make it a tad more obvious that your Basic package is temporarily discounted. That could potentially offset any financial damage caused by lack of upsells (everyone likes a bargain!). I did get a sense from your description that that was the case, but I wasn’t a 100% sure.

Maybe something like Basic Package: $5 for a limited time so you can sample my talents!

You know, whatever works. Whatever feels natural.

All the best with your Gig!

I must admit, your image is very eye-catching!

It’s nice to talk to somebody who took their time to make a Gig. Goodness knows how many people just throw one together then complain they’re not making sales.

The main question I have about your Gig is why is there such a disparity in price between packages – especially the Basic and Standard? From what I can see, the only difference between the two is that the more expensive one offers two more brand names. But it’s $40 more than the cheaper one! Are buyers really expected to pay $40 more for two extra names? Surely they could just order 2x your Basic package and get 8 names for $10?

Are buyers really expected to pay $40 more for two extra names? Surely they could just order 2x your Basic Gig and get 8 names?

I agree.

@tadas_puleikis As has already been pointed out to you by @ahmwritingco, unfortunately, I am afraid no buyer would want to purchase 6x business brands for $45 when they can get 8x business brands for 4.5 times cheaper = $10 (by purchasing your basic gig twice!)

Instead of trying to “down-sell” (which is what your current pricing seems to be encouraging), you need to convince your buyers to purchase the costlier packages (and not the basic package) by selling more # of products/services per dollar as you move from the basic to the premium package (or you could also consider keeping the # of products/services per dollar ratio constant for all the 3 packages).

I think I will raise the price of basic package after I get at least 20 reviews.

I would do it sooner (if possible). 🙂

Are buyers really expected to pay $40 more for two extra names? Surely they could just order 2x your Basic Gig and get 8 names?

I agree.

@tadas_puleikis As has already been pointed out to you by @ahmwritingco, unfortunately, I am afraid no buyer would want to purchase 6x business brands for $45 when they can get 8x business brands for 4.5 times cheaper = $10 (by purchasing your basic gig twice!)

Instead of trying to “down-sell” (which is what your current pricing seems to be encouraging), you need to convince your buyers to purchase the costlier packages (and not the basic package) by selling more # of products/services per dollar as you move from the basic to the premium package (or you could also consider keeping the # of products/services per dollar ratio constant for all the 3 packages).

I would do it sooner (if possible). 🙂

On 7/15/2019 at 4:39 PM, ahmwritingco said:

Just watch… some design wizard will come along now and say they think the image will look better with more white. Then I’ll spend the next few weeks feeling insecure about my style choices! It’s always the way. 😉

I guess you could make it a tad more obvious that your Basic package is temporarily discounted. That could potentially offset any financial damage caused by lack of upsells (everyone likes a bargain!). I did get a sense from your description that that was the case, but I wasn’t a 100% sure.

Maybe something like Basic Package: $5 for a limited time so you can sample my talents!

You know, whatever works. Whatever feels natural.

All the best with your Gig!

Thank you! Really thank you! Have a nice day!

I will probably won’t change gig thumbnail 🙂

Hi, I got order from the very unresponsive buyer. His average response times 2 days. So the problem is: I got 24 hours delivery order with 1 revision, I finished the work within 2 hours and delivered. However, he
was offline for 24hours and after that, instead of asking suggestions with a chat function, he asked for revision and now my order shows as late for 8 hours. The revision was done within 5 minutes and submitted but he’s now again offline…

Will this affect my ratings?

I already contacted CS about this but I’m waiting for an answer and want your opinions…

I already contacted CS about this but I’m waiting for an answer and want your opinions…

No it wouldn’t.

If you delivered your first delivery within the order timeline you can take as much time for revisions as you want.

I already contacted CS about this but I’m waiting for an answer

That would’ve been faster to read the forum 😉 it’s one of the most asked questions

instead of asking suggestions with a chat function, he asked for revision

Your buyer did a right thing. If they want change and need your opinion on that they should press “revision” button not asking it through chat inbox.

was offline for 24hours

It’s his right. He doesn’t have to reply to you immediately. They have 3 days to request any revisions.

No it wouldn’t.

If you delivered your first delivery within the order timeline you can take as much time for revisions as you want.

I already contacted CS about this but I’m waiting for an answer

That would’ve been faster to read the forum 😉 it’s one of the most asked questions

instead of asking suggestions with a chat function, he asked for revision

Your buyer did a right thing. If they want change and need your opinion on that they should press “revision” button not asking it through chat inbox.

was offline for 24hours

It’s his right. He doesn’t have to reply to you immediately. They have 3 days to request any revisions.

Thank you for your answer and sorry that I didn’t searched for the same topics. But why then It shows that I’m late? This started to show after revision:

image.png.5c98e35b25ae0a510e4c8b70d9b4d2f1.png

Thank you for your answer and sorry that I didn’t searched for the same topics. But why then It shows that I’m late? This started to show after revision:

That happens to everyone. Because technically order already passed it’s deadline but it wouldn’t affect your stats because it’s a revision and you delivered original order within the order timeline.

On 7/16/2019 at 12:28 AM, mariashtelle1 said:

That happens to everyone. Because technically order already passed it’s deadline but it wouldn’t affect your stats because it’s a revision and you delivered original order within the order timeline.

Ohhh, thank you! Now I feel relief 😃

On 7/16/2019 at 12:29 AM, mariashtelle1 said:

Basically, I was offering him an extra file for free because I wanted to help. But instead to accept - he asked revision and then typed “Yes, please. Please send me the file” 😃

Basically, I was offering him an extra file for free because I wanted to help. But instead to accept - he asked revision and then typed “Yes, please. Please send me the file” 😃

Your buyer have done right thing. You can deliver after revision and wait for buyer response. If buyer not respond to you for three days. Then your order will automatically marked as complete.

Your buyer have done right thing. You can deliver after revision and wait for buyer response. If buyer not respond to you for three days. Then your order will automatically marked as complete.

I know that part but I wasn’t sure about that part when my order was marked as “Late”. Now I know that It will be good as my first delivery was within 2 hours after order start. Thank you guys!

Hey, maybe you have the exact same situation:

The past few days were completely empty when the past 10 days were from the new account to 14 orders with 5-star reviews. I raised my reviews and earnings very much, I was really shocked how successful I was but now It stopped for a few days…

Hi there @tadas_puleikis. Sorry to hear this, but Fiverr gives always new sellers to rank higher on their first days… after a week or so it gets back to normal again… this is when you have to work even harder to get back to where your Gigs belong… on First page if you ask me. I hope this helps!!

Good luck!!

Warmly, Humberto

@hum_on_the_go the problem is: I have several GIGS ranking in different pages (from 1 to 3 page & multiple on 1st page when I’m online i.e [ the buyer turned on the filter to show only online sellers ] ).

My texts are good, catchy & SEO included.

Here’s the stats of my gigs:

image.png.085a3875c06348a41c4451c37e40a757.png

Here’s how my thumbnails looks like:

image.jpg.4491280c80663d578eb50fc26716f6ca.jpg

Here’s my style of my texts:

image.thumb.png.c1b1c5f118d4086f850cdf722af86ae7.png

Maximum allowed symbols for the description used.

P.S I have maximum number of 7 GIGS and used similar techniques like for this GIG for all of them.

@hum_on_the_go the problem is: I have several GIGS ranking in different pages (from 1 to 3 page & multiple on 1st page when I’m online i.e [ the buyer turned on the filter to show only online sellers ] ).

My texts are good, catchy & SEO included.

Here’s the stats of my gigs:

Here’s how my thumbnails looks like:

Here’s my style of my texts:

Maximum allowed symbols for the description used.

P.S I have maximum number of 7 GIGS and used similar techniques like for this GIG for all of them.

Thanks for sharing. It looks great, and very catchy… I love it! However, Gig optimization is a huge niche here on Fiverr, like anything else does, so it is hard to keep your gigs showing on first and third pages… I hope you’ll succeed… KEEP IT UP!!! 😃

Archived