You’ve been pre-selected for a new opportunity as a leading seller!

ammarshrf

. But, i also think that there is already a team of peoples working behind the one account to complete the huge projects.

If you went through the posts in this thread you’ll understand the difference.

This is totally different from the TEAM thing that is already in Fiverr. This is called a multiple-task-gig with 1 leader being responsible for everything. (Multi task = multi gig = more $$, example, I can edit videos but I cannot voice over, I’d add a person’s gig who can voice over my edited video).

Also, I’m not sure about this, but I think the already available team feature share 1 balance (correct me if I’m wrong please), while this new feature keeps every account independent.

I thought the existing team option on Fiverr was just for buying (I’m not sure if it’s still available).

What b_rushikesh is talking about I think is sellers with an account but using a team of people to do the work (not a team option on Fiverr but using a team of people to get the work done anyway).

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought the existing team option on Fiverr was just for buying (I’m not sure if it’s still available).

What b_rushikesh is talking about I think is sellers with an account but using a team of people to do the work (not a team option on Fiverr but using a team of people to get the work done anyway).

I’m not sure either, but either way, this feature is kind of different.

. But, i also think that there is already a team of peoples working behind the one account to complete the huge projects.

If you went through the posts in this thread you’ll understand the difference.

This is totally different from the TEAM thing that is already in Fiverr. This is called a multiple-task-gig with 1 leader being responsible for everything. (Multi task = multi gig = more $$, example, I can edit videos but I cannot voice over, I’d add a person’s gig who can voice over my edited video).

Also, I’m not sure about this, but I think the already available team feature share 1 balance (correct me if I’m wrong please), while this new feature keeps every account independent.

I can edit videos but I cannot voice over, I’d add a person’s gig who can voice over my edited video

This is a perfect example of the problem that I see. Say I’m the VO guy on your team and they get the finished project and decide that my voice isn’t a great fit for their product or brand strategy. What happens now? I can’t change my voice. How do you get me out (despite having delivered actual work) and bring someone else in that can provide the voice that they want? These are the kinds of moving parts that need clarification before I’d feel comfortable being part of the new teams.

I can edit videos but I cannot voice over, I’d add a person’s gig who can voice over my edited video

This is a perfect example of the problem that I see. Say I’m the VO guy on your team and they get the finished project and decide that my voice isn’t a great fit for their product or brand strategy. What happens now? I can’t change my voice. How do you get me out (despite having delivered actual work) and bring someone else in that can provide the voice that they want? These are the kinds of moving parts that need clarification before I’d feel comfortable being part of the new teams.

I can’t change my voice

Isn’t this same as any gig on fiverr as of now? They can hear your voice before ordering (in the gig we can add a sample), so once they ordered, they cannot cancel because of this reason.

Think of this gig as several gigs into one. Same rules should apply for every single task.

I can’t change my voice

Isn’t this same as any gig on fiverr as of now? They can hear your voice before ordering (in the gig we can add a sample), so once they ordered, they cannot cancel because of this reason.

Think of this gig as several gigs into one. Same rules should apply for every single task.

sure, but I’ve also had people order, knowing exactly what I sound like and then come back and say that it wasn’t what they expected. In the same way that I have people listen to my gig, place an order and tell me it needs to sound “Russian”. That happened.

Yes, theoretically, that should work. But in theory it should work on normal orders and it doesnt. So I have to believe that nothing will be different about these orders.

And the same could be said about any design category. You look at a portfolio and then set an expectation. Sometimes you dont get what you think.

And again, the key here is that they havent done a good job demonstrating how it works. I could be swayed but until I know how to manage the risk there is just no way I would trust my ranking to it.

Just me being conservative. But I’ve built my brand on that conservative approach. So it’s hard to abandon/

sure, but I’ve also had people order, knowing exactly what I sound like and then come back and say that it wasn’t what they expected. In the same way that I have people listen to my gig, place an order and tell me it needs to sound “Russian”. That happened.

Yes, theoretically, that should work. But in theory it should work on normal orders and it doesnt. So I have to believe that nothing will be different about these orders.

And the same could be said about any design category. You look at a portfolio and then set an expectation. Sometimes you dont get what you think.

And again, the key here is that they havent done a good job demonstrating how it works. I could be swayed but until I know how to manage the risk there is just no way I would trust my ranking to it.

Just me being conservative. But I’ve built my brand on that conservative approach. So it’s hard to abandon/

knowing exactly what I sound like and then come back and say that it wasn’t what they expected

My example was based on the limited knowledge I have about VO. But generally speaking, as per my experience in Fiverr, It does not matter what the buyer ‘expects’ after you have delivered (and you provided samples either via inbox or in the gig description or video). Never ever I had a buyer cancel an order based on what they ‘thought or expected’ differently after I delivered (and I had some cases where buyers tried to go away with free work) but I always I mean ALWAYS got paid!

place an order and tell me it needs to sound “Russian”

Then why not adding a mandatory question asking what it should sound like? and have the answers be multiple choices of what you can do.

I think no matter what is the case, the seller cannot be tricked (at least in my category).

But in theory it should work on normal orders and it doesnt.

Honestly speaking, it does for me, and I am not trying to argue, I am just happy with my business here so far. I cannot be just lucky with over 1100+ orders, right?

knowing exactly what I sound like and then come back and say that it wasn’t what they expected

My example was based on the limited knowledge I have about VO. But generally speaking, as per my experience in Fiverr, It does not matter what the buyer ‘expects’ after you have delivered (and you provided samples either via inbox or in the gig description or video). Never ever I had a buyer cancel an order based on what they ‘thought or expected’ differently after I delivered (and I had some cases where buyers tried to go away with free work) but I always I mean ALWAYS got paid!

place an order and tell me it needs to sound “Russian”

Then why not adding a mandatory question asking what it should sound like? and have the answers be multiple choices of what you can do.

I think no matter what is the case, the seller cannot be tricked (at least in my category).

But in theory it should work on normal orders and it doesnt.

Honestly speaking, it does for me, and I am not trying to argue, I am just happy with my business here so far. I cannot be just lucky with over 1100+ orders, right?

My example was based on the limited knowledge I have about VO

Right 😉 Limited.

I can tell you first hand that in the VO category there are people that will cancel after delivery. Sure, they shouldn’t be able to but they do. And your option is receiving a bad rating or accept their cancellation. There have been people that come back and cancel orders several months after delivery. After the money has been paid and spent. That’s actually a thing. I know several people that have had it happen. Some to the tune of hundreds of dollars.

We do ask for direction in the requirements. But if I ask for direction, and they say, “be Russian”, then how did having that requirement help? They still managed to order something that isn’t reasonable and there can only be one outcome; cancellation.

And I have over 2500 completed orders so I’ve had a ton of time to “See it all”.

All categories are different. They all have their nuances.

It appears that what you do is pretty discrete in that your output either functions or does not. I suppose there could be some subjective elements around design and layout, but I don’t know the category. I only know Excel. (clearly not as well as you though!) Unlike numbers, creative endeavors are never discrete.

And I’m happy with my business as well. One of the best things that ever happened was getting on fiverr. But I’ve also seen a lot of crazy stuff and it makes me ultra cautious. Because if there is one thing that I know with absolute certainty, it’s that everything can change in an instant on this platform.

Good discussion.

My example was based on the limited knowledge I have about VO

Right 😉 Limited.

I can tell you first hand that in the VO category there are people that will cancel after delivery. Sure, they shouldn’t be able to but they do. And your option is receiving a bad rating or accept their cancellation. There have been people that come back and cancel orders several months after delivery. After the money has been paid and spent. That’s actually a thing. I know several people that have had it happen. Some to the tune of hundreds of dollars.

We do ask for direction in the requirements. But if I ask for direction, and they say, “be Russian”, then how did having that requirement help? They still managed to order something that isn’t reasonable and there can only be one outcome; cancellation.

And I have over 2500 completed orders so I’ve had a ton of time to “See it all”.

All categories are different. They all have their nuances.

It appears that what you do is pretty discrete in that your output either functions or does not. I suppose there could be some subjective elements around design and layout, but I don’t know the category. I only know Excel. (clearly not as well as you though!) Unlike numbers, creative endeavors are never discrete.

And I’m happy with my business as well. One of the best things that ever happened was getting on fiverr. But I’ve also seen a lot of crazy stuff and it makes me ultra cautious. Because if there is one thing that I know with absolute certainty, it’s that everything can change in an instant on this platform.

Good discussion.

I can tell you first hand that in the VO category there are people that will cancel after delivery.

That is applicable for every category, sure some are more than others, but it is everywhere.

And your option is receiving a bad rating or accept their cancellation.

I’d happily receive a bad review or rating over getting someone walk away with a free job.

There have been people that come back and cancel orders several months after delivery. After the money has been paid and spent. That’s actually a thing. I know several people that have had it happen. Some to the tune of hundreds of dollars.

I still think that it is the seller’s fault that the order got canceled no matter what the category is. Being clear in your description, samples, offer description, messages and even gig images, would protect you from canceling orders, so if you’re clear in all of those, the customer cannot cancel based on quality (do your best Russian voice over acting, and let your buyer deal with it, if it doesn’t sound Russian enough for them -quality- let it be, they cannot cancel…)

I’d copy paste exactly my previous comment in this very same post.

It appears that what you do is pretty discrete in that your output either functions or does not.

No.

I suppose there could be some subjective elements around design and layout, but I don’t know the category.

There are many, see what limited means? 😉

My whole point is, it is all in the seller’s hands, no matter what the category is. Let’s discuss one other more subjection category than mine and yours, fortune telling or cast spelling…

I mean every single order can be canceled if the seller isn’t good enough to protect their business.

Finally I am so sorry that my post is very long 😀

Who decides on everything in the gig (anyone in the team or just one person)?

I think the leader.

Here’s another image:

To me, this sounds more like a huge opportunity for VAs or manager or reseller types who love to do all the stuff around the actual gig, the organizing and such; personally, I prefer the actual work part of my job by far and I don’t have any desire to be the single point of contact for a couple of others, be responsible for the order and deliverables of others and such.

It might, however, be something that some buyers would love, to be able to only deal with a single point of contact, so the seller types who’d pick up this opportunity and combine “end to end packages” (provided they’ll find enough sellers to participate), might have a thing.

Personally, I decided to refrain from recommending other sellers recently because the last time, it didn’t go so well to say the least (must not necessarily have been the fault of the seller but might have been wrong expectations on buyer side, miscommunication, buyer not reading or taking the gig description seriously, or whatever, which only shows that there are already so many variables when one single other seller is involved, which will multiply, the more sellers take part), so I would feel uncomfortable needing to rely on other sellers for a gig I’d personally offer and be responsible for, too.

Collaborating like that with people I don’t really know at all “in real life”, would be a huge leap of faith, especially if it potentially could jeopardize my gigs or even account, and not least my “brand” there needs to be quite a bit of clarification on different things, as others already have said.

But we’ll see, who knows what that might develop into. I really don’t think I’d want to be that “one point of contact”, but maybe contributing to a “joint gig” would be okay, depending on the implications (how will it affect my own account when others mess up, etc.).

Take note
I know with certainty that you are going to start seeing specific new websites popping up in Europe specializing in this very thing. Mobilization of multiple freelancer skill sets for one project. What you should be worried about these sites will use algorithms to pick suitable artist/s for the project. Can’t imagine any issues with that.
:hugs:

Right now, the buyer is the project manager on Fiverr. They outsource everything they do. The prices reflect this model. If you are going to be a reseller or a project manager of a new team, you will need to be able to build the cost of that into the price of the gig. Is there clients on Fiverr that will pay more for that process?

Fiverr is service productization. We have built our service into a specific product people can buy. There are some exceptions on Fiverr, but the beauty of Fiverr is that customers browse and order. We don’t have to look through project requests and bid on each opportunity.

Example:
If someone orders my package gig, it cost $250.00. If I have to submit bids to project requests, that same job will cost $1000.00 to cover the time it takes to prepare bids and only be rewarded some of the jobs. I don’t make more money on the $1000.00 job. It just cost me more time because of the bidding process.

I received this as well.

My concern would be, how do I insulate myself from the shortcomings of those that dont deliver, as expected, either quality or timely?

I would be far more likely to be part of a team like this than to actually lead one because of the unknown risk. And even before I’d be a team member, I’d need to know exactly how it may effect my account if others on the team arent pulling their weight.

I’ve worked really hard to position myself on the platform and I’d be incredibly cautious about giving any other individual even a shred of control over my account.

My concern would be, how do I insulate myself from the shortcomings of those that dont deliver, as expected, either quality or timely?

You can’t. The problems of one become the problems of everyone. And you can’t fire them.

It’s hard enough being someone’s boss, and seeing them do serious mistakes which affect your wellbeing. At least you can fire them.

One bad team member can do incredible damage.

You can’t. The problems of one become the problems of everyone. And you can’t fire them.

It’s hard enough being someone’s boss, and seeing them do serious mistakes which affect your wellbeing. At least you can fire them.

One bad team member can do incredible damage.

yup. It just feels so dangerous.

That is so super cool! Congrats and let us know how it works out. I have been asking and waiting for a feature like this. As a writer, I have so many clients who want website content, and I have to send them to separate sellers to do new orders. To combine it all in one order would be amazing!

That is so super cool! Congrats and let us know how it works out. I have been asking and waiting for a feature like this. As a writer, I have so many clients who want website content, and I have to send them to separate sellers to do new orders. To combine it all in one order would be amazing!

Thank you, I will update this thread once I test it (if).

I suppose Fiverr is trying to be like the real world, where a client hires an advertising agency, the ad agency hires an editing house, actors, a freelance producer, and then the agency delivers a complete product to the client.

With that said, I foresee a lot of complications. What if the client wants a refund? Instead of one person losing money, we’ll have 2-5 people losing money. I would hate to work for a team, only to find that my work was for nothing.

I rather work for myself. Teamwork is overrated, leads to a lot of problems, drama, arguments, Fiverr works better when we work alone.

You hire me, I deliver, we’re done.

That’s easy than:

You hire me, I hire Peter, Peter hires Paul, Paul delivers to Peter, Peter delivers to me, I deliver to you, you want changes, so Peter and Paul need to make changes, then Peter can’t make changes because he’s on vacation and maybe Paul is getting a cyst removed. See what I mean? Nothing but drama.

I suppose Fiverr is trying to be like the real world, where a client hires an advertising agency, the ad agency hires an editing house, actors, a freelance producer, and then the agency delivers a complete product to the client.

With that said, I foresee a lot of complications. What if the client wants a refund? Instead of one person losing money, we’ll have 2-5 people losing money. I would hate to work for a team, only to find that my work was for nothing.

I rather work for myself. Teamwork is overrated, leads to a lot of problems, drama, arguments, Fiverr works better when we work alone.

That’s easy than:

You hire me, I hire Peter, Peter hires Paul, Paul delivers to Peter, Peter delivers to me, I deliver to you, you want changes, so Peter and Paul need to make changes, then Peter can’t make changes because he’s on vacation and maybe Paul is getting a cyst removed. See what I mean? Nothing but drama.

Interesting point of view, you are right, that might cause lots of problems.

• 2 weeks later...

That’s easy than:

So you mean, like real life basically?

So you mean, like real life basically?

Yes, and I don’t think people come to Fiverr because they want to get what they can already get everywhere else. My clients have been everyone from CEO’s to students. Why would a CEO hire me? Because I can deliver in 3 days, less than 24 hours for an extra fee. In the real world, a CEO would have to meet with his VP of Marketing who then would talk to someone else to write the creative brief, then set up a meeting with the agency, then meet, then the agency would work on the project and get back to them in two weeks, or two months, depending on the complexity of the project.

Experiments have been done to prove my theory. A journalist ordered a logo on Fiverr and messaged a graphic design agency. The Fiverr logo was delivered in 3 days, the graphic design agency waited 3 days to get back to them.

Yes, and I don’t think people come to Fiverr because they want to get what they can already get everywhere else. My clients have been everyone from CEO’s to students. Why would a CEO hire me? Because I can deliver in 3 days, less than 24 hours for an extra fee. In the real world, a CEO would have to meet with his VP of Marketing who then would talk to someone else to write the creative brief, then set up a meeting with the agency, then meet, then the agency would work on the project and get back to them in two weeks, or two months, depending on the complexity of the project.

Experiments have been done to prove my theory. A journalist ordered a logo on Fiverr and messaged a graphic design agency. The Fiverr logo was delivered in 3 days, the graphic design agency waited 3 days to get back to them.

The Fiverr logo was delivered in 3 days, the graphic design agency waited 3 days to get back to them.

This is the selling point of fiverr; they order and then get the finished product fast.

Why would anyone shopping for a service on fiverr be interested in hiring a whole team of people for what should be a one person job?

But which was the best logo? If it was a logo for a company and was an expensive logo, and would be used by the company for many years, it might have been worth waiting 3 days and discussing the project more.

This is the selling point of fiverr; they order and then get the finished product fast.

Why would anyone shopping for a service on fiverr be interested in hiring a whole team of people for what should be a one person job?

Maybe Fiverr is starting to allow jobs that wouldn’t be 1 person jobs. And if Fiverr does it in the way that allows the job to be split properly (that I’m not sure they are for all jobs since they don’t seem to allow duplicate services in it), it should allow for complex jobs to be delivered faster than if one person alone was doing them.

But which was the best logo? If it was a logo for a company and was an expensive logo, and would be used by the company for many years, it might have been worth waiting 3 days and discussing the project more.

Maybe Fiverr is starting to allow jobs that wouldn’t be 1 person jobs. And if Fiverr does it in the way that allows the job to be split properly (that I’m not sure they are for all jobs since they don’t seem to allow duplicate services in it), it should allow for complex jobs to be delivered faster than if one person alone was doing them.

A logo is a one person job. It is not a team job. It is not a job for a company to do.

Archived