You’ve been pre-selected for a new opportunity as a leading seller!

ammarshrf

But which was the best logo? If it was a logo for a company and was an expensive logo, and would be used by the company for many years, it might have been worth waiting 3 days and discussing the project more.

A logo is a one person job. It is not a team job. It is not a job for a company to do.

For that I was talking about if the logo was going to be a logo that was just what the company wanted, and going to be in use for years with that company. Would it really matter if it took more than 3 days to produce (if it was the best logo and they had discussion back and forth about exactly what was required)? Surely what matters there most is the quality of the logo and how it helps the company, not that it can be delivered in 3 days.

Look at Rob Janoff’s Fiverr logo gig (“Rob Janoff’s team will create a winning logo for your startup”) with 29 days delivery time.

But where I said “Maybe Fiverr is starting to allow jobs that wouldn’t be 1 person jobs” I wasn’t really talking about logo jobs I was talking about complex/time consuming jobs that would be better done with a team of people and so could be delivered a lot faster if done with a team than with just 1 person. It could also allow jobs that would take >30 days for just 1 person to do.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suppose Fiverr is trying to be like the real world, where a client hires an advertising agency, the ad agency hires an editing house, actors, a freelance producer, and then the agency delivers a complete product to the client.

With that said, I foresee a lot of complications. What if the client wants a refund? Instead of one person losing money, we’ll have 2-5 people losing money. I would hate to work for a team, only to find that my work was for nothing.

I rather work for myself. Teamwork is overrated, leads to a lot of problems, drama, arguments, Fiverr works better when we work alone.

You hire me, I deliver, we’re done.

That’s easy than:

You hire me, I hire Peter, Peter hires Paul, Paul delivers to Peter, Peter delivers to me, I deliver to you, you want changes, so Peter and Paul need to make changes, then Peter can’t make changes because he’s on vacation and maybe Paul is getting a cyst removed. See what I mean? Nothing but drama.

If it doesn’t add to your workflow then that’s one thing, but i don’t see the point in complaining about it as it might be useful to other people.

Whether it ‘works’ or not should have no affect on you or anyone else moaning about the same thing if you’re not using it .

And no offense mate, but having had a look at your gigs, i can’t see why anyone would want you in their team anyway. Not because of your reviews, just because they’re not suited for a large multi-level project (same as most people here who are complaining).

I don’t know anyone well enough on Fiverr to work with them, quite frankly (though I’m sure you’re all wonderful). Perhaps this will end up being more beneficial to already-existing firms. Like they attracted Pro sellers, they may want to attract teams.

I just hope this doesn’t end up with a lot of “Will you join my team?” messages every morning.

Experiments have been done to prove my theory. A journalist ordered a logo on Fiverr and messaged a graphic design agency. The Fiverr logo was delivered in 3 days, the graphic design agency waited 3 days to get back to them.

But which was the best logo? If it was a logo for a company and was an expensive logo, and would be used by the company for many years, it might have been worth waiting 3 days and discussing the project more.

This is the selling point of fiverr; they order and then get the finished product fast.

Why would anyone shopping for a service on fiverr be interested in hiring a whole team of people for what should be a one person job?

Maybe Fiverr is starting to allow jobs that wouldn’t be 1 person jobs. And if Fiverr does it in the way that allows the job to be split properly (that I’m not sure they are for all jobs since they don’t seem to allow duplicate services in it), it should allow for complex jobs to be delivered faster than if one person alone was doing them.

But which was the best logo?

The graphic design agency didn’t deliver, and the buyer commended Fiverr for the professional quality of the logo.

it might have been worth waiting 3 days and discussing the project more.

Or it might be a waste of time. I’m not saying everything has to be done in 3-days, some sellers here do it in 7-days, 14-days, my point is they don’t waste time with red tape.

it should allow for complex jobs to be delivered faster than if one person alone was doing them.

Maybe, assuming no one wants revisions, and the more complicated a job is, the greater the likelihood for revision requests.

If it doesn’t add to your workflow then that’s one thing, but i don’t see the point in complaining about it as it might be useful to other people.

Whether it ‘works’ or not should have no affect on you or anyone else moaning about the same thing if you’re not using it .

And no offense mate, but having had a look at your gigs, i can’t see why anyone would want you in their team anyway. Not because of your reviews, just because they’re not suited for a large multi-level project (same as most people here who are complaining).

i don’t see the point in complaining about it as it might be useful to other people.

This is the forum, we’re allowed to complain about anything.

And no offense mate, but having had a look at your gigs, i can’t see why anyone would want you in their team anyway.

I am offended. You have never ordered my gig nor do you know how I work. I have been hired by advertising agencies, small businesses, etc, they are happy with my work. Besides, if I wanted to work in lousy teams, I would get myself a real job in some boring, corporate office with lots of meetings. I’ve been there, done that. Maybe I’ll do it again someday, but I won’t be doing that on Fiverr.

I also don’t think people come to Fiverr for large multi-level projects. What’s next? “We will film a movie for $10 million dollars?” Give me a break.

But which was the best logo?

The graphic design agency didn’t deliver, and the buyer commended Fiverr for the professional quality of the logo.

it might have been worth waiting 3 days and discussing the project more.

Or it might be a waste of time. I’m not saying everything has to be done in 3-days, some sellers here do it in 7-days, 14-days, my point is they don’t waste time with red tape.

it should allow for complex jobs to be delivered faster than if one person alone was doing them.

Maybe, assuming no one wants revisions, and the more complicated a job is, the greater the likelihood for revision requests.

Even with revisions it may be faster with the team (and probably will on a lot of projects), unless the communication to the different team members causes too much of a slowdown, and/or if timezone differences etc. also causes too much of a slowdown.

• 2 months later...

i don’t see the point in complaining about it as it might be useful to other people.

This is the forum, we’re allowed to complain about anything.

And no offense mate, but having had a look at your gigs, i can’t see why anyone would want you in their team anyway.

I am offended. You have never ordered my gig nor do you know how I work. I have been hired by advertising agencies, small businesses, etc, they are happy with my work. Besides, if I wanted to work in lousy teams, I would get myself a real job in some boring, corporate office with lots of meetings. I’ve been there, done that. Maybe I’ll do it again someday, but I won’t be doing that on Fiverr.

I also don’t think people come to Fiverr for large multi-level projects. What’s next? “We will film a movie for $10 million dollars?” Give me a break.

You’re an adult complaining about a free service that doesn’t affect you in any way. No one is forcing you to be on a team. I really can’t see why this should bother you at all if you just pretend it doesn’t exist.

You’re an adult complaining about a free service that doesn’t affect you in any way. No one is forcing you to be on a team. I really can’t see why this should bother you at all if you just pretend it doesn’t exist.

It is best if you refrain from responding to posts that are two months old. 😉

It is best that you refrain from responding to comments that have nothing to do with you Karen

Who’s Karen? 😳

Sometimes people on the internet use the name Karen at the end of a rant, even if nobody called Karen is actually present.

If someone was prodding you to reveal what you ate for breakfast, you could say, “I ate 4 packs of croissants and a dozen cupcakes, then cried myself to sleep after. Are you happy now, Karen?”

Sometimes people on the internet use the name Karen at the end of a rant, even if nobody called Karen is actually present.

If someone was prodding you to reveal what you ate for breakfast, you could say, “I ate 4 packs of croissants and a dozen cupcakes, then cried myself to sleep after. Are you happy now, Karen?”

😳

So @a_aladin is referring to Vickie? 😠

That was a very disrespectful way to reply to her, @vickiespencer can even be his mother!!!

And may I remind @a_aladin that we all have the right to respond to whatever comment we wish to, even if it has nothing to do with us!

😳

So @a_aladin is referring to Vickie? 😠

That was a very disrespectful way to reply to her, @vickiespencer can even be his mother!!!

And may I remind @a_aladin that we all have the right to respond to whatever comment we wish to, even if it has nothing to do with us!

She’s not my mother, and neither are you. If i want to respond to someone who wrote to me two months later because i don’t log onto the forums that often, then i will and i won’t let any unrelated party tell me otherwise.

She’s not my mother, and neither are you. If i want to respond to someone who wrote to me two months later because i don’t log onto the forums that often, then i will and i won’t let any unrelated party tell me otherwise.

You better start being polite and respectful with people - especially with ladies!

Archived