You’ve been pre-selected for a new opportunity as a leading seller!

ammarshrf

Hello guys,
It has been a while since I last posted.
30 minutes ago I received an Email from Fiverr, and the email’s subject is as this topic’s. Below is the content. I spoke to my account manager, and he told me it is a new feature (currently in Beta test) that will allow Fiverr sellers to collaborate with other Fiverr sellers on a single order.

I haven’t taken the questionnaire yet. Will take it soon and update the post if needed.

What do you guys think about this new feature? Is it a good idea? Is it going to work?

Let me know what you think about it.

image.thumb.jpg.fa54a61772a3038d6bddde2125fc2ce9.jpg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s a good idea. I’m sure something like it’s been suggested on the forum. It will be interesting to see how it will all work. eg. maybe there’s restrictions on sending offers (eg. do all the sellers decide on a minimum price?). What if one or more of the sellers in the team doesn’t start work on the project/is unavailable or doesn’t do what is required? Maybe there could be backup team members. Is there a project/team leader and who decides what percentage/payment each contributing seller would get from an order? Who decides on everything in the gig (anyone in the team or just one person)?

To be honest, I’d have no need or want for this feature. I also don’t really understand how this is different from the ‘teams’ already on Fiverr who just use the same account for the sake of convenience. If I ever did want to put together a team, it would be via my own channels.

On Fiverr even a lot of TRS sellers these days are just resellers. I’ve also recently done a spot of competitor shopping and found the quality of results… Well, if I printed them they would be good for use as fire kindling.

That is not to say there that there are not great sellers on Fiverr. I just wouldn’t like to have to go through the hassle of finding them and figuring out how to colaborate. Hitting another writer I know up on one of my own IM channels, whould avoid all the risks and stress and make everything more streamlined.

To be honest, I’d have no need or want for this feature. I also don’t really understand how this is different from the ‘teams’ already on Fiverr who just use the same account for the sake of convenience. If I ever did want to put together a team, it would be via my own channels.

On Fiverr even a lot of TRS sellers these days are just resellers. I’ve also recently done a spot of competitor shopping and found the quality of results… Well, if I printed them they would be good for use as fire kindling.

That is not to say there that there are not great sellers on Fiverr. I just wouldn’t like to have to go through the hassle of finding them and figuring out how to colaborate. Hitting another writer I know up on one of my own IM channels, whould avoid all the risks and stress and make everything more streamlined.

I hope this answers your confusion;

image.png.255ac43554be965e3eb629e0d8c845a8.png

It kind of does… But it still seems like a needlessly confusing nothing burger.

My point is that there are lots of sellers already offering services like web design combined with content writing, logo creation etc. They just get an order and outsource to people in their own netwoks. I get how that works. I’ve done it myself. This ‘do it through Fiverr’ way simply seems too complicated.

I’m sure some will love it though.

My point is that there are lots of sellers already offering services like web design combined with content writing, logo creation etc. They just get an order and outsource to people in their own netwoks. I get how that works. I’ve done it myself. This ‘do it through Fiverr’ way simply seems too complicated.

I agree with you. This feature might not be needed. Let’s see if I will even go through testing it.

They just get an order and outsource to people in their own netwoks. I get how that works. I’ve done it myself. This ‘do it through Fiverr’ way simply seems too complicated.

This could, if done properly allow quicker projects than outsourcing and maybe quicker communication between the client and whoever is doing a particular part of the project (instead of communication having to go through the person doing the outsourcing).

I’m not sure if the “there can be no duplicate services in a single gig” means you can’t have a backup seller/gig for a particular service in case the 1st can’t work on it/deliver it as required (eg. what if one seller in the team goes to “out of office” mode when needed).

I received this as well.

My concern would be, how do I insulate myself from the shortcomings of those that dont deliver, as expected, either quality or timely?

I would be far more likely to be part of a team like this than to actually lead one because of the unknown risk. And even before I’d be a team member, I’d need to know exactly how it may effect my account if others on the team arent pulling their weight.

I’ve worked really hard to position myself on the platform and I’d be incredibly cautious about giving any other individual even a shred of control over my account.

I received this as well.

My concern would be, how do I insulate myself from the shortcomings of those that dont deliver, as expected, either quality or timely?

I would be far more likely to be part of a team like this than to actually lead one because of the unknown risk. And even before I’d be a team member, I’d need to know exactly how it may effect my account if others on the team arent pulling their weight.

I’ve worked really hard to position myself on the platform and I’d be incredibly cautious about giving any other individual even a shred of control over my account.

You have to select buyers that are good.

Currently I am discussing with my best competitor and he loved the idea, and our success manager happened to be the same, we will appoint a meeting all together to discuss more.

I am still not sure about this feature though.

You have to select buyers that are good.

Currently I am discussing with my best competitor and he loved the idea, and our success manager happened to be the same, we will appoint a meeting all together to discuss more.

I am still not sure about this feature though.

Still, you’re relying on somebody else. And it’s somebody that you dont really get to “know”. It’s just digital street cred that could at any moment explode in your face.

What happens when you are smack in the middle of a project and one of your 4 members is banned because they are doing something a bit out of the terms of service?

What happens when you are in the middle of the project and one of the members just isnt capable of meeting the customer needs? It happens.

It just feels like a lot more risk than upside. It is still early and pretty unclear. Not saying that I wouldnt do it but I’d need a LOT more clarification on how it works and what the risks are.

Still, you’re relying on somebody else. And it’s somebody that you dont really get to “know”. It’s just digital street cred that could at any moment explode in your face.

What happens when you are smack in the middle of a project and one of your 4 members is banned because they are doing something a bit out of the terms of service?

What happens when you are in the middle of the project and one of the members just isnt capable of meeting the customer needs? It happens.

It just feels like a lot more risk than upside. It is still early and pretty unclear. Not saying that I wouldnt do it but I’d need a LOT more clarification on how it works and what the risks are.

That’s why it should allow back-up gigs/sellers for the same service (even though I don’t think it currently does?).

It’s a good idea. I’m sure something like it’s been suggested on the forum. It will be interesting to see how it will all work. eg. maybe there’s restrictions on sending offers (eg. do all the sellers decide on a minimum price?). What if one or more of the sellers in the team doesn’t start work on the project/is unavailable or doesn’t do what is required? Maybe there could be backup team members. Is there a project/team leader and who decides what percentage/payment each contributing seller would get from an order? Who decides on everything in the gig (anyone in the team or just one person)?

Who decides on everything in the gig (anyone in the team or just one person)?

I think the leader.

Here’s another image:

image.png.27ecd8670aaeda4b35300061625a531a.png

Also the “no duplicate services in a single gig” - wouldn’t that also stop big projects which need many people all providing the same service? Like in film credits where there are many post production people all listed under one heading (all doing the same service).

edit: Also the team leader being the “single point of contact” could mean projects can’t be worked on as efficiently (eg. due to time zones). Maybe they should allow multiple chosen members of the team who could contact the buyer (eg. due to time zone differences it would stop members of the team working on something they weren’t sure about or needed to discuss with the buyer first/get their approval). Maybe they should also allow multiple members on the buyer’s side (a team of buyers who could be contacted eg. for different time zones - though that could lead to conflicting decisions on the buyer’s side).

That’s why it should allow back-up gigs/sellers for the same service (even though I don’t think it currently does?).

back-up gigs/sellers for the same service

This adds even more unpredictability (to the “backup seller”) to the process. I would hate to be a backup seller — not knowing if or when my services might be needed for a particular order. That’s too much unpredictability for most sellers to work with. Imo, this backup feature would not work.

I agree with the points that @mattvopro has shared with us. Unless Fiverr comes up with a way to protect sellers from the shortcomings of other sellers (taking part in this group gig) and guarantees that you will not be affected so long as you successfully complete your part of the order, I don’t think this would make for a very popular feature.

back-up gigs/sellers for the same service

This adds even more unpredictability (to the “backup seller”) to the process. I would hate to be a backup seller — not knowing if or when my services might be needed for a particular order. That’s too much unpredictability for most sellers to work with. Imo, this backup feature would not work.

I agree with the points that @mattvopro has shared with us. Unless Fiverr comes up with a way to protect sellers from the shortcomings of other sellers (taking part in this group gig) and guarantees that you will not be affected so long as you successfully complete your part of the order, I don’t think this would make for a very popular feature.

This adds even more unpredictability (to the “backup seller”) to the process. I would hate to be a backup seller — not knowing if or when my services might be needed for a particular order.

If one seller in the list or list of backup sellers was unavailable or didn’t want to work on something then maybe another seller in the list of backup sellers could be selected. That’s the idea - a list of backup sellers could be chosen. It would reduce risk and a seller wouldn’t be forced to do a job they weren’t able to do for whatever reason (eg. unavailable etc.) or maybe just didn’t want to do for whatever reason.

Unless Fiverr comes up with a way by which to protect sellers from the shortcomings of other sellers

And backup sellers/gigs for the same service should be one of the ways.

Hello guys,

It has been a while since I last posted.

30 minutes ago I received an Email from Fiverr, and the email’s subject is as this topic’s. Below is the content. I spoke to my account manager, and he told me it is a new feature (currently in Beta test) that will allow Fiverr sellers to collaborate with other Fiverr sellers on a single order.

I haven’t taken the questionnaire yet. Will take it soon and update the post if needed.

What do you guys think about this new feature? Is it a good idea? Is it going to work?

Let me know what you think about it.

What do you guys think about this new feature?

@ammarshrf Pick me as your partner 😊

This adds even more unpredictability (to the “backup seller”) to the process. I would hate to be a backup seller — not knowing if or when my services might be needed for a particular order.

If one seller in the list or list of backup sellers was unavailable or didn’t want to work on something then maybe another seller in the list of backup sellers could be selected. That’s the idea - a list of backup sellers could be chosen. It would reduce risk and a seller wouldn’t be forced to do a job they weren’t able to do for whatever reason (eg. unavailable etc.) or maybe just didn’t want to do for whatever reason.

Unless Fiverr comes up with a way by which to protect sellers from the shortcomings of other sellers

And backup sellers/gigs for the same service should be one of the ways.

That’s the idea - a list of backup sellers could be chosen.

The point I am trying to convey is that: it adds too much unpredictability to the backup seller’s work plans. I would hate to be a backup seller, and I am sure many more would be too. I like to plan my work at least 2-3 days ahead of time (hence the reason why my gig has such a long turnaround time). This will simply not be possible if I were a backup seller and I was suddenly asked to work on a gig.

What if I was suddenly asked to work on a gig (at the last second) just because the main seller/the other backup sellers who were assigned this task were unable to do it. Sure, you could ask for an extension. But what if the buyer doesn’t give one?

Team working is a collegiate work, because teams can be considered as collegiate bodys. Therefore, although normally responsability relies on the leader of the team, the rest of the body has shared responsability upon the output (whether good or bad), since it is jointly and severally liable due its collegiate.

I’ll leave it up to there so you all may think about it.

189708_2.png ammarshrf:

What do you guys think about this new feature?

@ammarshrf Pick me as your partner 😊

I don’t think adding logo gigs would benefit my gigs at all.

Besides, we wouldn’t be partners. I’d be your leader! 😈

Besides, we wouldn’t be partners. I’d be your leader!

Yap, there will be an issue. How to decide who will be the leader and who will be a team back up member. If buyer rates the service, who’s gig will show that up?

Besides, we wouldn’t be partners. I’d be your leader!

Yap, there will be an issue. How to decide who will be the leader and who will be a team back up member. If buyer rates the service, who’s gig will show that up?

How to decide who will be the leader and who will be a team back up member. If buyer rates the service, who’s gig will show that up?

The feature appeared for me now, and I can create this mutli-task-gig, meaning I am the leader…

If it became (the feature) available to all sellers, then anyone can create this gig and be the leader.

Yes ! Its nice thing that Fiverr is doing and upgrading new things and ideas for us to work efficiently on particular project or work. But, i also think that there is already a team of peoples working behind the one account to complete the huge projects.
This feature will help to those freelancers who are new to Fiverr and knows only single skill, but by getting collaborated with another Freelancers they both will complete the project which requires multiple skills. In this case, both freelancer get the payment for the work and also buyer will be satisfied due to completion of project by skilled persons.

Yes ! Its nice thing that Fiverr is doing and upgrading new things and ideas for us to work efficiently on particular project or work. But, i also think that there is already a team of peoples working behind the one account to complete the huge projects.

This feature will help to those freelancers who are new to Fiverr and knows only single skill, but by getting collaborated with another Freelancers they both will complete the project which requires multiple skills. In this case, both freelancer get the payment for the work and also buyer will be satisfied due to completion of project by skilled persons.

. But, i also think that there is already a team of peoples working behind the one account to complete the huge projects.

If you went through the posts in this thread you’ll understand the difference.

This is totally different from the TEAM thing that is already in Fiverr. This is called a multiple-task-gig with 1 leader being responsible for everything. (Multi task = multi gig = more $$, example, I can edit videos but I cannot voice over, I’d add a person’s gig who can voice over my edited video).

Also, I’m not sure about this, but I think the already available team feature share 1 balance (correct me if I’m wrong please), while this new feature keeps every account independent.

Archived