Cancellation policy MUST change

1-2 hours won’t work, because of the time zone differences.

We should have an “approve buyer’s submission” button, and the order not start until a seller approves - then the seller can specify again what is needed to start the order - and if a buyer is non responsive to the order is cancelled automatically within 3 days, and not effect the seller’s analytics.

I just feel like buyers should understand how important it is to read gig descriptions thoroughly, and be responsible for what they buy.

I have spoken to customer service. They say they are working on the cancellation policy. There’s no ETA they could give.

I presented a scenario to them:

I’m a voice actor and someone sends me a script in a language I don’t speak. Does that impact my cancellation? Yes.

I offer story critiques and someone buys my gig, requiring me to do it in video format which I can’t do? Yes, effects my rate.

Maybe they should just not weigh them so heavily.

However, they did tell me to contact them for assistance with this type of stuff.

In any event, I believe they are working on it. Many people talk about this issue.

I have spoken to customer service. They say they are working on the cancellation policy. There’s no ETA they could give.

They’ve been saying this for nearly 2 years - I wouldn’t hold your breath.

My suggestion would be also having a possibility to flag orders as differing too much from the gigs description and offering, instead of just having a time window when to cancel the order. Otherwise also Sellers might start just cancelling orders during selected timeframe no matter if the order is according to the gigs offering or not.

My suggestion would be also having a possibility to flag orders as differing too much from the gigs description and offering, instead of just having a time window when to cancel the order. Otherwise also Sellers might start just cancelling orders during selected timeframe no matter if the order is according to the gigs offering or not.

What would the result of the flag be?

What would the result of the flag be?

Yeah, that’s the problem 😉 I think there should be a reason for cancellation and if cancelleation has been flagged that order is not according to gig offering, admins could check the order and decide no to penalize for cancellation.

Problem is admins would most likely end up with gazillion of flagged cancellations to check…

• 2 weeks later...

So, the inevitable happened. 5 days ago, before my “60 day level review” I had 21/21 5* ratings, reply in <1hr, 16k views, 674 clicks, 758 views, 100% on time delivery, an average 25 views per day, and had made no changes to my gig.

Over the last 4 days my daily views went from 29 to 10 to 4 to 0. I have dropped from the top row of the search results to the bottom of page 11.

Because of the fake orders being created (9 out of 33 orders - I got 2, on the same day from the same person) - I have clearly been wiped out due to the cancellation rate. It appears to be exclusively from new buyers who don’t understand the system - or fake users?

The previous response from CS was that “Theres nothing they can do, I have 60 days to improve it”, but as I am now getting zero clicks, the fact remains, I cannot fix it. This is a joke.

So, the inevitable happened. 5 days ago, before my “60 day level review” I had 21/21 5* ratings, reply in <1hr, 16k views, 674 clicks, 758 views, 100% on time delivery, an average 25 views per day, and had made no changes to my gig.

Over the last 4 days my daily views went from 29 to 10 to 4 to 0. I have dropped from the top row of the search results to the bottom of page 11.

Because of the fake orders being created (9 out of 33 orders - I got 2, on the same day from the same person) - I have clearly been wiped out due to the cancellation rate. It appears to be exclusively from new buyers who don’t understand the system - or fake users?

The previous response from CS was that “Theres nothing they can do, I have 60 days to improve it”, but as I am now getting zero clicks, the fact remains, I cannot fix it. This is a joke.

It’s semi-related to your topic but my cancellation rate has doubled in 2-3 months and all the orders that were canceled were placed by new buyers. Requirements ignored, wrong packages ordered, wrong services ordered, etc.

There seems to be an effort to attract large numbers of new buyers to the platform without any explanation of how the said platform works and the sellers are the ones taking a hit. It’s like there is a banner hanging somewhere that has a huge red button on it that says “Buy Whatever” and it leads directly to my gig. I seriously don’t remember it ever being this bad.

I have a gig that has been seriously abused enough that I’m about to take it down–and it kills me because it’s helped DOZENS of people. However, just now someone bought the gig which is a critique and they want me to write them a story. That’s not what it’s for. And now, I’m going to have to cancel which will hit my rating…and effectively remove me from my position as a top rated seller.

This is dramatically unfair. He didn’t read it and I get penalized. People can be trolled.

I am writing to Fiverr to propose that if a gig is cancelled within an hour or some other period of time, it doesn’t count against someone.

Thoughts?

I am writing to Fiverr to propose that if a gig is cancelled within an hour or some other period of time, it doesn’t count against someone.

Exactly I get many orders which are cancelled immediately after the order is placed. Their excuse would be ordered by mistake, it has several times before you commit an order and we get penalized for it. Gigs drop in search result listing, lower sales. Even if we request them to compensate with some other works they would simply refuse to accept any resolution. This issue must be addressed.

I cannot understand why there is any justification whatsoever that an order can be placed without any contact with me first, and why I do not have to expressly accept it first.

Because that’s how Fiverr is meant to work, with the slogan Browse-Buy-Done.

You can write in your gig description that you want to be contacted first, but buyers are not obliged to actually do it.

One way to solve that might be to considerably increase the price (the way it’s now, it might look to some like you would do anything for $5), and state in the gig description to contact you first for a great discount.

It might reduce the number of buyers willing to look at your gig, but it would probably reduce the number of those who buy without contacting your first, too.

I cannot understand why there is any justification whatsoever that an order can be placed without any contact with me first, and why I do not have to expressly accept it first.

But it doesn’t work. For those sellers that provide a service where it is possible to quantify the work in advance - great, and I am jealous. However, maybe some progression needs to be considered, with a multi prongued approach.

• Fiverr needs to be clearer to new buyers on what to do, and particularly allow them to back out of an order without impacting the seller - if the buyer chooses not to, then so be it, but give that as an option at least.
  • Secondly, let sellers have two types of gigs “Allow immediate purchase” or “confirm before creation”

If I were a buyer, I would absolutely want to make my decision based on how reliable a seller is. But

• Buyers can not see this information, it only impacts the sellers resulting position on searches, and
  • As I buyer, I have no interest in how many times other buyers have erroneously placed orders on the potential sellers gig, only how many times the seller has failed to deliver

The current purchase/refund system fiverr has works and was created for $5 orders.

I buy stickers on RedBubble and Society6 like this. I just roll in and throw my $2.50 around carelessly and then give away the stuff I ended up not liking when it arrived.

But fiverr has gone through a makeover when sellers are encouraged to get involved with more expensive and “serious” projects and help build the image of a more reputable platform, yet if you’re a buyer you still can be as juvenile and careless as you want. Regardless of the budget and the scope of work involved. It doesn’t work indeed.

And when the buyer asks me why I canceled and don’t want to work with them, I can’t even say: “Because you ignore my requirements and mess my stats up” because that’s a ToS violation.

I’m severely limited in ways of communicating that placing an order is serious business and requires reviewing and agreeing to certain terms. And fiverr doesn’t do a good job of bringing this point across on seller’s behalf.

I am not happy with the Cancellation policy. Buyers place order and immediately they send a cancellation request saying was ordered by mistake, I try to convince them but no they would only want cancellation resulting in Order completion percentage decrements. Most cancellations are not because of failing to work on the order but from the buyer’s side.

Sometimes they would ask extras not provided within the gig amount, when telling them that would have to go for extras they would ask for cancellations. Its like we are under most of the time. The only way is to comply with buyers no other options at all.

Archived