$5 for 10 pages website but not getting buyers

kittujai

From buyers perspective, I don’t care much about English as long as Gig is not about article writing, proof reading, etc. I am also ESL. What I do care about - is Portfolio, examples of previous work. For an artist, like cartoonist or site designer I would like to see a number of quality pictures. I assume these people do their sketches and drawings all the time, can easily make huge portfolio. Those who only have 2-3 shots look quite newbie (don’t even pay attention to a fact that Graphics is more effective than text).

With you it is strange, you have diversified services, nice shots for facebook pages, but for the subjected Gig - my friend - 2 pictures, one is useless, another contains five tiny screenshots. You think that is enough to present your skills in web-design? Seriously, that is how you’ve packaged your product! So no surprise for this particular Gig.

Sorry, for being a bit straight forward, hopefully my advise will be helpful to your biz.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMHO, you offer too much for the small price. How is it possible that seller breaks even? May be the quality of these services is a bit low… (example of logic).

Plus, some potential buyers may already have hosting, domain, etc, they don’t need one, but its price is sort of already included in 5$ - Kind of marketing psychology. May be you should provide hosting and domain as extra. Ping and social bookmarking as another extra. +10pages of content another extra. So that you client sort of fills the basket with services they want.

Also, I don’t quite get why you offer so much for web-site, but your mobile gig is significantly more expensive (1page - 5$ VS 10p - 5$), and again only 1 example. Some designers on Fiverr have more than 20 images, and at least 5 orders in process…

Reply to @kittujai On the surface your offer is huge. There’s an old expression, “If it seems to good to be true, it probably is.” I’m not saying your offer isn’t genuine, as I’m sure it is. Selling is about perceived value and while your offer may be terrific, you offer is, 1) hard for a buyer to wrap their head around and 2) your gig description doesn’t match/support the size of the offer. Suggestions?? 1) Trim the size of the initial offer and add more value with Gig extras. 2) Rethink and Rewrite your gig description. 3) For marketing and selling to a North American audience, your descriptions need to be uniquely American. (shameless plug; I have a gig for that!) I think your offer could great and have a lot of back end potential, however I think it’s confusing and might be confusing to buyers as well. For $5 a buyer can take it or leave it, and when in doubt they will most likely leave it. Just my 2 cents. 🙂

@voiceverwork …Thanks a lot mate…i think i made it clear in my description…could you please suggest me some points to be added there?..i am a newbie on fiverr and i know i m working hard for only $5($4) Exactly…but i love working and i don’t think it’s value my skills but i just think it will add some extra points to my portfolio. i am open for unlimited revision as i only believe in customer satisfaction .and in that i’ll learn for my future web development company that how to satisfy a customer.

Thanks a lot mate again!!!

Reply to @kittujai You’re very welcome! In a nutshell, create a a Gig Title that grabs attention and provides a solution to a known problem. Create a Gig Description bursting with style and personality that engages potential buyers. Here’s a technique I share in a college course I teach about selling. Think of selling like theater with 3 acts. Act 1) Exposition; establishing characters (buyers or issues) and how they fit in the world. Act 2) Rising Action; an attempt by the character to resolve an issue, failing and gaining awareness they need help. Act 3) Resolution / Climax; where the story (issue) is resolved leaving the character (buyer) with a new awareness. The dark clouds part, the sun shines, cue heavenly choir, pan out, fade to back, roll credits, cue music. 🙂

From buyers perspective - I prefer gigs with options!

My attention would grab something like:

I will design your 10 pages website for 5$

+5 I will add additional 15 pages

+5 I will host your site on my server for year

+10 I will make a mobile version of site

+5 I will bookmark you site in 50+ SB sites and ping them

+10 I will do some other incredible stand alone service for which you will want to pay your money…

Archived