Does TOS warning affect GIG ranking?

sanjayy_86

Hello,

I have been selling on Fiverr on for last 3 years and it has been going really well until last month.

One of my client asked me to work on his campaign again, but I refused as he demands too much of revisions and pays too less. I worked with him twice before. So, when I refused, I went to support and cancelled the order. He also told support that I didn’t deliver anything. But I worked on his campaign for a week even though GIG was for 2 days only. So, Fiverr gave a TOS warning and since then my GIG rankings have dropped drastically. I can’t fight with Fiverr or client for this. So I let it go. But, now my orders are down by 90% and I don’t know what to do. I have been refining my GIGs since than, but all in vain. Does TOS warning affect this much?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Sanjay

Hello,

I have been selling on Fiverr on for last 3 years and it has been going really well until last month.

One of my client asked me to work on his campaign again, but I refused as he demands too much of revisions and pays too less. I worked with him twice before. So, when I refused, I went to support and cancelled the order. He also told support that I didn’t deliver anything. But I worked on his campaign for a week even though GIG was for 2 days only. So, Fiverr gave a TOS warning and since then my GIG rankings have dropped drastically. I can’t fight with Fiverr or client for this. So I let it go. But, now my orders are down by 90% and I don’t know what to do. I have been refining my GIGs since than, but all in vain. Does TOS warning affect this much?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Sanjay

I don’t know if you know this, but (not long ago) Fiverr had released this new “block” feature where clicking the block button on a return buyer’s profile prevents them from placing future orders with you. You could have used this feature to block this buyer of yours so that he couldn’t have placed an order with you to begin with.

Does TOS warning affect this much?

I am not so sure about that. A ToS warning might affect your gig’s rank. But I think your performance stats (order completion %, on-time delivery %, response rate, and rating) also play a huge role in influencing your gig’s rank. Your recent order cancellation might be the reason why your gig’s rank was impacted.

I don’t know if you know this, but (not long ago) Fiverr had released this new “block” feature where clicking the block button on a return buyer’s profile prevents them from placing future orders with you. You could have used this feature to block this buyer of yours so that he couldn’t have placed an order with you to begin with.

I am not so sure about that. A ToS warning might affect your gig’s rank. But I think your performance stats (order completion %, on-time delivery %, response rate, and rating) also play a huge role in influencing your gig’s rank. Your recent order cancellation might be the reason why your gig’s rank was impacted.

Thank you so much for your feedback. Yes, I know about the block feature. But, blocking couldn’t have stopped him from cancelling the order.

And yes, I do know that completion affects the ranking, but since last 2 months, I have tried to maintain them, but still not improving. I hope it improves in the coming weeks.

Your recent order cancellation might be the reason why your gig’s rank was impacted.

Any idea if this would be temporary or permanent?

Archived