Favorite type of music? Or what you listen to while you work?

insects44

• 6 months later...

Nine Inch Nails is my favorite band so I’m very receptive to noise/industrial/minimal techno. I mostly listen to podcasts/audiobooks when I work, though. I’m just more productive listening to people talking for some reason.

My husband saw them in concert about a year ago in Memphis. He loves NIN and Trent. He was able to finally cross them off his bucket list, but that doesn’t mean he wouldn’t go back if he could.

• Like 17

I can’t listen to music while I write. I used to be able to do that in high school, but now I end up getting distracted and writing the lyrics, lol.

I guess rock is my favourite type of music. The Beatles are my favourite band, but I also love The Strokes, Father John Misty, and Arctic Monkeys.

If you like to write with music in the background, try Lindsey Stirling’s stuff.

• Like 15

Nine Inch Nails is my favorite band so I’m very receptive to noise/industrial/minimal techno. I mostly listen to podcasts/audiobooks when I work, though. I’m just more productive listening to people talking for some reason.

NIN would be great work music! Nice!

I like to listen to Radiohead while I work.

• Like 13

While working, I usually listen to something that won’t distract me = no lyrics, mostly that’s ambient music, forest sounds, rain sounds, “focus music”, sometimes classical music, depending on the season, weather, my mood.
Right now:

• Like 18

While working, I usually listen to something that won’t distract me = no lyrics, mostly that’s ambient music, forest sounds, rain sounds, “focus music”, sometimes classical music, depending on the season, weather, my mood.

Right now:

@miiila that’s beautiful! That’s my favorite too. So soothing. I have nature sounds on most of the time.

I do like jazz and related genres too.

• Like 13

Nine Inch Nails

moombahton

Armin van Buuren

Scooter

Strokes, Father John Misty, and Arctic Monkeys.

Lindsey Stirling’s stuff.

Thanks for the ideas! I am kind of musical artist challenged. But I just got myself an early gift of an Amazon Alexa, and it is so nice to merely be able to tell her to play what I want to hear. Now, I have a list of what to try.

The Beatles

I was a teen when they began.

the 80’s classic hit songs.

I like the 50’s and 60’s classics.

no lyrics, mostly that’s ambient music, forest sounds, rain sounds, “focus music”, sometimes classical music, depending on the season, weather, my mood.

Right now:

• Like 13

Nine Inch Nails

moombahton

Armin van Buuren

Scooter

Strokes, Father John Misty, and Arctic Monkeys.

Lindsey Stirling’s stuff.

Thanks for the ideas! I am kind of musical artist challenged. But I just got myself an early gift of an Amazon Alexa, and it is so nice to merely be able to tell her to play what I want to hear. Now, I have a list of what to try.

The Beatles

I was a teen when they began.

the 80’s classic hit songs.

I like the 50’s and 60’s classics.

no lyrics, mostly that’s ambient music, forest sounds, rain sounds, “focus music”, sometimes classical music, depending on the season, weather, my mood.

Right now:

Motown while you work?

• Like 13

My husband saw them in concert about a year ago in Memphis. He loves NIN and Trent. He was able to finally cross them off his bucket list, but that doesn’t mean he wouldn’t go back if he could.

I saw them live for the first time in 2013 and I honestly cried for a few opening songs. Because they’ve never even come near to where I live before that and in 2009 Trent announced he hand no plans to tour again.

In 2013, the closest they got to me was Zurich. I had no visa and had just got a new job where I was solely responsible for all the deadlines. My boss told me: “You have a good taste in music, you can go,” and then my visa miraculously came through. I still can’t believe I pulled that entire adventure off. I’ve seen them live 2 more times since then but the first time was definitely the most memorable one. NIN is one of those bands worth seeing live even if you’re just a casual fan, that’s for sure.

• Like 17