Returning to Fiverr - with an apology

Well, I’m not sure if this fits here or in Fiverr Stories, but here goes. (also, it’s a long post - scroll down for the tl;dr version)

Hey guys! My name is Adit, and I’ve been here on Fiverr since 2017. In the first few months when I was starting out, I’d say I was quite successful and gained quite a few orders. However, due to not one, but several of my orders going awry, I ended up leaving this site to catch a break, focus on other life matters and reflect on things I did wrong.

Therefore, I would like to publicly apologize to everyone who has had issues with ordering gigs from me. More specifically, for the following issues:

1. Delays, delays, delays: By reviewing my order history, I realized that all except for one of the orders for my article writing gig had 1 or 2 delivery extensions. I did not take schoolwork into account when I was setting my delivery times. Learning from that mistake, I’ve decided to lengthen my stated delivery times in my gigs in the name of honesty.

2. Poor communication: To add insult to injury, when I knew that my delivery was running late, I didn’t even say a single thing about it! As per professional behavior, my buyers should have peace of mind knowing that they are hiring a trustworthy freelancer with clear transparency on the progress of their orders. Therefore, I deeply regret this error, and look forward to rectifying it by clarifying my progress more often in the future.

Now, in the year 2019, I hope to start over, make amends and seek good, honest and transparent business with all the ambitious buyers here on Fiverr. If you’re interested in getting any writing work, beta reading or Malaysia-related services done, please do check out my profile as it would mean a lot to me! Thank you so much for reading and I hope to be useful to this wonderful community!

(too long; didn’t read: I used to work here in 2017, but I communicated poorly and delivered orders late to buyers and decided to leave the site to catch a break and reflect on my errors. Now, in 2019, I hope to turn over a new leaf and start to provide higher quality services to all the ambitious doers here on Fiverr!)

Archived