Working on Low Prices?

muhammadfaheem0

I find it never to work out in my favor if I fight fire with fire. If someone tells me that they can get a product for less, I always agree with them. something like

“Yes sir, or ma’am, you can. I know what I deliver is of the highest value. I believe I provide the best customer service as well as a professional, high quality your product here. I hope you understand that the price I have given you is not just because of the product you will receive, but also because of the time I have spent and continue to spend perfecting my art/craft. I want to make sure you are happy with your product and happy with the service I provide. If I am out of your price range I understand. I wish you the best and please let me know if you have any additional questions, I would be happy to assist you in any way possible.”

Now, it also comes down to the project and the client - For instance - I just recently had this conversation with a client who was not affiliated with Fiverr and had contacted me through other means. I really believed in the final product this client was offering, educational videos for kids (I was doing the voice overs), so because of this, I decided to negotiate with my client…for example…

“client, I really love the final product you are producing, especially because it is giving back to the community and helping educate and positively influence the children of the future. Because I believe in giving back myself and in your final product I would love to come to even term so we can continue to work together. I hope you understand that I can’t stretch too far on price because I have a family to feed, but I also understand you have a budget. Please send me your next desired script, I will look over the complexity of it, and rather than bidding it per word or per minute, we can negotiate on the price and come to a fair, mutual agreement. If this makes sense to you, if you like my previous work and customer service and if you want to continue to work with me, that would be awesome! If not, I totally understand and there would be no hard feelings. I want you to be happy with whatever decision you make and, especially, with your final product.”

Turns out the client loves my work and loves working with me, so we will continue to work together. This is a rare occurrence as I am pretty strict with pricing, but every once in a while my heart is touched and I truly believe to follow that. There really are few things better, in my view, then being able to help positively influence other people in this world.

I hope this helps you and best wishes!

sincerely,

Ken

Yes, I agree with the previous reply. It’s never good to reply with a smart-alecky comment, despite how tempting it may be or how much rage the client induces. To succeed, you will need a “customer is always right” attitude (even if you know they’re wrong) and do everything you can to get the sale and earn repeat business or referrals.

While the thought in the image at the top might go through my head, I would never say that to a potential client, of course. I have people tell me my prices are too high sometimes. I explain that my prices are firm, wish them well, and move on to the next.

Archived