Lost Gig Position because I edited my gig?

balaw1

I have had a successful video gig on fiverr for about 4 months. When people searched for my favorite search phrase “product video”, I show up on the first row, usually 3rd position. It was great. I was getting enough work to even turn down jobs that did not appeal to me.

Not now. I am on the second page in about 50th position. I get nothing now, not even a query.

I have had all 5 star reviews, I have not been late, my customers love my videos. The only thing that changed is that I edited my gig a couple of times. I changed prices, added some keywords, updated the description.

I did some reading and several people said that editing your gig can lower your ranking. Have any of you found this to be true? Is there anything I can do to get back to the top?

Thanks for any advice you can give me.

Bruce

Dear Balaw1

Fiverr mechanism is a bit strange to understand.
Fiverr put your gigs to 1st page only when. You maintain your previous week or month progress. 1=For Example 5 order completed in previous month. You should complete this month .
2=Your views are decreasing
3=your Favorites Decreasing as compare to previous month
4= Impressions increasing or decreasing
These are the thing which you should maintain.
Next…
You have edited your gig. might possible that your keywords replaced with other words, or you put less keywords than before.
your competitors are working better than you.

All of these thing matters. keep working on getting orders. You will be on top again.
Wish you goodluck
Thank you.

Dear Balaw1

Fiverr mechanism is a bit strange to understand.

Fiverr put your gigs to 1st page only when. You maintain your previous week or month progress. 1=For Example 5 order completed in previous month. You should complete this month .

2=Your views are decreasing

3=your Favorites Decreasing as compare to previous month

4= Impressions increasing or decreasing

These are the thing which you should maintain.

Next…

You have edited your gig. might possible that your keywords replaced with other words, or you put less keywords than before.

your competitors are working better than you.

All of these thing matters. keep working on getting orders. You will be on top again.

Wish you goodluck

Thank you.

You mention several things that cause me to lose my position. BUT the big question for me, can I go in and improve my gig listing without causing me to get an even lower position?

I notice this pattern as well, except that I never modify the gig for like a month to see this happened in every week. Even Level 2 seller with recent 5 stars delivery have the gig in the last page of results.

I never heard editing the gig will lower the rank or affect the search results position. The only thing that happened before is the gig will be missing from the search results after modifying it, but now it seems that problem is solved, completely I assume.

My guess that the order of the gig shown from the search results could be completely random. This week might be in first row, but next week, the gig will be dropped to back row to give other gigs a chance to stand out and shine. So, it shuffles randomly.

Just my assumption.

You mention several things that cause me to lose my position. BUT the big question for me, can I go in and improve my gig listing without causing me to get an even lower position?

Edit whatever you like. But dont delete or replace your major keywords you have used in your gig.

Archived