Some Worst experiences i have had with Buyers!

isaacpro

I have had this issue several times on one of my gigs. After doing a good job without complains or revisions. The buyer goes ahead to say “lovely job, perfect description, will recommend this guy to anyone” but ends up giving a 4 star rating. Have you experienced this too? How did you feel? I felt terribly bad because i know i did a perfect job. What can possibly justify the actions of such buyers?

Let’s discuss some crazy experiences to help us learn fiverr better

Well, this is not really a bad experience. 4 stars is a positive and good reviews especially if people writing positive review on top of that.

I agree but it affects the overall rating in a way and i think some buyers only care about a 5 star seller. The question is what does it take a buyer that acknowledges a job to rate the seller 5 star?

I agree but it affects the overall rating in a way and i think some buyers only care about a 5 star seller. The question is what does it take a buyer that acknowledges a job to rate the seller 5 star?

Even if you believe you’ve delivered a product that’s 100% perfect, it is not possible for you to know what’s going on in your customer’s mind. They might have their own reasons for deducting points from your rating. There are even some buyers who believe it’s impossible for sellers (humans) to do a perfect job, and so, the highest rating they will ever give to a seller is 4 or 4.5 (even if the job is done to perfection).

The question is what does it take a buyer that acknowledges a job to rate the seller 5 star?

In some cases, you never know! Here are some strange reasons I have come across so far:

“My wife served me burnt toast today for breakfast. So, even though I am highly satisfied with your product, I am still going to deduct 2 stars from my review because I have had a lousy day so far .”

“I found Fiverr’s ‘review your order’ page with great difficulty. They have a terrible website layout. So, even though it has nothing to do with your particular order, I am still going to deduct a star because you work for Fiverr .”

In my opinion, your best bet is to just move on and continue delivering excellent products/services to your clients without expecting a 5-star rating in return; don’t get bogged down by non 5-star rated orders.

Even if you believe you’ve delivered a product that’s 100% perfect, it is not possible for you to know what’s going on in your customer’s mind. They might have their own reasons for deducting points from your rating. There are even some buyers who believe it’s impossible for sellers (humans) to do a perfect job, and so, the highest rating they will ever give to a seller is 4 or 4.5 (even if the job is done to perfection).

The question is what does it take a buyer that acknowledges a job to rate the seller 5 star?

In some cases, you never know! Here are some strange reasons I have come across so far:

“My wife served me burnt toast today for breakfast. So, even though I am highly satisfied with your product, I am still going to deduct 2 stars from my review because I have had a lousy day so far .”

“I found Fiverr’s ‘review your order’ page with great difficulty. They have a terrible website layout. So, even though it has nothing to do with your particular order, I am still going to deduct a star because you work for Fiverr .”

In my opinion, your best bet is to just move on and continue delivering excellent products/services to your clients without expecting a 5-star rating in return; don’t get bogged down by non 5-star rated orders.

@hanshuber16 This is an amazing submission. Thanks for weighing in on the discussion.

How about buyers that never leaves any rating or reviews?

Half of the sales I’ve made so far are like that.

Unfortunately, there’s NOTHING you can do about that. Even so much as asking your buyer about it can get your account a ToS warning and account suspension. I understand how important rating are for sellers, especially for new sellers. But, unfortunately, sellers can’t do anything about it. 😿

Half of the sales I’ve made so far are like that.

@sefiuu This is another head aching issue on fiverr. Having to wait for 3 days before it is marked completed. Some buyers claim to be too busy, they don’t care if it’s a pain in the @ss to sellers.

@sefiuu This is another head aching issue on fiverr. Having to wait for 3 days before it is marked completed. Some buyers claim to be too busy, they don’t care if it’s a pain in the @ss to sellers.

This is another head aching issue on fiverr. Having to wait for 3 days before it is marked

How is waiting for 3 days a pain in the @$$ for sellers? How is waiting for two extra days going to impact you so much? I fail to understand.

Unfortunately, there’s NOTHING you can do about that. Even so much as asking your buyer about it can get your account a ToS warning and account suspension. I understand how important rating are for sellers, especially for new sellers. But, unfortunately, sellers can’t do anything about it. 😿

I think 3 days is quite reasonable.

Some website never mark orders complete on behalf of buyer and those projects can get stuck for years just because buyers are too busy.

There are pros and cons on this website but I don’t think that the “issues” that you are describing here are really an issues.

I guess you didn’t yet encounter real problems here and I hope you never will 😉

This is another head aching issue on fiverr. Having to wait for 3 days before it is marked

How is waiting for 3 days a pain in the @$$ for sellers? How is waiting for two extra days going to impact you so much? I fail to understand.

it’s not something that outrageous anyways. But it affects your payment processing in a way.

Unfortunately, there’s NOTHING you can do about that. Even so much as asking your buyer about it can get your account a ToS warning and account suspension.

Yes I know it against Fiverr TOS to ask a buyer to rate or review. :crazy_face:

I never asked before and I don’t plan to .

it’s not something that outrageous anyways. But it affects your payment processing in a way.

But it affects your payment processing in a way.

Not when you have enough orders on a regular basis to provide you a constant influx of income. You will not even think about stuff like having to wait two extra days to get the funds cleared. Start hustlin’!

Some website never mark orders complete on behalf of buyer and those projects can get stuck for years just because buyers are too busy.

There are pros and cons on this website but I don’t think that the “issues” that you are describing here are really an issues.

@mariashtelle1 That’s why i created the thread. To learn more about what others have faced too. The thread is not just about me… it’s about learning more about other people’s worst experiences too. That’s the worst i have had so far

But it affects your payment processing in a way.

Not when you have enough orders on a regular basis to provide you a constant influx of income. You will not even think about stuff like having to wait two extra days to get the funds cleared. Start hustlin’!

Yes Sir!!😂 i will

🤐

@mariashtelle1 That’s why i created the thread. To learn more about what others have faced too. The thread is not just about me… it’s about learning more about other people’s worst experiences too. That’s the worst i have had so far

The thread is not just about me… it’s about learning more about other people’s worst experiences too.

In all honesty, I don’t see how other people’s worst experiences here on Fiverr will make YOU a better seller? Those experiences have nothing to do with you.

The thread is not just about me… it’s about learning more about other people’s worst experiences too.

In all honesty, I don’t see how other people’s worst experiences here on Fiverr will make YOU a better seller? Those experiences have nothing to do with you.

i read one of your blogs on why new sellers should not care about impressions but clicks. It was impressive.

Well, it can be a mistake. I had a regular buyer giving me 3.7* once by accident and I have no idea what he had to press to get that number. But thankfully it was back when you still could change the reviews, so he did.

Some buyers also consider 4* a great review. For them, it’s the rating for the job well done and to get the 5* you have to be perfect, magical, exceed the expectations and make them cry from happiness. You can’t really do anything to make them reconsider their entire approach.

i read one of your blogs on why new sellers should not care about impressions but clicks. It was impressive.

Thank you. I’m glad that my commentary was helpful.

Well, it can be a mistake. I had a regular buyer giving me 3.7* once by accident and I have no idea what he had to press to get that number. But thankfully it was back when you still could change the reviews, so he did.

Some buyers also consider 4* a great review. For them, it’s the rating for the job well done and to get the 5* you have to be perfect, magical, exceed the expectations and make them cry from happiness. You can’t really do anything to make them reconsider their entire approach.

:rofl: that’s quite hillarious

Archived