What if your best gig has a 4.6 rating?

fastcopywriter

1293584675_ScreenShot2019-05-13at1_30_34AM.png.17c0983df3ff602f12c371f9984dcf1b.png

As you know, we’re expected to:

Maintain a 4.7 star rating, over the course of 60 days

Now suppose that you had a gig that represented 50% of your income, sometimes 100% on certain days, but this gig is keeping you under the 4.7 standard, which means you’ll get demoted.

What do you do? Do you delete the gig? Or do you accept the demotions?

I know that without this gig, my star rating would most likely be between 4.7 and 4.9, and demotions would most likely become a thing of the past.

However, I don’t know if I should focus on making money or maintaining my level 2 level. I know that this month, I have gotten more sales thanks to being a level 2 instead of level 1, at least that’s my theory.

34%20AM

Now suppose that you had a gig that represented 50% of your income, sometimes 100% on certain days, but this gig is keeping you under the 4.7 standard, which means you’ll get demoted.

I know that without this gig, my star rating would most likely be between 4.7 and 4.9, and demotions would most likely become a thing of the past.

However, I don’t know if I should focus on making money or maintaining my level 2 level. I know that this month, I have gotten more sales thanks to being a level 2 instead of level 1, at least that’s my theory.

Do you delete the gig?

No, not at all.

Rather I will focus on improve my services.

Why would you delete a Gig that has a ton of reviews? You would never get those back. I don’t know if that 1500+ number of reviews are for that one Gig that only has a 4.6 rating or encompasses your entire group of Gigs, but, I wouldn’t delete a Gig just because it may demote me. Especially if a lot of my orders are through that Gig. There is always the ability to get your rating back up to that 4.7 if that Gig is as lucrative as you state.

GG

34%20AM

Or maybe try and increase your average rating on this gig to 4.7?

The 1,500+ gig is this one.

https://www.fiverr.com/fastcopywriter/create-6-business-names

I have, I even increased prices to eliminate most problem buyers, and it worked partially well. However, I still get clients that give me 5 stars only when they love my work. They never appreciate my efforts.

I suppose I could start giving people refunds every time they demand a revision, but that would lower my Order Completion Rate. Right now my OCR is 99%, but if I start refunding, it could fall all the way to 89% which means a demotion. Suffice to say, I’m between a rock and a hard place.

Well, if you have 1500+ reviews on a Gig you are thinking of nixing because of the 4.6 rating, that’s not a good idea! Think of it like your credit report: Even though you may not be using the very first credit card (preferably a Visa or MC) you ever got, it is factored into your credit score as far as how long you have had credit - to delete or close that account can actually harm your credit score. I know it is a strange comparison, but the best I could come up with at 2am. Just work on getting the 4.6 back up there.

As for ratings, I never even look at mine. I don’t want to know either way as it messes with my head. If they come back and order again because they liked how I do readings, that is all that is important to me. As for revisions, how many do you offer? I know you are in a category that seems rife with people who want things rewritten or tweaked after you submit your work, but, I would draw boundaries on how many times I would revise an order. That just seems like a black hole you could get trapped in!

GG

You could try increasing the revisions to 2 (maybe just on certain packages) for while and see if that helps on packages that get the lower ratings. You could try changing how the ideas are presented/described. I’d also not put the brand names given in any replies to reviews, just in case that needs to be kept confidential. You could also slightly increase the price further of package(s) that you think might benefit from it.

Well, if you have 1500+ reviews on a Gig you are thinking of nixing because of the 4.6 rating, that’s not a good idea! Think of it like your credit report: Even though you may not be using the very first credit card (preferably a Visa or MC) you ever got, it is factored into your credit score as far as how long you have had credit - to delete or close that account can actually harm your credit score. I know it is a strange comparison, but the best I could come up with at 2am. Just work on getting the 4.6 back up there.

As for ratings, I never even look at mine. I don’t want to know either way as it messes with my head. If they come back and order again because they liked how I do readings, that is all that is important to me. As for revisions, how many do you offer? I know you are in a category that seems rife with people who want things rewritten or tweaked after you submit your work, but, I would draw boundaries on how many times I would revise an order. That just seems like a black hole you could get trapped in!

GG

As for revisions, how many do you offer?

Only one, and believe me, one revision is more than enough. Otherwise you’re gonna spend a lot of time with each client, and that’s not the goal. I want this to be a 3-day gig, not a 7-day gig.

You could try increasing the revisions to 2 (maybe just on certain packages) for while and see if that helps on packages that get the lower ratings.

I appreciate the idea. The issue is that some clients don’t read my gig instructions, and order things I don’t offer, such as one word brand names, and/or generic brand names, which are very hard to do. Even when they order what I can do, there’s no guarantee they’ll like what I create for them. If you have a wordpress gig, and you fix a problem, they will like it because that’s a clear cut, black and white gig. But with creative gigs, they either like it or don’t like it.

Archived