Receiving Unfair Warnings, What should I do

aqal_acca

Question

Hello Friends

here is my story

I am seller on Fiverr since more than 1 year completed 110 project as a seller and 7 project as buyer, I have not received a single warning and got 5 start feedback all the time.

I hired a seller and sent order via fiver but due to project complexity i asked for ■■■■■ detail so I can discuss the project with him. in short I had bad experience with that guy he sent me order cancellation request and asked for payment outside fiverr which i did not sent him as its against fiverr TOS. he has not sent me order deliver yet.

Now the guy told me that he will report me to fiver for asking contact information, he reported me and i received 1 warning yesterday already, the guy told me that he will go after me unless fiver close my fiverr profile. and he said he will report me continuously from his friend profile as well.

Now i have been receiving new warning and my fiver account has been restricted and I very disappointed and thinking what should I do? the guy blackmail me and scamming my profile, though i had an issue as buyer but my seller activity has been closed is it fair? on the other side fiverr issue warnings to me and restrict my account without consulting me or explaining detail reason. but just mention you have received warning for sharing contact information.

I highly appreciate your answer please

Thanks

before getting Warning i Report that buyer ,and after few hours i got Warning … i contacted twice to CS but they are not giving me any satisfactory answers .now i again open a new ticket .

before getting Warning i Report that buyer ,and after few hours i got Warning

Perhaps your choice to report the buyer was inappropriate.

contacted twice to CS but they are not giving me any satisfactory answers

Fiverr doesn’t have to give you “satisfactory answers” that you want to hear. Whatever answers Fiverr chooses to give you, are THE answers to your questions. This is Fiverr’s site. They set the rules, and their answers are final.

now i again open a new ticket

And that will likely annoy Fiverr CS even further. You don’t need multiple tickets for the same issue. One is enough. In fact, Fiverr even requests that people only open one ticket per issue. They have been known to issue warnings to users who keep opening multiple tickets.

Fiverr doesn’t have to give you “satisfactory answers” that you want to hear. Whatever answers Fiverr chooses to give you, are THE answers to your questions. This is Fiverr’s site. They set the rules, and their answers are final.

And that will likely annoy Fiverr CS even further. You don’t need multiple tickets for the same issue. One is enough. In fact, Fiverr even requests that people only open one ticket per issue. They have been known to issue warnings to users who keep opening multiple tickets.

this time …i just request CS to let me know on why i get warning…

this time …i just request CS to let me know on why i get warning…

Alright. I wash my hands of your concerns. I encouraged you not to do so, because Fiverr doesn’t like multiple tickets. Any future consequences of your poor choices, and your encouragement not to harass CS are entirely your own.

Perhaps your choice to report the buyer was inappropriate

i choose other …and write that (buyers wants to contact him outside the fiverr…)

Perhaps your choice to report the buyer was inappropriate

i choose other …and write that (buyers wants to contact him outside the fiverr…)

Finally my issue has been resolved as I was right, thanks all friends and fiverr. thanks

This isn’t blackmail or scamming! You broke the terms and asked this person to do something that would put their account into jeopardy. They put a stop to it. All that happened to you was just: you violated Fiverr’s Terms of Service and received the consequences. That’s how policy works. It doesn’t become blackmail just because it isn’t in your favor. That’s not what blackmail or scamming is. You’re just coloring your story to sway us in your favor.

It’s simple: don’t break the terms of service and don’t make things in the forum.

You don’t get a free pass to break the terms just because a buyer broke the terms. That’s not how policy works. I’m sorry the buyer is being like this, but you still have to follow the rules and will still be held to those rules regardless of their actions.

congrats .now pray for me…

congrats .now pray for me…

No. I decline to so because prayer is not what you need.

In addition, you’ve essentially hijacked someone else’s forum topic, and you’re still trying to make it all about you. That is extremely rude to the OP.

Why do certain sellers always say that it is the buyers fault, when a seller gets a warning for breaking the site rules? I highly doubt that Fiverr gave YOU a warning for something your buyer did. It is more likely that you gained your warning because of how YOU responded to what the buyer asked for.

If a buyer breaks the rules, Fiverr usually deals with the buyer. If a seller breaks the rules, the seller will be the one gaining a warning, restriction, or banishment.

before getting Warning i Report that buyer ,and after few hours i got Warning … i contacted twice to CS but they are not giving me any satisfactory answers .now i again open a new ticket .

Finally my issue has been resolved as I was right, thanks all friends and fiverr. thanks

To be honest, I don’t think you are out of the woods yet.

There are a few things which I think would leave people scratching their head about your profile. i.e. How you are based in Pakistan but offer UK tax return and account filing services. - And seem to order from other sellers based in Pakistan who offer UK tax return and account filing services and even use the same gig images…

Something just doesn’t seem right, if you ask me. :thinking:

Well done though, on managing to manipulate current events in your favor. 👍

To be honest, I don’t think you are out of the woods yet.

There are a few things which I think would leave people scratching their head about your profile. i.e. How you are based in Pakistan but offer UK tax return and account filing services. - And seem to order from other sellers based in Pakistan who offer UK tax return and account filing services and even use the same gig images…

Something just doesn’t seem right, if you ask me. :thinking:

Well done though, on managing to manipulate current events in your favor. 👍

How you are based in Pakistan but offer UK tax return and account filing services. - And seem to order from other sellers based in Pakistan who offer UK tax return and account filing services and even use the same gig images…

I’m searching my mind for a logical explanation for this. There must be one I am not aware of.

How is someone located in Pakistan an “I am ACCA qualified UK accountant”? And is setting up business entities in the UK from Pakistan?

And giving people a UK address?

How you are based in Pakistan but offer UK tax return and account filing services. - And seem to order from other sellers based in Pakistan who offer UK tax return and account filing services and even use the same gig images…

I’m searching my mind for a logical explanation for this. There must be one I am not aware of.

How is someone located in Pakistan an “I am ACCA qualified UK accountant”? And is setting up business entities in the UK from Pakistan?

The only explanation I can think of is that maybe the buyer works with a company that sells business addresses. I have a business address myself.

But I’m skeptical. I just know those services do exist.

The only explanation I can think of is that maybe the buyer works with a company that sells business addresses. I have a business address myself.

But I’m skeptical. I just know those services do exist.

I understand that but usually the company that sells business addresses is in the same location as the addresses they sell, not in a different country. It’s not even a country in Europe. I suppose he could be reselling the addresses but usually that is regulated by the government. In the US you need to show identification to set up a business address to give to the post office, to prevent fraud. You have to fill out a government form.

How is someone located in Pakistan an “I am ACCA qualified UK accountant”? And is setting up various business entities in the UK from Pakistan?

IDK. I just know who I’m not doing my taxes with. - But also who to turn to if I ever want to set up an overseas shell company 😉

I understand that but usually the company that sells business addresses is in the same location as the addresses they sell, not in a different country. It’s not even a country in Europe. I suppose he could be reselling the addresses but usually that is regulated by the government. In the US you need to show identification to set up a business address to give to the post office, to prevent fraud. You have to fill out a government form.

Not necessarily. Some businesses I discovered in my research for a business address provided addresses in other countries as well. I’m not sure how that’s legal, but those businesses are certainly out there.

In any case I agree with you. It does feel really sketchy what this seller is doing and I’m skeptical it’s real/legitimate.

Not necessarily. Some businesses I discovered in my research for a business address provided addresses in other countries as well. I’m not sure how that’s legal, but those businesses are certainly out there.

In any case I agree with you. It does feel really sketchy what this seller is doing and I’m skeptical it’s real/legitimate.

Some businesses I discovered in my research for a business address provided addresses in other countries as well.

I spend a lot of time researching things like this. (For legitimate reasons). In the future, I will hopefully end up registering a business in Estonia or Georgia. In both cases, though, I’m pretty sure I have to actually travel to said countries at least once to do so.

All that said, accounting and tax is a world of infinite complexity, loopholes, and general confusion.

Some businesses I discovered in my research for a business address provided addresses in other countries as well.

I spend a lot of time researching things like this. (For legitimate reasons). In the future, I will hopefully end up registering a business in Estonia or Georgia. In both cases, though, I’m pretty sure I have to actually travel to said countries at least once to do so.

All that said, accounting and tax is a world of infinite complexity, loopholes, and general confusion.

I shudder to think of how complex that would be to manage! It seems only worth it if you make a lot of money in the country of your business address. And I sincerely doubt the people who would buy that gig on Fiverr are strong enough in business to make a lot of money in another country. And they certainly wouldn’t be buying their address on Fiverr. Haha

In the future, I will hopefully end up registering a business in Estonia or Georgia.

I like this idea but I don’t know why. It represents being a citizen of the world maybe. Freedom.

Hello Friends

here is my story

I am seller on Fiverr since more than 1 year completed 110 project as a seller and 7 project as buyer, I have not received a single warning and got 5 start feedback all the time.

I hired a seller and sent order via fiver but due to project complexity i asked for ■■■■■ detail so I can discuss the project with him. in short I had bad experience with that guy he sent me order cancellation request and asked for payment outside fiverr which i did not sent him as its against fiverr TOS. he has not sent me order deliver yet.

Now the guy told me that he will report me to fiver for asking contact information, he reported me and i received 1 warning yesterday already, the guy told me that he will go after me unless fiver close my fiverr profile. and he said he will report me continuously from his friend profile as well.

Now i have been receiving new warning and my fiver account has been restricted and I very disappointed and thinking what should I do? the guy blackmail me and scamming my profile, though i had an issue as buyer but my seller activity has been closed is it fair? on the other side fiverr issue warnings to me and restrict my account without consulting me or explaining detail reason. but just mention you have received warning for sharing contact information.

Thanks

Yeah, your problem now, is that what you wrote in your original post:

I hired a seller and sent order via fiver but due to project complexity i asked for ■■■■■ detail so I can discuss the project with him.

Bares almost no similarity to what you just said:

I have hired the guy on fiverr, he has just joined fiver last month with 0 review and I did buy his basic gig and he was happy with the price and he agreed to complete the work, after the work completion he said you should have bought my premium gig

Why can’t you get your story straight? Why does each version make less logical sense than the last one?

In either case, you did breach TOS. There is nothing anyone can do about that now.

I think you should consult with fiverr support team and discuss the same matter there. they have smart intelligence to observe your case study.

Thanks Dear

I have already contacted fiverr support, Also when I received 1st warning I did contacted fiver and shared my concern that the same person told me that he will be reporting me from different profile again, I asked fiverr in advance to please protect me? but still received warning

Thanks Dear

I have already contacted fiverr support, Also when I received 1st warning I did contacted fiver and shared my concern that the same person told me that he will be reporting me from different profile again, I asked fiverr in advance to please protect me? but still received warning

just keep in touch with fiverr management. they definitely put your account in observation. just keep calm and develop a good approach with fiverr team. because it is a big challenge for fiverr team too.

Hello Friends

here is my story

Thanks

he sent me order cancellation request and asked for payment outside fiverr which i did not sent him as its against fiverr TOS.

That’s great. However, unfortunately, you cannot be selective about when to abide by Fiverr’s terms; you have to abide by them at ALL TIMES.

The ToS clearly states that requesting for personal information is not allowed (and that it is only allowed IF absolutely required for the order). Even then, it’s safer to take Fiverr’s prior permission before you do that.

I don’t think there is a need to share personal contact info. You could have given more complex information in writing or, perhaps, made a video explaining your requirements and shared it with your seller.

Unfortunately, you’ve violated the ToS, and the seller (a scammer by your description) is not wrong in reporting you; there’s nothing unfair about the ToS warning you received. However, you should have only received one ToS warning for this violation. Just because the seller keeps reporting you non-stop, it doesn’t mean Fiverr will keep issuing you warnings. If you received more than one warning, it must have been for multiple ToS violations.

and asked for payment outside fiverr which i did not sent him as its against fiverr TOS. he has not sent me order deliver yet.

You should report the seller, too, as they have violated the ToS more than once already. They not only asked for payment off Fiverr but also threatened you with more reports/warnings/account closure. Fiverr takes such threats VERY seriously, and the outcome of your interaction with CS will depend on how effectively and succinctly you’re able to communicate with CS.

Good luck!

he sent me order cancellation request and asked for payment outside fiverr which i did not sent him as its against fiverr TOS.

That’s great. However, unfortunately, you cannot be selective about when to abide by Fiverr’s terms; you have to abide by them at ALL TIMES.

The ToS clearly states that requesting for personal information is not allowed (and that it is only allowed IF absolutely required for the order). Even then, it’s safer to take Fiverr’s prior permission before you do that.

I don’t think there is a need to share personal contact info. You could have given more complex information in writing or, perhaps, made a video explaining your requirements and shared it with your seller.

Unfortunately, you’ve violated the ToS, and the seller (a scammer by your description) is not wrong in reporting you; there’s nothing unfair about the ToS warning you received. However, you should have only received one ToS warning for this violation. Just because the seller keeps reporting you non-stop, it doesn’t mean Fiverr will keep issuing you warnings. If you received more than one warning, it must have been for multiple ToS violations.

and asked for payment outside fiverr which i did not sent him as its against fiverr TOS. he has not sent me order deliver yet.

You should report the seller, too, as they have violated the ToS more than once already. They not only asked for payment off Fiverr but also threatened you with more reports/warnings/account closure. Fiverr takes such threats VERY seriously, and the outcome of your interaction with CS will depend on how effectively and succinctly you’re able to communicate with CS.

Good luck!

Thanks, I have already reported the selle*r and its correct he has violated TOS few times, should i report him again? if i don’t have sent any messages neither i know someone can he report me from his profile and can fiverr issue warning? As if one person is reporting from different profile? is it possible, how I can project myself in this case.

Archived