Is there a solution to this situation?

dsaldridge

I take one day off – Sunday. I work six days a week, so I deserve a day off, right? Well, evidently, buyers don’t think so. I got an express one-day order yesterday afternoon, so I had to finish a two-hour job today. I didn’t want another cancellation, so instead, I had to cancel my plans and do the gig.

Sure, I could have done a fake delivery to stop the clock and explained to the buyer that I had one day off, blah, blah, blah, but it was a new buyer, so I dare not risk losing them.

What if I had not been home when I got the order? What if I had gone out of town and not taken my computer with me? I would have a black mark on my record. What is the solution to this? I knew the order was coming in, but thought it would be a regular 7-day gig. The buyer said nothing about a rush job. SO I bust my buns to get it done on time, then the buyer sends a note saying she won’t even have time to read it until tonight.

I’m thinking of taking the express add-on off. Buyers from other countries don’t think about their being one day ahead or behind the U.S., and that could lead to problems.

dsaldridge said: I guess I could just go in on Friday night and disable all the express extras and put them back on Monday, but that is time consuming.

Well, that worked for me.

Prior to last week I did not know you could actually do that.

At times I just pause an entire gig (while working at others)

I thought wrongly that if you paused your gigs that meant that the gigs you were working on would be paused too and that they would be cancelled or something. But @kjblnx told me that you could actually do that. I sometimes do this for short periods of times and it puts my mind at rest.

At least nobody is able to order without asking/ giving the needed information first.

Of course, you must not forget about the suspended gig!

Interested buyers will ask for information but you can answer them in a timely fashion. At least they can no longer order when you are not there.

dsaldridge said: I guess I could just go in on Friday night and disable all the express extras and put them back on Monday, but that is time consuming.

Hi,

It really doesn't "consume" that much time. And the time that is consumed is time better spent than time spent grieving over a bungled or rushed sale or posting about it on the Forum. Think of it as "prep time" and prep time is usually time well spent.

I know I'm not alone in this as other Sellers have confirmed it. I suspend my gigs now and then as well as extend delivery times to meet my personal needs, like time off or to get caught up.

Good luck! :)

Archived