Staying Safe on Fiverr

natalieab

Thank you @ardicus for sharing this. I think more people should be educated about staying safe on the web in a simple to understand way, because we’re using protocols that are by design unsafe, and most education is done for people who already have IT knowledge - and these people are not the biggest target of scammers anyway.

For example it’s really easy to create subdomains and simply share a website named fiverr.com.something - as in your case. ALWAYS make sure that the dot in fiverr.com is the final dot.

Also SMTP (the protocol used for e-mail transfer) allows you to send emails from ANY address, and put ANY time (you can make it look like an old email). The only real way to be sure is by checking the digital signature - so what I’d suggest instead is that users don’t trust any email telling them to pay extra money or register in another website - QUESTION EVERYTHING.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest alexcreativity

I will take care of this. Thanks for sharing

favicon.ico fiverr-logo-new-green-9e65bddddfd33dfcf7e06fc1e51a5bc5.png

Fiverr is the world's largest freelance services marketplace for lean entrepreneurs to focus on growth & create a successful business at affordable costs

Reply to @weerdblkgirl: Would you like to explain how a post from 2013 keeps a lot of “CRAP” down? I mean, you still posted spam by listing your profile on a 2 year old thread when your username was ALREADY a link to your profile. For many people, spam = crap. I’d love to hear your take on this, especially since your selling gig says you will lose control of your mind. I think you already have.

Archived