Staying Safe on Fiverr

natalieab

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it just happened to me

but they using different approach

they using fiverr logo as profile and will ask you if you have low sales ? then click this link to promote and your gigs will featured

i wrote all the details here

http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/50285/my-fiverr039s-account-has-been-hacked-read-to-prevent-it-happen-to-you#Item_3

hope it not happens to you

thank you

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got hit with a message for the same thing, I clicked it and when it wouldn’t sign me in with my Facebook I knew it was wrong. also checking the web address and took it down some… Changed password on my account to be safe and luckily have no issues.

Note the main address in the address bar in the pic I uploaded. If its not fiverr.com DON’T click it… they are getting tricky if you aren’t looking.

My account been compromized, i think i’m going to close this one i have and start anew.

Anyways, how come i don’t get a notification when someone changes the email registered to my account while i, myself have to click some confirmation link send to someone else’s email thats hijacking my fiverr account

Buyers and Sellers - as always, take care not to click on unauthorized links in email or the forums. Report or flag them as needed. (Sorry for the post on an old thread but someone was trying to post potentially dangerous links on the forum and a couple of us were trying to bury their posts. I believe they have now been removed.) Stay safe. 🙂

Archived