Staying Safe on Fiverr

natalieab

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even just got one of recent, I wonder what people feel like. Also in the buyer request section, some tend to post affiliate links there, this got me wondering how they think they will make sell with that.

Overall, be mindful of the kind of links you click, so you don’t loose your account. 🙂

• 3 weeks later...

Reply to @around86: Hey friend!
I think a scammer send me a phishy and malicious URL to check in. Unfortunately a key logger or something like that installed in my computer. Then when I woke up in that morning. All goon. Please make sure that you have a good virus guard installed in your working computer.
DON’T LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT THROUGH ANY OTHER UNSAFE DEVICES. Keep it in your mind always. 🙂 Have a great future on Fiverr.
Thanks!

Reply to @babibalubi: Since you mentioned it, I’ll offer kudos again to a seller and amazing guy, @twistedweb123. He spent his own unpaid time writing a script that cut out a huge amount of bot spam. That also allowed a few other volunteer moderators to focus on keeping a cleaner and more cohesive forum community instead of spending hours deleting junk. 🙂

@fonthaunt Cool - real cool that work done by the volunteers especially the script writer =D> for keeping the forum (more) safe!

I basically referred to the “main” platform of Fiverr - where apart from some rare spammails nothing reaches my inbox anymore.

Weeks ago there have been lots of “real intelligent” (better spoken: highly criminal!) scammails, created so perfectly - that inexperienced users entered in that traps.

As we all know that spam and scam fighting is a “never ending process” I really appreciate the work of all of you guys involved in that!

Again: A big applause for all of you!

• 1 year later...

Archived