How're the details of my gig?

mfgabriel92

Your Gig looks fairly clear to me, too.

There was one thing I noticed, though: Your basic package is $5 for 500 words, but your standard package is $20 for 1500 words. Does the standard package cost $5 more per 1500 words because an extra whole-document revision is provided?

Personally, I think most buyers who need 1500 words translated will order your basic package three times. They’ll save a fiver and get their product a day quicker, too! There’s nothing wrong with that, but if you don’t want it to happen, or think it’s an inefficient way to do business, you’ll need to bring your packages into line or leave a note in your Gig saying they can’t be combined.

There was one thing I noticed, though: Your basic package is $5 for 500 words, but your standard package is $20 for 1500 words. Does the standard package cost $5 more per 1500 words because an extra whole-document revision is provided?

Personally, I think most buyers who need 1500 words translated will order your basic package three times. They’ll save a fiver and get their product a day quicker, too! There’s nothing wrong with that, but if you don’t want it to happen, or think it’s an inefficient way to do business, you’ll need to bring your packages into line or leave a note in your Gig saying they can’t be combined.

No, actually I thought that offering extra $10 per 500 words, if one decides to increase from 500 words to 1500, which would make more expensive, would then just choose the Standard package, you know, like offering a discount. I hadn’t thought about the possibility of they splitting the document and buying the Basic package more than once.

Maybe I should just offer one package and they will input the amount of words, no packages. Seems simpler and easier.

No, actually I thought that offering extra $10 per 500 words, if one decides to increase from 500 words to 1500, which would make more expensive, would then just choose the Standard package, you know, like offering a discount. I hadn’t thought about the possibility of they splitting the document and buying the Basic package more than once.

Maybe I should just offer one package and they will input the amount of words, no packages. Seems simpler and easier.

Buyers can be very sneaky. 😉

That would work, yeah. If you do use packages, you could use them as a way of enticing buyers into spending more money. Maybe offer a few extra words or faster delivery if they upgrade their word count.

Something to ponder!

Buyers can be very sneaky. 😉

That would work, yeah. If you do use packages, you could use them as a way of enticing buyers into spending more money. Maybe offer a few extra words or faster delivery if they upgrade their word count.

Something to ponder!

It initially offered extra words. But with one package, something else I did not think. What if the client has a document with, say, 700 words. Ordering extra 500 words package and paying another $10 does not seem nice to me. What can I do?

Whoa majorly undercharging.

It initially offered extra words. But with one package, something else I did not think. What if the client has a document with, say, 700 words. Ordering extra 500 words package and paying another $10 does not seem nice to me. What can I do?

That’s true. You could let buyers round their word count down if it goes a few hundred over, but I feel you may be exploited if you allow that to happen.

The Custom Order feature may be your best bet. You could include a note at the bottom of your description telling buyers to contact you for a custom quote if their word count doesn’t fit neatly into one of your packages.

Archived