I failed the photoshop test. Did I?

renflowergrapx

Wow.
Not a clickbait title, it actually is.

I’m an illustrator, i work 80% of my time with PS and 20% is divided by ID and AI.
but i failed a test here.

I had questions about web design (which is not my field)
and about things i used once or just few times. it was hard, as still not in my language.

and i felt stupid as I know a long list of shortcuts, i know tools, filters, tricks but it was like to read it was so different.

i’m so used to use keys that by heart i couldn’t remember which keys they were.

Am i the only one?
Don’t be shy!

Woa! 😃 i don’t know if to cry or laugh.

your experience?

I haven’t taken that test but I do know that it is an extremely complex software and even though lots of us can use it in a basic way there are enough things you can do with it that you can take eight or more courses in it and still not know everything there is about it. I took three classes in Photoshop and was still a beginner in it. So don’t feel too badly about it.

I haven’t taken that test, but I’ve found many of these tests are worded very poorly with grammar and other language errors, which makes it confusing.

I didn’t find it poorly made, but i think that a single test can’t include all the categories.

I think the test should be more specific and based on more “branches”

=)

Hi @renflowergrapx,

I too work in Photoshop and AI, but I refuse to take the tests on here.
I’ve taken such tests on other sites and have found them to be too ‘by the book’.
Much like you, when I work on Photoshop, AI, Premier Pro, etc I KNOW the shortcuts from experience, but couldn’t tell you unless I was actually in the application. I’m Adobe Certified in two applications and still couldn’t tell you the keyboard shortcut to duplicate a layer in Photoshop.
Just because you failed the test, doesn’t mean you’re not good in PS, just not good at this sort of testing.
I wouldn’t worry about it too much.

Hi @renflowergrapx,

I too work in Photoshop and AI, but I refuse to take the tests on here.

I’ve taken such tests on other sites and have found them to be too ‘by the book’.

Much like you, when I work on Photoshop, AI, Premier Pro, etc I KNOW the shortcuts from experience, but couldn’t tell you unless I was actually in the application. I’m Adobe Certified in two applications and still couldn’t tell you the keyboard shortcut to duplicate a layer in Photoshop.

Just because you failed the test, doesn’t mean you’re not good in PS, just not good at this sort of testing.

I wouldn’t worry about it too much.

Ahah! Thank you, that’s clear.

I don’t feel less appropriate cause of the test.

I mean i was more “chocked” and i realized how my motions are “mechanical” at the level that i don’t anymore know what i press, but my hands do.

Thank you for your support Mark!

So true! Failed this test about 4 months ago and I don’t really care. I am an artist, I don’t even use many of fancy filters or effects. I don’t need these web design thingies at all and so do you and many other illustrators here on Fiverr.
Our portfolios are our skill test, and even with all the knowledge of shortcuts and functions - if someone draws bad, nothing in PS or any other software will help them. 😃

Archived