Please unban '**********'

Hello, someone that I have been working with named ************* has been banned on Fiverr for sharing contact information with me. He shared his email as part of the order and I needed to send him lengthy notes that Fiverr’s message box could not resolve. The font and spacing were all weird so I wanted to send it in email. He is a very dedicated worker and everyone who ever ordered from him always gave 5 stars in all categories. Please unban him.

Mod Note: Username removed.

Edit: I’m sorry I really didn’t know how big of a deal it was to do such things. Thanks anyway. In all honesty I just felt very bad for the person after completing 10 orders with him, thought I would give making a post about this a shot. I understand now.

Hello, someone that I have been working with named ************* has been banned on Fiverr for sharing contact information with me. He shared his email as part of the order and I needed to send him lengthy notes that Fiverr’s message box could not resolve. The font and spacing were all weird so I wanted to send it in email. He is a very dedicated worker and everyone who ever ordered from him always gave 5 stars in all categories. Please unban him.

Edit: I’m sorry I really didn’t know how big of a deal it was to do such things. Thanks anyway. In all honesty I just felt very bad for the person after completing 10 orders with him, thought I would give making a post about this a shot. I understand now.

He shared his email as part of the order and I needed to send him lengthy notes that Fiverr’s message box could not resolve.

There is never any reason to share personal contact details. You could have sent your complex notes as an attached Word file. You can always try contacting Fiverr to tell your side of the story. Other than that, you will just have to try and consider how your actions might affect the people you work with in future.

Guest humanissocial

No one in the forum can help you and anyone who can will not visit the forum and consider queries.

If you break the terms, you face the consequences. You never deal with things via email. It’s not necessary. There’s no reason you couldn’t sort this via Fiverr message.

I needed to send him lengthy notes that Fiverr’s message box could not resolve.

I have sent long messages within the Fiverr messaging system to clients many times, and I have never come up against any length limits. And even then, if an extraordinarily long message doesn’t fit one message, click enter to send what you’ve already written, and then write the rest in the next message. Your comment that your messages were too long for the Fiverr messaging system sounds a lot like an excuse to justify completely unnecessary off-site communication.

Please unban him.

None of us have any power to unban users. All account issues should be addressed to Fiverr/Customer Support, as they are the ONLY people that can assist with your concerns.

Guest humanissocial

If someone asks my email I tell them why I can’t give it and provide alternative ways through Fiverr message. If they insist I ask them politely to find someone else.

Good for you. It really is that simple.

He is a very dedicated worker and everyone who ever ordered from him always gave 5 stars in all categories.

You should have thought about that before asking him to violate Fiverr’s Terms of Service. Sharing contact information is one of the most common reasons for getting permanently banned.

Anyway, as you’ve been told, this is forum, not Fiverr Customer Support. Nobody here can either ban or unban users from the main site. You’ll need to contact Customer Support (although, it’s unlikely that they will unban someone who broke the rules, and they might ban you, too).

The font and spacing were all weird so I wanted to send it in email.

If the font and spacing were weird it could be due to the browser you were using. Fiverr mostly supports Chrome. If it doesn’t show it correctly in your browser you could contact support but unfortunately they will most likely ask you to use Chrome.

You could ask the seller to contact Fiverr CS about his account. Maybe to ask them if he can create a new one if they can’t reactivate his existing account.

I remember meeting buyers that asked for contact outside Fiverr, justifying with “I did this before with others and they are fine”.

I guess this is a valuable lesson for sellers and buyers alike. 🙂

Don’t share your contact information considering you are an exception.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Why didn’t you share your own Email to him

What in the …? Why would anyone share their email with anyone? It’s against the terms of service. It sounds like you need to read that.

He shared his email as part of the order and I needed to send him lengthy notes that Fiverr’s message box could not resolve. The font and spacing were all weird so I wanted to send it in email

A Word document attached within fiverr messages.

Don’t use Word? Use Google Drive and share a link in the message with an “open to anyone with the link” setting.

No risk to anyone, no need to break rules.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

what I was insinuating is that the buyer definitely knew it’s against fiverr TOS and that’s why he didn’t share his , but asked the seller to do so.

It’s against the ToS to ask for personal contact info, too.

what I was insinuating is that the buyer definitely knew it’s against fiverr TOS and that’s why he didn’t share his , but asked the seller to do so.

You;re right 😀

I guess it’s true that Fiverr values Buyers more than sellers afterall …

Just like I was told in my previous experience with a bully I posted about sometime ago.

see the post HERE

Guest humanissocial

He shared his email as part of the order and I needed to send him lengthy notes that Fiverr’s message box could not resolve. The font and spacing were all weird so I wanted to send it in email

A Word document attached within fiverr messages.

Don’t use Word? Use Google Drive and share a link in the message with an “open to anyone with the link” setting.

No risk to anyone, no need to break rules.

The “open to anyone with the link” setting is very insecure, though.

Guest humanissocial

You;re right 😀

Just like I was told in my previous experience with a bully I posted about sometime ago.

see the post

It would make zero sense for Fiverr to allow personal contact info to be shared. It doesn’t make sense for your Fiverr business, either.

You;re right 😀

see the post HERE

see the post HERE

This further proves that Fiverr values buyers more sellers .

EOD 😉

The seller was banned not because he/she was asked to share his/her mail address but because of providing it. And this happens for not reading Fiverr’s TOS and ignoring the alerts notifications.

Fiverr, in an effort to remind you to keep within TOS, sends an alert notification whenever you write an email on a message, telling you that it’s forbidden.

I can tell you it is so, because it showed up to me once when I tried to send my buyer CS’s email and the link to place the ticket since she needed to contact them, so I desisted of doing it and just sent her the link.

the buyer also violated TOS by asking for the seller’s email in the first place ! But nothing happened to the buyer !

Buyers are rarely aware of the rules that apply to sellers.

Sellers, on the other hand, MUST know the rules, and to break them does warrant action from Fiverr. Fiverr might not take action against a buyer who doesn’t know the seller rules, but they have every right to take action against a seller who should know those rules and abide by them.

Archived