Are a lot of buyers like this?

kimbonny

I received a message yesterday from a user stating that he needed a permanent VO artist for his company. But his team couldn’t listen to the sound on my fiverr profile so he needed a link. I sent him a link to a 7 second sample and said he wanted me for the job. I felt like this was shady but I stayed professional.
Told him that’s fantastic and let’s start a transaction to get this started.
Then he sends me a script and says he has a problem with his payments on his account. Sending money would “take a little time.” He says he has a friend’s account he’s going to use. I immediately receive another message from a different user, “Hi my friend needs this work done. Start a $5 offer.”
Now, on top of using different accounts and talking about payment issues, he didn’t even bother to read my profile to calculate the proper price for his project.
The whole thing is very suspicious so I try to shut it down. Tell him I decline his offer and I blocked the accounts.
I’m now being contacted by a third account, pleading with me to do the job “for his friend who needs it asap” and “I’ll be paid extra”. No transactions have been made through out all of this.

Should I just keep blocking the different accounts? Is there anything else I can do to stop this?

I received a message yesterday from a user stating that he needed a permanent VO artist for his company. But his team couldn’t listen to the sound on my fiverr profile so he needed a link. I sent him a link to a 7 second sample and said he wanted me for the job. I felt like this was shady but I stayed professional.

Told him that’s fantastic and let’s start a transaction to get this started.

Then he sends me a script and says he has a problem with his payments on his account. Sending money would “take a little time.” He says he has a friend’s account he’s going to use. I immediately receive another message from a different user, “Hi my friend needs this work done. Start a $5 offer.”

Now, on top of using different accounts and talking about payment issues, he didn’t even bother to read my profile to calculate the proper price for his project.

The whole thing is very suspicious so I try to shut it down. Tell him I decline his offer and I blocked the accounts.

I’m now being contacted by a third account, pleading with me to do the job “for his friend who needs it asap” and “I’ll be paid extra”. No transactions have been made through out all of this.

Should I just keep blocking the different accounts? Is there anything else I can do to stop this?

I’m now being contacted by a third account, pleading with me to do the job “for his friend who needs it asap” and “I’ll be paid extra”.

Hi,

That sounds extremely fishy. 🐟 I’d run as far away as possible from such a buyer.

so I try to shut it down. Tell him I decline his offer and I blocked the accounts.

Wise choice! 🙂

I would suggest that you create a CS ticket and explain everything that has happened. Also, don’t forget to mention the username of all the 3 accounts (in your ticket) so that they can take appropriate action.

Should I just keep blocking the different accounts?

Yep.

Keep blocking and report all accounts. They are breaching the terms of service as well as harassing you.

I’m also echoing what @hanshuber16 said about telling CS the whole story. The context is important to see the depth of this shady behaviour. The context makes it all the more suspicious and you don’t want CS thinking they are isolated incidents. It’s clearly systematic.

Should you deliver anything to this person, they will not pay you. They will cancel their order or use a charge back with their credit card company to get work free of charge. This is the only reason why buyers ever have multiple accounts or say they can’t process payment.

Do what @hanshuber16 says, but also take screenshots of messages and send these with your ticket to CS. This will make it easier to explain the situation.

All that aside, well done on flagging this activity as suspicious. A lot of new sellers have difficulty fine tuning their intuition to spot (potentially) problem buyers. Clearly, you were made for this. 😉

Should you deliver anything to this person, they will not pay you. They will cancel their order or use a charge back with their credit card company to get work free of charge. This is the only reason why buyers ever have multiple accounts or say they can’t process payment.

Do what @hanshuber16 says, but also take screenshots of messages and send these with your ticket to CS. This will make it easier to explain the situation.

All that aside, well done on flagging this activity as suspicious. A lot of new sellers have difficulty fine tuning their intuition to spot (potentially) problem buyers. Clearly, you were made for this. 😉

They will cancel their order or use a charge back with their credit card company to get work free of charge. This is the only reason why buyers ever have multiple accounts or say they can’t process payment.

I agree. They are so dishonest they don’t even try to hide the fact they have multiple accounts. It doesn’t dawn on them others might look down on it. They have multiple accounts so they can do chargebacks to sellers or demand cancellations over and over.

It’s been a morning of talking about bad buyers. Fortunately these are in the minority.

All that aside, well done on flagging this activity as suspicious. A lot of new sellers have difficulty fine tuning their intuition to spot (potentially) problem buyers. Clearly, you were made for this. 😉 I want to do the best I can and there’s no time for scammers in my schedule.

Applauding you. It’s a huge red flag that the seller will be nothing but trouble, which will totally counteract any potential benefit from doing a sale with this person.

Archived