I Feel Like I Just Got a Fine for Going to the Toilet

cyaxrex

I promised myself that I would never do it again. The charges are just too high and you never know what the quality will be like, but I did it. I placed an order on Fiverr.

Honestly, I still don’t understand why buyers have to pay before submitting their order requirements. That just makes miss-ordering too easy. That said, I’m surprised by this:

1609120249_Screenshotat2019-05-0302-00-19.png.c2f7a340bd1dadc94961b07cadf3cfc5.png

I knew that buyers had to tick a box to say that they confirm their order details are correct. However, I did not realize this was the precise wording. Now I’m at a bit of a loss concerning why some buyers have the audacity to request revisions etc.

That said, looking as a buyer and seller, maybe Fiverr could include an option to edit given requirements. i.e. Add a three to six-hour window where buyers can edit requirements. As it is, doing so does feel a bit rushed, and maybe this is why so many orders never start?

Lastly, I don’t really like the email you get after placing an order:

1022368686_Screenshotat2019-05-0301-53-59.png.bfdeab04ef7e1cbaba89dc9c4911e4ab.png

I didn’t do anything! I came here because I wanted someone else to do something for me. And what did I do?

This email just feels like a receipt from the world’s nicest public lavatory. Thank you for your order would have been okay. But thank you for doing?

It does take some initiative to place an order and that is doing something. I like that a lot. It gives one a sense of … doing something. It’s a pat on the back.

As to the other thing, we know that buyers don’t read, or if they do don’t pay any attention to little notices like that. Today I had someone ask for a revision from an order she placed four years ago, so people just do any old thing. It doesn’t matter how out of line it is.

I look forward to hearing about the order you placed.

It does take some initiative to place an order and that is doing something. I like that a lot. It gives one a sense of … doing something. It’s a pat on the back.

As to the other thing, we know that buyers don’t read, or if they do don’t pay any attention to little notices like that. Today I had someone ask for a revision from an order she placed four years ago, so people just do any old thing. It doesn’t matter how out of line it is.

I look forward to hearing about the order you placed.

You must be spying on my inbox. I have a buyer asking for a revision on a 9-month old order. - It ain’t happening.

Actually, I only placed an order because I needed a service which I could arguably only get on Fiverr. I never do anything for the sake of it and I am interested to see how it turns out.

You must be spying on my inbox. I have a buyer asking for a revision on a 9-month old order. - It ain’t happening.

Actually, I only placed an order because I needed a service which I could arguably only get on Fiverr. I never do anything for the sake of it and I am interested to see how it turns out.

I didn’t know about that notice either that information given must be accurate and complete. No wonder they give me more than I require in the requirements section.

To be honest I LOVE that wording for the information provided.

I have so many buyers wanting to “explore” new ideas that they came up with after the delivery which is the whole new order and not a revision so I highly appreciate that line at the bottom.
I just have to refer them to that line instead of arguing what’s included in the revision.

In same way fiverr should display the difference between REVISIONS & MODIFICATIONS… lot of buyer just click modification button & requesting completely new changes…

A “revision” and a “modification” are the same thing. Both terms refer to the adjustment of something that has already been completed. If you see a difference between these two things, then it is YOUR responsibility to make that clear to your buyers.

Make sure you list how many free revisions you offer within your package details, and then stick to what you state. You are not required to keep providing free revisions beyond what you include within your services.

In same way fiverr should display the difference between REVISIONS & MODIFICATIONS… lot of buyer just click modification button & requesting completely new changes…

you can charge more if someone want you to do modify.

A “revision” and a “modification” are the same thing. Both terms refer to the adjustment of something that has already been completed. If you see a difference between these two things, then it is YOUR responsibility to make that clear to your buyers.

Make sure you list how many free revisions you offer within your package details, and then stick to what you state. You are not required to keep providing free revisions beyond what you include within your services.

I think revision & modification are different things, 1) revision is fixed something the completed file without do any changing from the original file (for example: the buyer want to change the color, or the color code is not same with the original file because the buyer forgot to give the color code requirement) and the cost’s already determined from beginning for example $5 or etc, for every revision. 2) modification is changed some parts (changed the original file) into the new completed file, and the cost to do that can be uncertain (depending the complexity). For example (the buyer want to change the car wheel into other car wheel) or etc.

Note: I did $5 for a little thing modify (no need more than an hour to finished) and charge more than $5 if the modify need to finished more than 1 hour (complex). That’s the basic. But will charge more and more if I have to fo modify which’s need my original idea or concept (for example: the buyer want me to do modify but don’t have any concept or idea).

Archived