Smooth sailing as of late

Been a long time since I posted here. It’s been smooth sailing here for the most part for a good long time now. Had a bunch of snags with customer service and TOS violations before but that has no longer been the case…

I have a tendency to be a hot head and I’ve had to work on all of these issues for my own personal growth. Plus if I want to be successful especially on the Fiverr platfrom.

Here’s some of the lessons I have learned.

1. Don’t get hung up with difficult buyers .

Don’t get buyers angry whatever you do. Do what ever you can to make them happy and cancel only if you absolutely have to. Do not bring them to “Customer Service Court”.

2. Flexibility is your best friend.

Commercial and broadcast rights at times can be an issue with some customers. I will state my case on why they need to purchase these rights, but there have been times depending on the size of the order I will waive it in order to get the order and make them happy. At times that has resulted in them returning later only to purchase another order and include commercial or broadcast rights.

**3. Don’t get hung up on your prices

You’ve got to stop looking at 5.00 as what you are worth or not worth and start seeing it as a tool. If I have a gig that’s not getting a lot of traffic and orders that I want noticed, I’d be willing to take a 5.00 order if that ends up getting me a good review in the end…because that good review may spark another buyer to notice my gig down the road and be willing to pay a lot more money for it.

*4. Frequent the Buyer Request section

Many people discount the BR request section and the truth is there is gold in dem hills and you just got to dig for it and frequent it enough. I’ve gotten lots of 100.00 orders off the BR request section. Be flexible with these people too and don’t be afraid to accept some of the low ball offers. Orders and reviews help your traffic.

***5. Don’t get hung up with reviews"

If someone gives you a bad review understand it’s going to happen eventually. You can’t please everyone all of the time. Don’t complain to customer service and don’t complain to the buyer. Sometimes people will mean to give you a good review and they give you 2 stars because their app is off or whatever… I would say if you have the ability to spot a difficult buyer coming your way, (sometimes the signs are super obvious) just don’t do business with them.

**6. Wear your customer service hat always even if the buyer is a total "you know what"

This is what’s going to separate you from the pack. If you can, get the order done in 24 hours. If you have a new customer that’s got a decent sized order cut him a discount if you can. Don’t give away the store but be the guy who rolls out the red carpet for them. It matters. People read reviews and there are “wow I’m blown away” reviews and “Good work” reviews. There’s a big difference.

This is Fiverr’s platform and their playground and not yours.

With that said take pride as a business owner and be the person that people know like and trust and not the person with just a product to sell.

Hope this helps,

It’s helped me

Will Stauff (willstauff) on Fiverr 🙂

Been a long time since I posted here. It’s been smooth sailing here for the most part for a good long time now. Had a bunch of snags with customer service and TOS violations before but that has no longer been the case…

I have a tendency to be a hot head and I’ve had to work on all of these issues for my own personal growth. Plus if I want to be successful especially on the Fiverr platfrom.

Here’s some of the lessons I have learned.

1. Don’t get hung up with difficult buyers .

Don’t get buyers angry whatever you do. Do what ever you can to make them happy and cancel only if you absolutely have to. Do not bring them to “Customer Service Court”.

2. Flexibility is your best friend.

Commercial and broadcast rights at times can be an issue with some customers. I will state my case on why they need to purchase these rights, but there have been times depending on the size of the order I will waive it in order to get the order and make them happy. At times that has resulted in them returning later only to purchase another order and include commercial or broadcast rights.

**3. Don’t get hung up on your prices

You’ve got to stop looking at 5.00 as what you are worth or not worth and start seeing it as a tool. If I have a gig that’s not getting a lot of traffic and orders that I want noticed, I’d be willing to take a 5.00 order if that ends up getting me a good review in the end…because that good review may spark another buyer to notice my gig down the road and be willing to pay a lot more money for it.

*4. Frequent the Buyer Request section

Many people discount the BR request section and the truth is there is gold in dem hills and you just got to dig for it and frequent it enough. I’ve gotten lots of 100.00 orders off the BR request section. Be flexible with these people too and don’t be afraid to accept some of the low ball offers. Orders and reviews help your traffic.

***5. Don’t get hung up with reviews"

If someone gives you a bad review understand it’s going to happen eventually. You can’t please everyone all of the time. Don’t complain to customer service and don’t complain to the buyer. Sometimes people will mean to give you a good review and they give you 2 stars because their app is off or whatever… I would say if you have the ability to spot a difficult buyer coming your way, (sometimes the signs are super obvious) just don’t do business with them.

**6. Wear your customer service hat always even if the buyer is a total "you know what"

This is what’s going to separate you from the pack. If you can, get the order done in 24 hours. If you have a new customer that’s got a decent sized order cut him a discount if you can. Don’t give away the store but be the guy who rolls out the red carpet for them. It matters. People read reviews and there are “wow I’m blown away” reviews and “Good work” reviews. There’s a big difference.

This is Fiverr’s platform and their playground and not yours.

With that said take pride as a business owner and be the person that people know like and trust and not the person with just a product to sell.

Hope this helps,

It’s helped me

Will Stauff (willstauff) on Fiverr 🙂

• 4. Frequent the Buyer Request section

Many people discount the BR request section and the truth is there is gold in dem hills and you just got to dig for it and frequent it enough.

But the hills have eyes and plagues of zombies without any cash patrolling them… :thinking:

It’s been smooth sailing here for the most part for a good long time now.

This is good news. I don’t think there is anything wrong with being hot-headed though. Unless of course, you used to go around beating your buyers. That said, I just ignore most buyers who act up.

All good advice. However, regarding this bit:

If you have a new customer that’s got a decent sized order cut him a discount if you can.

I’ve found that if you do this, it is important to make it clear that it is a one time only discount, which you are willing to provide because you are not too busy. A few times, I have had relationships with new buyers go south because they expect discounted rates all the time.

• 4. Frequent the Buyer Request section

Many people discount the BR request section and the truth is there is gold in dem hills and you just got to dig for it and frequent it enough.

But the hills have eyes and plagues of zombies without any cash patrolling them… :thinking:

It’s been smooth sailing here for the most part for a good long time now.

This is good news. I don’t think there is anything wrong with being hot-headed though. Unless of course, you used to go around beating your buyers. That said, I just ignore most buyers who act up.

All good advice. However, regarding this bit:

If you have a new customer that’s got a decent sized order cut him a discount if you can.

I’ve found that if you do this, it is important to make it clear that it is a one time only discount, which you are willing to provide because you are not too busy. A few times, I have had relationships with new buyers go south because they expect discounted rates all the time.

they expect discounted rates all the time

This is true. Once I discount an order, buyers return but expect the same discount each time. I’m ending discounts due to this. I have that luxury though since I stay busy enough.

So well said!!

Especially number one. If we let bad clients stress us, we let our happiness be conditional upon things we can’t control. It’s not worth ruining your day and compromising your health and anger and stress do not change things. Take whatever action you need to take, but don’t let it run your life.

Archived