Buyer Wants to Cancel. But He Uses My Completed work on Social Media

I Design Facebook Posts. In This Certain Order, I Delivered the Files to a Buyer and He Says he Doesn’t Like the Work.

I Humbly Agreed and Redid the Posts the Way the Buyer Requested. This Morning I see the Buyer Requesting for a Cancellation, The Stated Reason Being “The Work is not what I was expecting and Not Up to Standard.”

I Do not Mind Accepting the Request, BUT the Buyer has Already used some of the Posts on his Facebook Page.

This is a Technique to Get Free Work from Sellers and Affect their Rating too.

I think Most Sellers May Have Experienced situations Similar or even Worse!, I have Experienced things like this Before too. What do you Suggest I do? Do you have any Suggestions to Prevent things like this?

I’m so sorry. I would get the URLs for the social media posts they used and include them in a report to Fiverr customer service. Also, take screen shots of these posts and attach those in your report in case the buyer deletes them. This buyer should be banned from using this platform, even if they delete the posts.

Unfortunately I don’t see how you could be paid for your work, but at least if the buyer is banned they can’t do that to someone else here and they’ll get the message that they can’t get away with this stuff if it’s public. Don’t contact the user publicly (on social media) because that is against the rules and would also breach confidentiality. Plus, you don’t know if the client posting these is even aware of the plagiarism/theft as it may have been a contractor or someone else.

Good for you for noticing this happened. I’m so sorry. Please do report it and include all of the evidence. There needs to be a record of this buyer’s behavior.

I’m so sorry. I would get the URLs for the social media posts they used and include them in a report to Fiverr customer service. Also, take screen shots of these posts and attach those in your report in case the buyer deletes them. This buyer should be banned from using this platform, even if they delete the posts.

Unfortunately I don’t see how you could be paid for your work, but at least if the buyer is banned they can’t do that to someone else here and they’ll get the message that they can’t get away with this stuff if it’s public. Don’t contact the user publicly (on social media) because that is against the rules and would also breach confidentiality. Plus, you don’t know if the client posting these is even aware of the plagiarism/theft as it may have been a contractor or someone else.

Good for you for noticing this happened. I’m so sorry. Please do report it and include all of the evidence. There needs to be a record of this buyer’s behavior.

Thank You Very much,

This Does Clear things up. I will Report the Buyer and Update this Thread on What Action is Taken.

Unfortunately, I may Be Demoted On my Next Evaluation because my Order Completion Rate Will Reduce below 90%

Thank You Very much,

This Does Clear things up. I will Report the Buyer and Update this Thread on What Action is Taken.

Unfortunately, I may Be Demoted On my Next Evaluation because my Order Completion Rate Will Reduce below 90%

You’re very welcome. I’m not sure I understand what your report has to do with your demotion as the buyer didn’t complete the order or pay you anyway?

I Design Facebook Posts. In This Certain Order, I Delivered the Files to a Buyer and He Says he Doesn’t Like the Work.

I Humbly Agreed and Redid the Posts the Way the Buyer Requested. This Morning I see the Buyer Requesting for a Cancellation, The Stated Reason Being “The Work is not what I was expecting and Not Up to Standard.”

I Do not Mind Accepting the Request, BUT the Buyer has Already used some of the Posts on his Facebook Page.

I think Most Sellers May Have Experienced situations Similar or even Worse!, I have Experienced things like this Before too. What do you Suggest I do? Do you have any Suggestions to Prevent things like this?

You are not under any obligation to accept this cancellation request. Neither should you. Your buyer likely is a reseller and some resellers who do this see that they can get work easily free of charge, then order again from different accounts. In this case, cancelling now could lead to more orders like this in future. (And you know your buyer likes your work.)

If I were you, I would reject this request, with a message saying something like:

Hi,

I’m very sorry but I can not agree to cancel this order. The material I produced for you is already being used on Facebook. Without completing this order, this is a breach of Fiverr TOS, and wider copyright laws like the EU Copyright Directive, which platforms like Facebook are bound by.

This being the case, please note that I am now passing this matter on to Fiverr Customer Service. Also, please note that in the event that this order is cancelled, I will be exercising my right to have work which I have not been remunerated for removed from Facebook. To date, I have a 100% success rate in this regard.

Then contact Fiverr Customer Service with proof that your work is already being used on FB. Inform them that under no circumstances do you agree to cancel this order.

In most cases, sending a message like this will scare buyers like this into withdrawing disputes. If the buyer does end up canceling via CS or via a chargeback, you should then notify Fiverr of your intention to contact Facebook and have your work removed. There is no TOS issue, as you are not contacting a buyer, you are contacting Facebook to report a copyright violation. However, it would be wise to inform CS of your intentions.

The only downside, of course, is that your buyer may leave a 1-star review and call you lots of nasty names. However, you have 190 5-star reviews and are clearly good at what you do. In this case, you should be able to take the hit.

You’re very welcome. I’m not sure I understand what your report has to do with your demotion as the buyer didn’t complete the order or pay you anyway?

I Was Meaning, In Case the Order Is Canceled My Completion Rate would drop Below 90%.

I have Rejected the Request to Cancel and Submitted a Ticket to Fiverr Customer Service, Lets see How it goes, I will Update this Thread.

Thanks Again 🙂

You are not under any obligation to accept this cancellation request. Neither should you. Your buyer likely is a reseller and some resellers who do this see that they can get work easily free of charge, then order again from different accounts. In this case, cancelling now could lead to more orders like this in future. (And you know your buyer likes your work.)

If I were you, I would reject this request, with a message saying something like:

Hi,

I’m very sorry but I can not agree to cancel this order. The material I produced for you is already being used on Facebook. Without completing this order, this is a breach of Fiverr TOS, and wider copyright laws like the EU Copyright Directive, which platforms like Facebook are bound by.

This being the case, please note that I am now passing this matter on to Fiverr Customer Service. Also, please note that in the event that this order is cancelled, I will be exercising my right to have work which I have not been remunerated for removed from Facebook. To date, I have a 100% success rate in this regard.

Then contact Fiverr Customer Service with proof that your work is already being used on FB. Inform them that under no circumstances do you agree to cancel this order.

In most cases, sending a message like this will scare buyers like this into withdrawing disputes. If the buyer does end up canceling via CS or via a chargeback, you should then notify Fiverr of your intention to contact Facebook and have your work removed. There is no TOS issue, as you are not contacting a buyer, you are contacting Facebook to report a copyright violation. However, it would be wise to inform CS of your intentions.

The only downside, of course, is that your buyer may leave a 1-star review and call you lots of nasty names. However, you have 190 5-star reviews and are clearly good at what you do. In this case, you should be able to take the hit.

Thank you,

Yes I understand. The Best Way to Prevent this (For all Sellers on Fiverr) is to Reject the Request and Report this Issue to Fiverr Customer Support.

Thanks, I Used the Message you Wrote above. I will Update this Thread on What Happens to this Issue.

I Was Meaning, In Case the Order Is Canceled My Completion Rate would drop Below 90%.

I have Rejected the Request to Cancel and Submitted a Ticket to Fiverr Customer Service, Lets see How it goes, I will Update this Thread.

Thanks Again 🙂

But it was cancelled. How else would the client get the work for free, unless you had a chargeback from the payment provider?

In any case, it would have been cancelled either way. Your reporting the incident doesn’t affect that or get your money back.

Thank you,

Yes I understand. The Best Way to Prevent this (For all Sellers on Fiverr) is to Reject the Request and Report this Issue to Fiverr Customer Support.

Thanks, I Used the Message you Wrote above. I will Update this Thread on What Happens to this Issue.

In future, you may also want to make sure that the watermark feature is enabled on your deliveries. When that is the case (I think) buyers should not be able to download delivered images without a big Fiverr logo on them.

No, I think you have Misunderstood. It is not Cancelled yet. He Had only sent the Request, Which I Rejected.

I Said:

I Do not Mind Accepting the Request

I meant that It was an Attempt to get work for Free.

In future, you may also want to make sure that the watermark feature is enabled on your deliveries. When that is the case (I think) buyers should not be able to download delivered images without a big Fiverr logo on them.

I have It Activated. But Since I send a Large Quantity of Files(30 to 150 Sometimes) I Either Send a Zipped file or a Onedrive/Dropbox Link.

I have It Activated. But Since I send a Large Quantity of Files(30 to 150 Sometimes) I Either Send a Zipped file or a Onedrive/Dropbox Link.

Ah, that’s a tricky one then. I’m not sure, but I think Fiverr recently increased the number of attachments which sellers can upload to deliveries. Alternatively, you could attach your own watermark to files and send complete files via a message, before sending an actual delivery.

Of course, there are potential problems doing things that way too… :thinking:

Either way, good luck!

Archived