My Response Time is increasing.. What can I do?

mahfuzsaim9

You can use the mobile app and keep your phone near you. Keep the notification sound “ON”. So when it rings you can wake up to reply.

I am a light sleeper so most of the time the notification sound wakes me up when I sleep.

Since they calculate average response time, try to reply as early as you can during day time. If you are later sometimes during night time, it won’t affect the response time much.

You can use the mobile app and keep your phone near you. Keep the notification sound “ON”. So when it rings you can wake up to reply.

I am a light sleeper so most of the time the notification sound wakes me up when I sleep.

Since they calculate average response time, try to reply as early as you can during day time. If you are later sometimes during night time, it won’t affect the response time much.

Keep the notification sound “ON”. So when it rings you can wake up to reply.

Hmm I’m sorry but I really do think this is unhealthy advice. We all deserve (and need) time to recuperate and there shouldn’t be expectations for freelancers to be woken up in the middle of the night to respond to queries! - It just creates an unhealthy working culture, and in my opinion isn’t necessary. Buyers can wait a few hours, and generally speaking I think people are pretty happy if they get a response in the same day.

Totally agree with your advice about responding as early as you can during day time though. It helps to balance out against the times you can’t reply (e.g. when asleep!).

A 1-hour average response time is nice to have, but clearly isn’t essential. There are plenty of people in my category (Producers & Composers) who come up top on ‘best selling’ but don’t necessarily have a 1 hour response rate. 2-6 hours is pretty common, some even have longer and clearly still get a lot of business.

Keep the notification sound “ON”. So when it rings you can wake up to reply.

Hmm I’m sorry but I really do think this is unhealthy advice. We all deserve (and need) time to recuperate and there shouldn’t be expectations for freelancers to be woken up in the middle of the night to respond to queries! - It just creates an unhealthy working culture, and in my opinion isn’t necessary. Buyers can wait a few hours, and generally speaking I think people are pretty happy if they get a response in the same day.

Totally agree with your advice about responding as early as you can during day time though. It helps to balance out against the times you can’t reply (e.g. when asleep!).

A 1-hour average response time is nice to have, but clearly isn’t essential. There are plenty of people in my category (Producers & Composers) who come up top on ‘best selling’ but don’t necessarily have a 1 hour response rate. 2-6 hours is pretty common, some even have longer and clearly still get a lot of business.

Sorry about it! 🙏

When I was just joined Fiverr my average response time went to 7 hours. So I used that technique to make it in 1 hour. Of course, it’s an unhealthy habit and I won’t say it didn’t affect my health. But I can wake up late and take naps other time of the day so it wasn’t really bad for me and it doesn’t mean that it won’t be same for others.

Thanks for explaining it. I will be careful in the future.

Don’t worry about it;this would be fluctuate so what you need to just reply quickly to your buyer as much as possible. Although, when you are going to reply them on exact time eventually it will be decrease up to one hour.
Hurrah you achieve your previous position.Please, reply them in a hurry .I hope you got my point and your confusion would be vanished.
Thanks
Sha_Innovator

There is nothing wrong with having a 2 hour (or more) response time. That doesn’t affect you in any way. It can be up to 24 hours before you’re considered late. My response time is an average of 6 to 8 hours all the time, and it never hurt me at all.

Of course you should not make yourself wake up every time someone on Fiverr messages you. That compromises your health! Just answer when you are available during your business hours.

Archived