Fraud just happened with me!

thelvm

Fraud is getting something by deceiving people and that didn’t happen.

I do consider it deceptive to cancel an order and then use what you got anyway without paying for it. But the OP was begging to be taken advantage of. I still don’t know why he didn’t use the deliver button.

I do consider it deceptive to cancel an order and then use what you got anyway without paying for it.

Again, that’s not the definition of fraud, sorry.

But the OP was begging to be taken advantage of.

This is exactly what happened.

I still don’t know why he didn’t use the deliver button

Level 1 and 95 reviews. The only one to answer that question is the OP.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, you should contact CS as soon as possible with the YouTube proof. I think they will help you.

No @devekawsar, CS won’t help in any way.

This is something @thelvm has to solve by its own with YouTube if he/she wants to.

This is something @thelvm has to solve by its own with YouTube if he/she wants to.

I agree. Since he didn’t deliver it via the deliver button but through the message, officially, it’s not a part of the order. Fiverr doesn’t have a reason to step in when sellers willingly send something through messages.

I mean… does it even matter what it is called? Irrespective of whether you call it fraud or something else, the OP’s experience is not going to change, and, in my opinion, both the OP and the buyer (unethical?) are at fault… but mostly the OP.

The OP is mainly at fault for not using the delivery button to deliver the order. It is not unnatural to make mistakes every once in a while. It’s but human to err. So, that’s okay.

But, the sad part is that the OP didn’t even realize the blunder they had committed until the buyer realized what had happened and canceled the order through the resolution center (the buyer has every right to do that, technically speaking, since they didn’t get the files delivered through the proper channel). But, was it ethical? Probably not. But can you really blame the buyer, though?

While there’s no doubt that it was unethical for the buyer to steal from the OP, there’s only so much you can blame them for stealing as it was the OP’s carelessness which led to it in the first place. If you are careless with where you place your valuables (even if it’s probably an honest mistake), there’s no one to blame but yourself. 😿

Then, the OP claims that the buyer, after having already canceled the order via the resolution center, also did a CB on the order. I don’t think this happened because the buyer had no reason to CB because they would’ve already gotten a refund from Fiverr for having canceled the order. So a CB makes no sense whatsoever. Right? :thinking:

I mean… does it even matter what it is called? Irrespective of whether you call it fraud or something else, the OP’s experience is not going to change, and, in my opinion, both the OP and the buyer (unethical?) are at fault… but mostly the OP.

The OP is mainly at fault for not using the delivery button to deliver the order. It is not unnatural to make mistakes every once in a while. It’s but human to err. So, that’s okay.

But, the sad part is that the OP didn’t even realize the blunder they had committed until the buyer realized what had happened and canceled the order through the resolution center (the buyer has every right to do that, technically speaking, since they didn’t get the files delivered through the proper channel). But, was it ethical? Probably not. But can you really blame the buyer, though?

While there’s no doubt that it was unethical for the buyer to steal from the OP, there’s only so much you can blame them for stealing as it was the OP’s carelessness which led to it in the first place. If you are careless with where you place your valuables (even if it’s probably an honest mistake), there’s no one to blame but yourself. 😿

Then, the OP claims that the buyer, after having already canceled the order via the resolution center, also did a CB on the order. I don’t think this happened because the buyer had no reason to CB because they would’ve already gotten a refund from Fiverr for having canceled the order. So a CB makes no sense whatsoever. Right? :thinking:

Okay I agree it’s totally my mistake but I feel cheated here because he is still using my work is there anything I can do about this or not ?

Okay I agree it’s totally my mistake but I feel cheated here because he is still using my work is there anything I can do about this or not ?

is there anything I can do about this or not ?

I believe you already have the answer to that question:

Since he didn’t deliver it via the deliver button but through the message, officially, it’s not a part of the order. Fiverr doesn’t have a reason to step in when sellers willingly send something through messages.

is there anything I can do about this or not ?

I believe you already have the answer to that question:

Since he didn’t deliver it via the deliver button but through the message, officially, it’s not a part of the order. Fiverr doesn’t have a reason to step in when sellers willingly send something through messages.

if i go to the cs will they help in this case what do you think ?

I agree. Since he didn’t deliver it via the deliver button but through the message, officially, it’s not a part of the order. Fiverr doesn’t have a reason to step in when sellers willingly send something through messages.

Come on… Why do you keep asking questions to which you have already been given an answer? :thinking:

Did you even read what I had quoted in my previous reply?

Did you read this ⬇️ part?

Fiverr doesn’t have a reason to step in when sellers willingly send something through messages.

My answer: Unfortunately, I don’t think CS will be able to help you. You will have to contact YouTube and somehow convince them to remove the video. That’s the only thing, I think, you can do right now.

Just learn from this experience, and try to be more vigilant in the future.

if i go to the cs will they help in this case what do you think ?

Why are you keep asking the same question?

Just do whatever you can to recover your work. And you already got all your answers.

But to sum up:

1. even if fiverr support might not help still contact them anyway and maybe they will be nice enough to send an email to your buyer to remove the video.
  2. Contact YouTube for copyright infringement with al proofs.

Many of you are here to help i know but most of the time you end up criticizing the person who did the mistake I am just a human yes I do have 95 reviews, and I am a level 1 seller but mistakes do happen. Huge thanks to customer support for removing the negative feedback i asked them properly, and they helped me! Not only that but my team is also working on getting the video removed from YouTube, it’s a win-win situation for me.

Many of you are here to help i know but most of the time you end up criticizing the person who did the mistake I am just a human yes I do have 95 reviews, and I am a level 1 seller but mistakes do happen. Huge thanks to customer support for removing the negative feedback i asked them properly, and they helped me! Not only that but my team is also working on getting the video removed from YouTube, it’s a win-win situation for me.

very happy

For your victory 👍

Great job congratulations

Archived