My story: How I made my first $100,000 on Fiverr

declanmaltman1

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think a really interesting and important thing to note is that with 180 orders, you received 160 five-star reviews. It shows a really really high level of quality and for high ticket items like you offer its especially impressive.
My key takeaway from this post is that if you are great at what you do then Fiverr has buyers for you and you can be successful - even regardless of level.
Congrats Declan, great milestone!

I think a really interesting and important thing to note is that with 180 orders, you received 160 five-star reviews. It shows a really really high level of quality and for high ticket items like you offer its especially impressive.

My key takeaway from this post is that if you are great at what you do then Fiverr has buyers for you and you can be successful - even regardless of level.

Congrats Declan, great milestone!

Thanks man! You’ve given me some great advice along the way.

Today I reached the 6 figure mark on Fiverr. I want to tell my story to you guys and share some tips on how I achieved it. I’ll try my best to keep it short and sweet.

I first started selling on Fiverr in March 2017. I was a night porter at a hotel so I had plenty of spare time while working to build a side-hustle. I remember getting my first order and how badly I undersold myself. I worked for weeks on this project and only made $300 but thanks to that first order and the great review it gave me, more jobs started flowing in.

After a consistent flow of orders, I made the huge decision to leave my job in October 2017, only 7 months into selling on Fiverr. Probably not the smartest move I made because in the months after leaving my work I had cancellations, then the beginning of 2018 went really dry. Having no job and 100% relying on Fiverr to support my family made me work overtime and build my profile back. Everything paid off in the end and I made $63,000 that year. In my previous job, I was making around £12,000 a year (around $15,000).

My advice for people thinking about leaving their 9-5s is to have enough money saved up for those quiet periods because they do happen. If I didn’t leave my job, I don’t think I would have had the drive to make my gig as successful as it has been. Sometimes the biggest risk in life is to not take any risks IMO.

Another decision I made which I feel helped a lot was when I stopped underselling myself. I am probably the most expensive gig in my niche (apart from the pros). I maxed my prices because I felt the service I offer is worth more than the $995 limit Fiverr gives me. Then since doing so, I get a ton of orders, if not more than what I did when my prices were low.

• List item If you’re new to Fiverr, it’s ok to undersell yourself to get those first orders in and build your great reviews.

• List item Always overdeliver on your gigs. I always throw in a ton of extras the customer wasn’t expecting when delivering my gigs. Things not mentioned in my description. This gives your client a great experience with you and they’ll leave a great review and probably refer you to friends.

• List item Update your clients on a daily bases. I have gigs that go on for over a week, but I always make sure to keep them in the loop by updating them every day on how the project is coming along.

• List item Don’t be too formal. I find it’s better to get to know your client and try and build a rapport with them. Find things you have in common and connect with them on a personal level. Always be yourself.

• List item Always be honest. If you feel you can’t complete a job to your customer’s standards than don’t take the job on. Explain that it’s above your skillset and recommend another Seller who’s more suited. I had a client who came to me wanting this fantastic store created to look like their competitors. It required a ton of coding which I’m not great with. So, I explained that the work is above my skill set and it would require hiring a developer. I recommend a Fiverr seller who is a great dev and also a friend of mine. She was very happy with my honesty, she ended up with an amazing store and she came back to me for all the design work she needed.

• List item Never come across as desperate for the sale. Play it cool. I’ve noticed on quiet periods when I’m actively trying to make a sale, it never happens. But, when I have loads of work on, everyone wants my services. So now when people reach out to me I just chat away to them. Get to know them, have a laugh, stand out and make their experience with you a fun one. The more time they invest in speaking with you, you more chance you’ll have of making the sale.

Fiverr has given me the freedom to work from home and the opportunity to make more money than I ever would have been able to. This platform has its ups and downs but as long as you read over the ToS carefully and abide by them you’ll be just fine. I’m forever grateful for everything Fiverr has done for me.

Finally, I’m going to sharing my sales with you. Hopefully, this will motivate others to go that extra mile for their clients and become free from your 9-5.

This is really awesome… Keep it up…

Good to know about your success story and wish you good luck for your next target.

Do not you think over delivering is also like underselling?

I think that even when you’re going to raise your prices (instead of “underselling” as you call it), you still have to give more. It’s a will to say: “I care about your success and the work that I do for you. I spent time on it despite the price or the word count or whatever.”

Clients love it, and honestly I love working like that.

It gives the work purpose.

I think that even when you’re going to raise your prices (instead of “underselling” as you call it), you still have to give more. It’s a will to say: “I care about your success and the work that I do for you. I spent time on it despite the price or the word count or whatever.”

Clients love it, and honestly I love working like that.

It gives the work purpose.

you still have to give more

I do not think so. 🙂

Good to know about your success story and wish you good luck for your next target.

I think it’s important to deliver a gig above the expectations of the buyer. If you take a read through my reviews you’ll see how happy my clients are compared to other sellers in my niche. It’s those great reviews that allow me to have my high prices.

I think it’s important to deliver a gig above the expectations of the buyer. If you take a read through my reviews you’ll see how happy my clients are compared to other sellers in my niche. It’s those great reviews that allow me to have my high prices.

If you take a read through my reviews you’ll see how happy my clients are compared to other sellers in my niche.

This.

When I started exceeding the expectations of my clients, I started getting reviews describing my service as “phenomenal”, which is humbling to say the least. I love it, and I wouldn’t give it up for anything else.

However, I understand why someone wouldn’t want to give more, it makes sense. As a writer, writing 300 words more doesn’t cost me much in terms of efficiency. It might differ for other niches.

Today I reached the 6 figure mark on Fiverr. I want to tell my story to you guys and share some tips on how I achieved it. I’ll try my best to keep it short and sweet.

I first started selling on Fiverr in March 2017. I was a night porter at a hotel so I had plenty of spare time while working to build a side-hustle. I remember getting my first order and how badly I undersold myself. I worked for weeks on this project and only made $300 but thanks to that first order and the great review it gave me, more jobs started flowing in.

After a consistent flow of orders, I made the huge decision to leave my job in October 2017, only 7 months into selling on Fiverr. Probably not the smartest move I made because in the months after leaving my work I had cancellations, then the beginning of 2018 went really dry. Having no job and 100% relying on Fiverr to support my family made me work overtime and build my profile back. Everything paid off in the end and I made $63,000 that year. In my previous job, I was making around £12,000 a year (around $15,000).

My advice for people thinking about leaving their 9-5s is to have enough money saved up for those quiet periods because they do happen. If I didn’t leave my job, I don’t think I would have had the drive to make my gig as successful as it has been. Sometimes the biggest risk in life is to not take any risks IMO.

Another decision I made which I feel helped a lot was when I stopped underselling myself. I am probably the most expensive gig in my niche (apart from the pros). I maxed my prices because I felt the service I offer is worth more than the $995 limit Fiverr gives me. Then since doing so, I get a ton of orders, if not more than what I did when my prices were low.

• List item If you’re new to Fiverr, it’s ok to undersell yourself to get those first orders in and build your great reviews.

• List item Always overdeliver on your gigs. I always throw in a ton of extras the customer wasn’t expecting when delivering my gigs. Things not mentioned in my description. This gives your client a great experience with you and they’ll leave a great review and probably refer you to friends.

• List item Update your clients on a daily bases. I have gigs that go on for over a week, but I always make sure to keep them in the loop by updating them every day on how the project is coming along.

• List item Don’t be too formal. I find it’s better to get to know your client and try and build a rapport with them. Find things you have in common and connect with them on a personal level. Always be yourself.

• List item Always be honest. If you feel you can’t complete a job to your customer’s standards than don’t take the job on. Explain that it’s above your skillset and recommend another Seller who’s more suited. I had a client who came to me wanting this fantastic store created to look like their competitors. It required a ton of coding which I’m not great with. So, I explained that the work is above my skill set and it would require hiring a developer. I recommend a Fiverr seller who is a great dev and also a friend of mine. She was very happy with my honesty, she ended up with an amazing store and she came back to me for all the design work she needed.

• List item Never come across as desperate for the sale. Play it cool. I’ve noticed on quiet periods when I’m actively trying to make a sale, it never happens. But, when I have loads of work on, everyone wants my services. So now when people reach out to me I just chat away to them. Get to know them, have a laugh, stand out and make their experience with you a fun one. The more time they invest in speaking with you, you more chance you’ll have of making the sale.

Fiverr has given me the freedom to work from home and the opportunity to make more money than I ever would have been able to. This platform has its ups and downs but as long as you read over the ToS carefully and abide by them you’ll be just fine. I’m forever grateful for everything Fiverr has done for me.

Finally, I’m going to sharing my sales with you. Hopefully, this will motivate others to go that extra mile for their clients and become free from your 9-5.

you said

I remember getting my first order and how badly I undersold myself. I worked for weeks on this project and only made $300

this is why the question raised that delivering what was not included in the agreement seems as buyers will/can expect to get EXTRA work free of cost.

If I over deliver to make them happy or to get some positive words is like that was not good what have done for the client. I should focus on to make the client happy with the actual work which is included in the agreement.

you said

I remember getting my first order and how badly I undersold myself. I worked for weeks on this project and only made $300

this is why the question raised that delivering what was not included in the agreement seems as buyers will/can expect to get EXTRA work free of cost.

If I over deliver to make them happy or to get some positive words is like that was not good what have done for the client. I should focus on to make the client happy with the actual work which is included in the agreement.

I should focus on to make the client happy with the actual work which is included in the agreement.

I think you should deliver the actual work included in the agreement above their expectations as well. When you go that extra mile and do things they weren’t expecting, you’ll have an extremely happy client, they’ll leave an outstanding review and you may get referrals from them. I think that’s all worth the extra 15-30min you put in. Obviously depends on what service you offer though.

you said

I should focus on to make the client happy with the actual work which is included in the agreement.

You do have a point though.

Interesting view, noted!

wowww…Greatest story on the forum today I guess.
Well I also opted for fiverr because this is something that reaaaally works to make you quit your 9 to 5 job easily. Ive just started and got my 1st order with in a week and the interesting part, the order was way more different than what I actually offered but it went so good you can even check the review of the guy. Fiverr is legend for me.
Although I m still not even on the 1st 5 pages of the niche BUT still got my order and getting lots of buyer request. Dot worry If you are not on the 1st page…as per my experience, that never effects if your service and 1st order goes boom.
Me and my husband has a target goal on fiverr so he can quit his job too and work full time on fiverr.

I’ll make sure to add it to my profile. I’m not really forum savvy, as you can probably tell lol.

I’ll make sure to add it to my profile. I’m not really forum savvy, as you can probably tell lol.

Well, you wrote an amazing thread with a great headline. I’ll be using it the next time someone speaks crap about Fiverr.

Archived