I'm new To Fiverr, got my first gig, but

pbankxvo

Hi Everyone

I’m new to Fiverr and got my first gig as a voice over. I have delivered the piece as planned within the time specified as requested by the buyer. However, they have asked for some modifications to the piece but have neglected to tell me what the changes are. I have now been flagged as late.

What happens now? I have contacted the buyer to no avail regarding the changes but I don’t want to spam them and obviously I have lost money on this gig.

The project is still listed as ‘in revision’ so it’s still open. So my question is, what happens now? Do I still keep trying to contact the buyer for these revisions and hope they don’t cancel the gig or wait?

I appreciate your feed back on this. Thanks in advance.

Paul

Hello,

First of all, I’m sorry this happened to you.
(I’m getting the feeling that this person just decided to grab your work and run off with it…)

You can try messaging the person but like you mentioned the order has been marked
as late already, so maybe asking CS to cancel it for you is the best solution.

I hope your next buyer is a much better person!

Hi zeus777

Thanks for your quick reply. That’s the feeling I’m getting to be honest, that they’ve grabbed and run. I’ll contact CS to see what they can do about it.

I don’t want an unreliable rating after my first customer, especially since its not my fault.

Thanks again

Paul

Hi Everyone

I’m new to Fiverr and got my first gig as a voice over. I have delivered the piece as planned within the time specified as requested by the buyer. However, they have asked for some modifications to the piece but have neglected to tell me what the changes are. I have now been flagged as late.

What happens now? I have contacted the buyer to no avail regarding the changes but I don’t want to spam them and obviously I have lost money on this gig.

The project is still listed as ‘in revision’ so it’s still open. So my question is, what happens now? Do I still keep trying to contact the buyer for these revisions and hope they don’t cancel the gig or wait?

I appreciate your feed back on this. Thanks in advance.

Paul

I have delivered the piece as planned within the time specified as requested by the buyer.

Did you deliver by clicking the delivery button, uploading a file and sending it that way? If so, do not worry about the order timer showing your order as late. If this order is marked as complete, it will not affect your ratings.

Conversely, if you cancel, this will have a negative effect on your ratings. (And a far worse one.) Also, if this person is a scammer and trying to get work FOC, cancelling is the worst thing you can do. They will see you are a pushover and create a new account to order from you again, safe in the knowledge that they can pull the same stunt over.

If I were you, I would redeliver your file with a message stating that since no actual revisions were requested, you have no other option.

If they reply with a request to cancel or a similar vague revision request, I’d also add a message reminding the buyer until an order is agreed upon as complete, your work is copyright protected. This being the case, use in any way will result in takedown requests and complaints filed with the EU & UK Information Commissioners Office.

In the meantime, try to find out if your buyer is using your work anywhere. This way you can take action should they try to pull a fast one.

Once you redeliver, your order will be automatically marked as complete within 3-days if your buyer does not request further revisions.

I’m sorry this happened to you. However, scammers do tend to pick on new sellers. It is, therefore, important to put your foot down early. Good luck!

P.S. Great VO gig by the way!

I have delivered the piece as planned within the time specified as requested by the buyer.

Did you deliver by clicking the delivery button, uploading a file and sending it that way? If so, do not worry about the order timer showing your order as late. If this order is marked as complete, it will not affect your ratings.

Conversely, if you cancel, this will have a negative effect on your ratings. (And a far worse one.) Also, if this person is a scammer and trying to get work FOC, cancelling is the worst thing you can do. They will see you are a pushover and create a new account to order from you again, safe in the knowledge that they can pull the same stunt over.

If I were you, I would redeliver your file with a message stating that since no actual revisions were requested, you have no other option.

If they reply with a request to cancel or a similar vague revision request, I’d also add a message reminding the buyer until an order is agreed upon as complete, your work is copyright protected. This being the case, use in any way will result in takedown requests and complaints filed with the EU & UK Information Commissioners Office.

In the meantime, try to find out if your buyer is using your work anywhere. This way you can take action should they try to pull a fast one.

Once you redeliver, your order will be automatically marked as complete within 3-days if your buyer does not request further revisions.

I’m sorry this happened to you. However, scammers do tend to pick on new sellers. It is, therefore, important to put your foot down early. Good luck!

P.S. Great VO gig by the way!

Hi cyaxrex

Thanks for the information, it was very useful. I did deliver the VO by using the delivery button so that’s good to know that my rating won’t be affected.

I have been through it before when I was working solo but I wasn’t sure what the procedure was on Fiverr. I’ll resend the work and see where it goers from there.

Once again, thanks for the tips and I appreciate your feed back.

Cheers

Paul

Archived