How Much Would YOU Charge?

wcman1976

Now I know everyone comes here for Fiverr to get a service much cheaper than you could get it anywhere else, but at the same time we don’t want to get “taken.” So here is my question.

A buyer came to me with an outline for a feature-length screenplay. My gig promises 3 pages for $5. (The reason I go by page count instead of word count is because screenplays are formatted differently. A page of a screenplay doesn’t have nearly as many words as a page of a novel.)

An average feature-length screenplay is 90-120 pages. So if you multiply 3 pages by 30, then by $5, that’s $150. But then I thought about it: some screenwriters charge THOUSANDS of dollars for screenplays. This is only made worse by the fact that he wants me to ghostwrite it and therefore give up all rights, get nothing if it hits big, etc.

So my study question for the elders around here: what would YOU charge?

Reply to @kjblynx: I wrote out a pretty decent outline, which I ran by him and he liked. I know from this outline that the story would write itself. In other words I wouldn’t wind up investing a lot of hours into it. However, I still don’t want to be taken by virtue of the fact that I am ghostwriting and won’t get paid a penny beyond the script itself. Hopefully it won’t be a big hi. LOL

Archived