Fraudulent Buyer / Did you know?

tressy4ever

Hello! I am on fiverr, since a year and a half and all this while, I’ve really had a good experience and always thought this is one of the safest platforms to work on. Last month I had 6 voice over projects, all of the same kind and my buyer really liked my work. He gave me 5-star review comments on 2. It was very clear he was satisfied with my work, for he didn’t revert for any revisions. The project was completed and after 10 days, I receive a notification that my projects were canceled and that the funds were returned to the buyer. The buyer gets to keep my work, without paying me. I wrote the CS on fiverr, who settled back my ratings and informed me that the buyer opened a chargeback dispute.

Very very disheartened at this. This experience of mine came in as a shock for me, for I always thought, once the order is complete, rest assured, you’d be paid. I guess I was wrong…

If you type “chargeback” in the search bar above there are several posts on the subject which may be of interest to you.

Enjoy the forum. 🙂

Yes, I did check. But honestly, I never checked the forum for \chargeback, until I was conned. I always thought once the order is complete, the reward was mine.

Yes, I did check. But honestly, I never checked the forum for \chargeback, until I was conned. I always thought once the order is complete, the reward was mine.

I always thought once the order is complete, the reward was mine.

I am terribly sorry that you had to experience a CB. Unfortunately, there’s not much sellers (or Fiverr for that matter) can do when that happens. However, I would suggest that you kindly but firmly ask Fiverr for a refund of the money that you lost in the CB. I have heard of some sellers receiving a partial if not full refund of the amount that was charged back. However, the outcome varies as each case/situation is assessed on a case by case basis.

lowering the ratings

Firstly, low ratings have nothing to do with charge backs. Secondly, a low rating once in a while might be acceptable as you cannot satisfy ALL your customers. If, however, you are consistently receiving sub-par ratings, maybe your buyers were expecting a much better quality service/product from you or are not content with the quality of service/product that you are offering. You need to work toward improving the quality of what you offer. But this is an entirely different topic. This is not what is being discussed here. 🙂

I always thought once the order is complete, the reward was mine.

I am terribly sorry that you had to experience a CB. Unfortunately, there’s not much sellers (or Fiverr for that matter) can do when that happens. However, I would suggest that you kindly but firmly ask Fiverr for a refund of the money that you lost in the CB. I have heard of some sellers receiving a partial if not full refund of the amount that was charged back. However, the outcome varies as each case/situation is assessed on a case by case basis.

lowering the ratings

Firstly, low ratings have nothing to do with charge backs. Secondly, a low rating once in a while might be acceptable as you cannot satisfy ALL your customers. If, however, you are consistently receiving sub-par ratings, maybe your buyers were expecting a much better quality service/product from you or are not content with the quality of service/product that you are offering. You need to work toward improving the quality of what you offer. But this is an entirely different topic. This is not what is being discussed here. 🙂

Firstly, low ratings have nothing to do with charge backs.

Hi…Did I say ratings? Actually, I meant Order completion rate and others. This client gave me a 5 star rating on the first 2 orders out of 5. He never used the revisions, so it was obvious, my work was satisfactory.

I have yet to hear from the CS about the refund, but I really hope.

This loophole is definitely discouraging for me as a new seller. You give 100% and stiill you are not getting your due reward. Thanks for sharing! Will be cautious in this.

I just hope fiverr or the banks remove this chargeback option, as there are always a few who could misuse.

Archived