How long to get back to 5.0 rating?

ronhi85

A couple of months ago, I went on vacation and forgot to activate the vacation mode. While I was away, I got an order which expired and was subsequently canceled resulting in a 1-star review. Up until then, I had consistently received 5-star reviews except for one client who had given me a 4.9 (and then proceeded to give me an awesome review and promised to come back for more orders 😕). That 1-star review made my overall rating drop from 5.0 to 4.9.

image.png.f1dd51db77dd9dfbee8433108c2fb700.png

Since then, I have completed tens of orders with a 5-star rating but my overall rating is still stuck at 4.9. So my question is, how many more 5-star reviews will I need to get to do away with the 4.9? Is there a formula for calculating this?

Thanks in advance

• Like 7

Say you have completed eleven orders, Ten with five star and one with 2 star review. The calculation should be (5x10)+2=52 and 52/11=4.7.

Please correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks! Let me use the formula to see how many more I need.

• Like 1

I think it’s calculated over the course of 60 days. It should bounce back if you maintain a 5 star rating for 60 straight days.

I think it’s calculated over the course of 60 days. It should bounce back if you maintain a 5 star rating for 60 straight days.

I don’t think so. Its been more than 100 days since I got the 1 star review

I think it’s calculated over the course of 60 days.

No, 60 days time window is just for level system.

OP’s concern is for overall profile ratings.

• Like 3

I don’t think so. Its been more than 100 days since I got the 1 star review

Its been more than 100 days since I got the 1 star review

I just checked your profile, and, indeed, it has been at least 150 days since you received the one-star review. I didn’t think that was even possible. It must be a bug. Because if it is a bug, there’s no point in using formulas/calculating anything. It’s not gonna help. I think you should contact CS.

Or could your profile be displaying your ALL-time rating and not just the rating you received in the last 60 days? IDK. In that case, as @mariasereti suggested, you will eventually get your 5.0 rating back as you receive more five-star reviews.

Good luck! 🍀

• Like 2

A couple of months ago, I went on vacation and forgot to activate the vacation mode. While I was away, I got an order which expired and was subsequently canceled resulting in a 1-star review. Up until then, I had consistently received 5-star reviews except for one client who had given me a 4.9 (and then proceeded to give me an awesome review and promised to come back for more orders 😕). That 1-star review made my overall rating drop from 5.0 to 4.9.

Since then, I have completed tens of orders with a 5-star rating but my overall rating is still stuck at 4.9. So my question is, how many more 5-star reviews will I need to get to do away with the 4.9? Is there a formula for calculating this?

Thanks in advance

It depends at what point over 4.9 Fiverr’s little calculator decides to round up to 5.0.

how many more 5-star reviews will I need

Without knowing exactly where it rounds up, it’s difficult to say.

By my reckoning, you’re on 4.957 or thereabouts for your overall rating (not the last 60 days). 😉

Or could your profile be displaying your ALL-time rating and not just the rating you received in the last 60 days?

Yes - that’s what’s shown on the main seller’s profile. 🙂

• Like 4

@smiler3d,

Just for the record, he has two 1* reviews (11 and 6 months ago). So,if he really does have only one 4.9 review, with these two 1* star reviews, the overall rating is not even close to 4.95 (4.915)

Right you are! I was going on 93 five stars and 1 one star as described in the original post - my mistake! 🙂

If that had been the case, a 4.9 would have been negligible.

• Like 2

Right you are! I was going on 93 five stars and 1 one star as described in the original post - my mistake! 🙂

If that had been the case, a 4.9 would have been negligible.

No, it wasn’t your mistake, OP didn’t tell the complete story… :roll_eyes:

• Like 3

@smiler3d,

Just for the record, he has two 1* reviews (11 and 6 months ago). So,if he really does have only one 4.9 review, with these two 1* star reviews, the overall rating is not even close to 4.95 (4.915)

You are right! Had even forgotten about the first 1 star review! so its two 1 stars plus one 4.9

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Say you have completed eleven orders, Ten with five star and one with 2 star review. The calculation should be (5x10)+2=52 and 52/11=4.7.

According to your formula … I got 4.93, my question is that if I surpass 4.95… Do i get back my 5 star rating? Appreciate your feedback 🙂