Live Backgrounds or even green screen editing in

ceceliavo

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess it all depends on what you’re going for. Single lights are used on larger setups. Again, because you are not expected to be anywhere near the screen itself… So you don’t cast shadows on it. One of the main reasons single light ‘Can’ be better is because it’s the same all around. (Like @dracosama said, beats the need to get the exact same 3 lights with the same temperature.).

@oldbittygandma - Ha ha ha. The strands of hair really do suck. I don’t know what level you’re at (But since you purchased a version of Vegas I’m sure you’re pretty pro since people generally don’t put money into a program unless they are good at using it!), or about Chromakeyer, (Never used it) but to help with hair strands you can apply another matte layer and apply it in the middle of your footage and key. Soften the edges and It really helps.

As for altering the backround and not keying… it can be done but you’re talking a lot of money to do it… a lot of effort and a production house. Your asking about removing backround on a video. I’ve seen a project that required moving a truck out of frame because of a logo. The scene lasted 7-8 seconds and cost in the area of 30 grand. All because the director didn’t pay attention to his rented back round. Not a good option. Could have been done cheaper I’m sure, but this was an insured production.

@dracosama - Awesome! Good to see fellow film tinkerers here!

BTW. I’ve been in the film industry about 6 years now. (More if you count the tinkering before entering). That’s how I make my living outside Fiverr. 90% of the time behind the camera since I’m kind of… well… ugly LOL. I mainly edit and do light effects. But I’ve directed 1 feature, a few shorts and 2 shows. Editing… the number is much… much greater. 🙂

PS: I’m not amazing in the industry or anything like that, I just make a living mainly editing. I’d post a link but it would get ‘Fraggled’ out. Ha ha.

I guess it all depends on what you’re going for. Single lights are used on larger setups. Again, because you are not expected to be anywhere near the screen itself… So you don’t cast shadows on it. One of the main reasons single light ‘Can’ be better is because it’s the same all around. (Like @dracosama said, beats the need to get the exact same 3 lights with the same temperature.).

@oldbittygandma - Ha ha ha. The strands of hair really do suck. I don’t know what level you’re at (But since you purchased a version of Vegas I’m sure you’re pretty pro since people generally don’t put money into a program unless they are good at using it!), or about Chromakeyer, (Never used it) but to help with hair strands you can apply another matte layer and apply it in the middle of your footage and key. Soften the edges and It really helps.

As for altering the backround and not keying… it can be done but you’re talking a lot of money to do it… a lot of effort and a production house. Your asking about removing backround on a video. I’ve seen a project that required moving a truck out of frame because of a logo. The scene lasted 7-8 seconds and cost in the area of 30 grand. All because the director didn’t pay attention to his rented back round. Not a good option. Could have been done cheaper I’m sure, but this was an insured production.

BTW. I’ve been in the film industry about 6 years now. (More if you count the tinkering before entering). That’s how I make my living outside Fiverr. 90% of the time behind the camera since I’m kind of… well… ugly LOL. I mainly edit and do light effects. But I’ve directed 1 feature, a few shorts and 2 shows. Editing… the number is much… much greater. 🙂

PS: I’m not amazing in the industry or anything like that, I just make a living mainly editing. I’d post a link but it would get ‘Fraggled’ out. Ha ha.

Reply to @oldbittygrandma: I’ve done it for a while… that doesn’t mean I’m good at it. LOL. But i’ve been there with people who are. The thing is about keying is that there’s not 1 wrong thing posted here. Everything from everyone is right. It’s all comes down to the situation or practicality. I’d love to hear from someone that has set up a permanent green screen, made a room or something. That person would probably have some amazing tips.

— Ahhh yes. The quest to better a computer based on video. It is indeed never ending.

Reply to @oldbittygrandma: I’ve done it for a while… that doesn’t mean I’m good at it. LOL. But i’ve been there with people who are. The thing is about keying is that there’s not 1 wrong thing posted here. Everything from everyone is right. It’s all comes down to the situation or practicality. I’d love to hear from someone that has set up a permanent green screen, made a room or something. That person would probably have some amazing tips.

— Ahhh yes. The quest to better a computer based on video. It is indeed never ending.

Archived