Cancelled Orders - How much is too much?

magisworks

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have about an 8% cancellation rate.

Which, frankly compared to other aspects of my business I would consider to be too low.

In platform selling and other kinds of online sales, I feel that if I don’t get at least a 20% refund rate, I’m not selling “hard enough”…didn’t do my best giving people inspiration and hope.

I don’t mind refunds because I consider it to be …you know… like trying on shoes, if it doesn’t fit, I WANT you to send it back.

Which, frankly compared to other aspects of my business I would consider to be too low.

In platform selling and other kinds of online sales, I feel that if I don’t get at least a 20% refund rate, I’m not selling “hard enough”…didn’t do my best giving people inspiration and hope.

I don’t mind refunds because I consider it to be …you know… like trying on shoes, if it doesn’t fit, I WANT you to send it back.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I hardly ever have to cancel and I usually go the extra mile to make the order work, and i always thought that compared to the number of orders completed, I have small cancellation percentage, but just yesterday I felt like it was a bulk cancelling, 3 orders at a time, one of them the buyer rejected my delivery and asked me to do all my gig extra for free and even went beyond, and was rude about it, so i asked him to keep the work, keep the money and cancel, and the other two seemed to be the same deal, they bought the gig, could not complete all the requirements and never answered any of my messages to as the time was almost finished and I had to cancel…

But it’s kinda freaking me out though, two days ago i had like 6 orders a day, and I go cancel those recent 3 orders and I’m left with 0 order today, not sure if the cancellation has something to do with it or is it just the weekend - I usually get less orders on weekends.

Been on since May and I probably have to cancel orders once or twice a week… this is usually due to buyer error… (I offer VO and people tend to not read my whole gig’s description). So far, still at 100% rating, though I had heard rumors after enough canceling, it can start to hurt…

• 4 months later...

I think fiverr make some criteria for order cancellation ratio.

If you’re all over order cancellation ratio is greater then 15% then fiverr show on seller or buyer profile and same thing happen in each separate gig you make.

How its effect?

Make negative impact on buyer if you are seller and opposite side with seller if you are buyer.

I had example of some seller profiles but i can’t share with you because of seller reputation.

• 1 month later...

I’m upset that Fiverr took away the cancellation ratio from seller’s profiles. When I asked why, Fiverr ignored me just like they always do when they don’t want to answer a question that is very important.

I WANT to see how many problems a seller has with their buyers, that’s a determining factor for me if I should trust them.

I get that some buyers are idiots, but so are many sellers who NOW cancel any order I place if they don’t like something.

Clearly Fiverr it making it MUCH easier for sellers to waste my time & cause me stress.

I’ve also noticed that the quality of sellers has decreased a lot since I first became a buyer. Now many of the sellers think they are gawd’s gift to the Universe & they control all the shots. It’s also clear that if you can just get any negative review removed, then WHAT’S THE POINT in the system being fair? IT’S NOT!

I never abuse anyone, if a seller isn’t clear in what they offer, that’s their issue, not mine. That’s why good communication & respect is paramount.

But this is a Fiverr issue, not a seller one.

Oh & they ALSO removed how many negative reviews a seller has. Clearly they don’t want buyer’s to know the truth about sellers, they ONLY care about making money.

ep2002 said: I'm upset that Fiverr took away the cancellation ratio from seller's profiles. When I asked why, Fiverr ignored me just like they always do when they don't want to answer a question that is very important.

I WANT to see how many problems a seller has with their buyers, that's a determining factor for me if I should trust them.

The vast majority of cancellations are down to the buyer. Why should a seller lose sales simply because the buyer was an idiot?

Reply to @ep2002: What @ryangillam said in reply to your comment is pretty on point. The vast majority of my cancellations are due to a buyer ordering by mistake somehow and then asking to cancel immediately after ordering or placing an order for services that have nothing to do with my gig or that I’ve clearly stated I don’t even do in my gig description (i.e., writing and formatting). For example, once, someone placed 4 separate orders within a 20-minute period instructing me to record a spokesperson video and explaining that they specifically wanted me to do it because they liked my red hair in my gig photo. Whaaaat??? That has zero to do with what I offer. Of course, those orders wound up being cancelled, but I’m the one left with the increase in my cancellation ratio.

Basically, the cancellation percentage isn’t nearly as straightforward as you’d think.

Archived