Why buyer do this?

pyonarts

I do line art in one of my gigs. A buyer contacted me saying they need an image done in line art had a sample image attached to it.
OTLE045161-03-01.jpg.44ffa4ed5ca2e941e5aa2a13d7f778c0.jpg

We agreed on a price and the buyer placed an order with a similar image attached below asking to make a line art of it.

small-automatic-car-economical-hyundai-i10-interior-view.jpg.1da9cb10dbdd44c773fe87f979401972.jpg

In which way these two image can have the same price scale? I had quite an upsetting day and now this? If I cancel this I will be affected. My gig status got affected because of using vacation mode a few days ago I still haven’t recovered.

I talked to the buyer, they are requesting me to finish it as soon as I can since they wish to make more orders and etc.

Can I even do anything without affecting my gig status?

It happened several times to me. I wish the seller had an option to accept an order or not even after placing requirements without affecting their gig status.

Your Gig description does not specify how to evaluate the complexity of a drawing in order to pricing it accordingly. Basically you say that you can draw everything, and since the published price is fixed some buyers can make, well, assumptions. You added also the “unlimited revisions until you’re satisfied” clause.

Your Gig description does not specify how to evaluate the complexity of a drawing in order to pricing it accordingly. Basically you say that you can draw everything, and since the published price is fixed some buyers can make, well, assumptions. You added also the “unlimited revisions until you’re satisfied” clause.

😥 But they contacted me to know If I can do it with that price with the sample image. I would have never agreed on that price if they showed me the second image first.

How to upload a price sheet or specify a price for how much I am doing for a specific price?

Taken from your gig description:

I will draw line art of:

1. Cars, Plane, Motorcycle, Bike, Gun

$10 Order Details

1 Day Delivery Unlimited Revisions

Basic

Line Art of diagram, sketch, product, image, instruction manual.

• 1 Image
  • High-Res Raster

PS: Bolding by me

Taken from your gig description:

I will draw line art of:

1. Cars, Plane, Motorcycle, Bike, Gun

$10 Order Details

1 Day Delivery Unlimited Revisions

Basic

Line Art of diagram, sketch, product, image, instruction manual.

• 1 Image
  • High-Res Raster

PS: Bolding by me

Mentioning that these are the things that I can do and capable of doing?! 😥

I would suggest you rewrite your gig description and add a paragraph about custom offers and put all those that you think belong there. For example:

Custom offers for (please message me to discuss your project):

• Cars
  • Plains

or whatever you want to put

the things that I can do and capable of doing?

Hold on a minute. You are not saying that you are capable of doing that: you are saying that you will do that.

I had a look to your competitors. Most of them (those who convert a photo, for those who design an object or a person the matter is different) don’t bother to specify the level of complexity, but some do: few details, more details, a lot of details.

@maitasun Okay, I will rewrite my description. Thank you for the suggestion.

@pacquo Words can be taken in so many ways! 😥 few details, more details, a lot of details still sounds vague but better than nothing I guess. Thank you

To give a more precise indication you can publish a sample picture showing the three (for example) levels of accuracy.

In the FAQ you can add further explanations.

To give a more precise indication you can publish a sample picture showing the three (for example) levels of accuracy.

In the FAQ you can add further explanations.

Okay. I will do that. Hopefully, I can come up with a good description that won’t give me any troubles in the future. 😥

Okay. I will do that. Hopefully, I can come up with a good description that won’t give me any troubles in the future. 😥

Could you specify the complexity with the number of anchor points or something like that (different maximum for each different package in the gig)?

I have added a line in the description stating that price may vary depending on the image. I don’t know if it will help much but it’s better than nothing I guess.

@misscrystal I told the buyer about the complexity and price variance, they gave me a $10 tip and gave 1 more order which had similar complexity like the first image. It gave me a little comfort. 😅 Though the work would have worth more.

@uk1000 I don’t think it will work. Sometimes the curve might have more anchor points but will take less time to do than some images with straight lines.

I have added a line in the description stating that price may vary depending on the image. I don’t know if it will help much but it’s better than nothing I guess.

@misscrystal I told the buyer about the complexity and price variance, they gave me a $10 tip and gave 1 more order which had similar complexity like the first image. It gave me a little comfort. 😅 Though the work would have worth more.

@uk1000 I don’t think it will work. Sometimes the curve might have more anchor points but will take less time to do than some images with straight lines.

I don’t know if it will help much

I don’t think that will help much.

To recap. You say:

"I will manually recreate your product, sketch, diagram, instruction manual in high-quality vector line art.

What you will get?

• Detail Line Art of your image
  • Unlimited Revisions until you are satisfied.

I will provide the design in any file format of your choice:

• High-resolution jpg, png.
  • Ai, PDF, PSD, SVG (Editable source file)".
  • “Detail(ed) line art” means “detailed” to the broader extent.

• That “unlimited revisions” does not match the number of revisions (3) of the Basic package (the only one you have).

• You provide Ai, PDF, PSD and SVG at extra cost.

Then:

“Based on the complexity of the images price may vary so contact before placing an order. I will make a custom offer!”

Legit, but the buyers may read the above as follows:

Contact me before placing an order to pay an higher price

Consider switching to three packages. The idea of showing examples of the different levels of detail still makes sense. If you browse the Illustration category you can find several examples of that.

To recap. You say:

"I will manually recreate your product, sketch, diagram, instruction manual in high-quality vector line art.

What you will get?

• That “unlimited revisions” does not match the number of revisions (3) of the Basic package (the only one you have).

Then:

“Based on the complexity of the images price may vary so contact before placing an order. I will make a custom offer!”

Consider switching to three packages. The idea of showing examples of the different levels of detail still makes sense. If you browse the Illustration category you can find several examples of that.

Consider switching to three packages.

I, too, strongly suggest that you do this. It will definitely help give the buyers an impression of the increase in your price with an increase in complexity of the task required.

To recap. You say:

What you will get?

Then:

Thank you so much for the detail explanations, I changed the revisions number, not more than an hour ago I will change it from the description too and make other necessary changes.

Archived