Buyer cancel order , but using my video

film_plex

Guest lloydsolutions

“Posts may be edited or removed for extreme language or negatively calling your buyers/sellers out by username”

The above is from the forum rules. You need to remove all references from your screenshot to the name of the buyer as previously advised.

Guest hanshuber16

But that doesn’t prove he owns it. He sold it to the one who posted it on youtube. That’s pretty much the end of it as far as youtube is concerned.

If there is some kind of payment dispute after that it’s none of youtube’s concern.

If there is some kind of payment dispute after that it’s none of youtube’s concern.

Oh, I know some similar cases where the defendant was successful in their copyright claim. Showing proof that the creator was not paid for the services rendered (even if it is on another platform) is sufficient to win the copyright claim, in my opinion.

Oh, I know some similar cases where the defendant was successful in their copyright claim. Showing proof that the creator was not paid for the services rendered (even if it is on another platform) is sufficient to win the copyright claim, in my opinion.

I’m not sure about that. Once it is transferred that’s it. How far back, through how many owners, let’s say if there have been six previous owners of that video, should youtube do research for the true owner? Think of it that way. Youtube is not obligated to research who was paid or who was not paid.

Guest smiler3d

I’m not sure about that. Once it is transferred that’s it. How far back, through how many owners, let’s say if there have been six previous owners of that video, should youtube do research for the true owner? Think of it that way. Youtube is not obligated to research who was paid or who was not paid.

Youtube is not obligated to research who was paid or who was not paid.

YouTube take copyright claims very seriously - thankfully! 🙂

They take down videos, remove channels etc,

If the OP can prove everything he’s said to YT, that should be his next step.

@film_plex Please keep us updated about this story, I’m interested in the outcome (as others too, I suppose).

I wish you good luck solving this issue!

Taking actions in cases like this is good for the whole community 😄

haha sure sir , but i really don’t want to interfere in this case but in other way i also want to do something because i dont want he do again same thing with other fiverr seller , this is why i came here to ask with other seller 🙂

haha sure sir , but i really don’t want to interfere in this case but in other way i also want to do something because i dont want he do again same thing with other fiverr seller , this is why i came here to ask with other seller 🙂

If you let this go, “buyers” like these will continue to scam sellers for free work and use us without paying.

Actually, under the new EU copyright directive, Youtube is obligated to make sure that uploaded content is free from copyright restrictions. Don’t ask how they can put a system in place which ensures this. At present no one knows. However, they are obligated nonetheless.

The EU copyright directive is also focused on ensuring that content creators get paid for media which is published online. In this case, proof in the form of screenshots from Fiverr may well be enough to force Youtube into taking action.

It is also probable that Fiverr will have to modify its delivery system to appease the same directive. i.e. start making delivered content only visible on Fiverr (and not available for download) until deliveries are accepted by buyers.

Actually, under the new EU copyright directive, Youtube is obligated to make sure that uploaded content is free from copyright restrictions. Don’t ask how they can put a system in place which ensures this. At present no one knows. However, they are obligated nonetheless.

The EU copyright directive is also focused on ensuring that content creators get paid for media which is published online. In this case, proof in the form of screenshots from Fiverr may well be enough to force Youtube into taking action.

It is also probable that Fiverr will have to modify its delivery system to appease the same directive. i.e. start making delivered content only visible on Fiverr (and not available for download) until deliveries are accepted by buyers.

@cyaxrex Does Youtube have to follow the EU directive? I just thought it would be a lot simpler if a seller took responsibility for getting paid.

@cyaxrex Does Youtube have to follow the EU directive? I just thought it would be a lot simpler if a seller took responsibility for getting paid.

Does Youtube have to follow the EU directive?

Yes, unless they cease operations in Europe, as does every website. In fact, the majority of fines for non-compliance with EU GDPR laws passed last year, have been levied on non-EU websites.

Does Youtube have to follow the EU directive?

Yes, unless they cease operations in Europe, as does every website. In fact, the majority of fines for non-compliance with EU GDPR laws passed last year, have been levied on non-EU websites.

Suppose payment is in the form of an I.O.U. Payments can be very complicated sometimes. Partial payments. Promised to pay later payments. Refunded payments. It’s mind boggling. If someone misses a payment let’s say in a 12 month payment plan, then does the copyright protection kick in?

This really requires a written contract and an escrow account.

And what if there was a middleman who didn’t get paid but the one who sold it DID get paid? Can the middleman use the copyright protection to get the video removed?

This is putting an untenable burden on youtube.

Suppose payment is in the form of an I.O.U. Payments can be very complicated sometimes. Partial payments. Promised to pay later payments. Refunded payments. It’s mind boggling. If someone misses a payment let’s say in a 12 month payment plan, then does the copyright protection kick in?

This really requires a written contract and an escrow account.

And what if there was a middleman who didn’t get paid but the one who sold it DID get paid? Can the middleman use the copyright protection to get the video removed?

Suppose payment is in the form of an I.O.U. Payments can be very complicated sometimes. Partial payments. Promised to pay later payments. Refunded payments. It’s mind boggling.

It doesn’t really matter how payments take place. The new laws simply state that websites put in place internal controls to prevent theft, piracy, and copyright infringement. In the case of Fiverr and Youtube, the OPs problem stems from no such controls being in place.

And what if there was a middleman who didn’t get paid but the one who sold it DID get paid?

It doesn’t matter. The middleman is not the creator. Though, they could be fined for selling/distributing infringed goods.

And every website. Memes are pretty much now illegal. Even quoting text from websites can no longer be done legally, without the express permission of the website being quoted.

Suppose payment is in the form of an I.O.U. Payments can be very complicated sometimes. Partial payments. Promised to pay later payments. Refunded payments. It’s mind boggling.

It doesn’t really matter how payments take place. The new laws simply state that websites put in place internal controls to prevent theft, piracy, and copyright infringement. In the case of Fiverr and Youtube, the OPs problem stems from no such controls being in place.

And what if there was a middleman who didn’t get paid but the one who sold it DID get paid?

It doesn’t matter. The middleman is not the creator. Though, they could be fined for selling/distributing infringed goods.

And every website. Memes are pretty much now illegal. Even quoting text from websites can no longer be done legally, without the express permission of the website being quoted.

It sounds like a great way to enrich lawyers. And there are lawyers who spend all their time and resources exploiting these laws.

If you don’t want to do anything about this case then what’s the point of coming on the forum and complaining?

You were robbed. Coma. You need to fight for it. If you contact fiverr support they will send an email to buyer to remove the video. At the same time you SHOULD contact YouTube and ask them to remove the video as you are the only rightful owner of that video.

If you don’t defend your rights that will keep happening to you and to others.

It sounds like a great way to enrich lawyers. And there are lawyers who spend all their time and resources exploiting these laws.

@cyaxrex I see lots of videos which are compilations of shows on television on youtube and wonder how they get away with that. Even copies of MSNBC shows. Old movie clips, old TV shows, all kinds of things like that. I know a lot get taken down but a lot also stay there for a long time.

If you don’t want to do anything about this case then what’s the point of coming on the forum and complaining?

You were robbed. Coma. You need to fight for it. If you contact fiverr support they will send an email to buyer to remove the video. At the same time you SHOULD contact YouTube and ask them to remove the video as you are the only rightful owner of that video.

If you don’t defend your rights that will keep happening to you and to others.

yes i am thinking to do it but scared that what if he make new ac and come again on mine ac and order my service and then this time give bad feedback just for taking revenge

yes i am thinking to do it but scared that what if he make new ac and come again on mine ac and order my service and then this time give bad feedback just for taking revenge

what if he make new ac and come again on mine ac

You can block him right now before he can order from you. 😉

Archived