Please can we stop

smiler3d

Buyer requests are worthless most of the time anyway. I got maybe 1 good deal out of buyer requests in over a year of Fiverr. It’s mostly bottom barrel, picky people wanting the world for next to nothing. It’s also pointless to apply if you aren’t getting orders otherwise, because that means you are not attractive to clients, so you won’t be attractive to this guy either (and everyone and their mother is applying to get it).

My advice? Avoid buyer requests as much as possible, and only apply to the one or two per month that are actually worth it. The entire point of being on Fiverr vs another platform is having the clients contact ME and not the other way around.

Buyer requests are worthless most of the time anyway. I got maybe 1 good deal out of buyer requests in over a year of Fiverr. It’s mostly bottom barrel, picky people wanting the world for next to nothing.

I disagree. I’ve found some of my most loyal repeat clients from BR. You just have to know how to respond, how to market yourself, and how to interact with a new buyer to build trust and give them reason to repeatedly choose to work with you – instead of your competition.

Buyer requests are worthless most of the time anyway. I got maybe 1 good deal out of buyer requests in over a year of Fiverr. It’s mostly bottom barrel, picky people wanting the world for next to nothing. It’s also pointless to apply if you aren’t getting orders otherwise, because that means you are not attractive to clients, so you won’t be attractive to this guy either (and everyone and their mother is applying to get it).

My advice? Avoid buyer requests as much as possible, and only apply to the one or two per month that are actually worth it. The entire point of being on Fiverr vs another platform is having the clients contact ME and not the other way around.

Buyer requests are worthless most of the time anyway. I got maybe 1 good deal out of buyer requests in over a year of Fiverr.

To the contrary, I have many regular customers due to BR. 🙂 I never pay attention to the buyer’s budget and always respond with my full price and indicate the value 💰 they will receive from accepting my offer.

Because many new, inexperienced sellers depend on BR, they may make desperate offers, even for services they are not qualified to give. 😱

Buyer requests are worthless most of the time anyway. I got maybe 1 good deal out of buyer requests in over a year of Fiverr.

To the contrary, I have many regular customers due to BR. 🙂 I never pay attention to the buyer’s budget and always respond with my full price and indicate the value 💰 they will receive from accepting my offer.

Because many new, inexperienced sellers depend on BR, they may make desperate offers, even for services they are not qualified to give. 😱

Not my experience, it certainly depends on the field. I only see super lowball offers with bad instructions, and even when I apply I never get answers (even though a quick check of my profile would immediately put me ahead of 99% of appliers). The “savvy buyer” is a rarity, and those usually contact me directly since it will be easier and faster than posting a buyer request anyway, and that way they won’t have to deal with the hundreds of inept sellers trying to peddle.

In any case, the whole point behind having a profile here is getting people to contact me, if I wanted to be bidding for jobs I would be on a number of other platforms better suited for it.

There seems to be a lot of discussion about the good/bad points of BR.

That wasn’t why I started this thread really, so I started a new one for it. 🙂

Please discuss whether you’ve found responding to buyer requests to be good for you as a seller or not. All discussions about BR welcome! slightly_smiling_face

I regularly get Twitter followers who are Fiverr sellers and all they Tweet is links to their gigs with a call-to-action to buy. That’s it.

That’s not how lead generation works on Twitter and it’s really annoying! These people probably got the idea to do this from the forum. So when you give people advice like this, you’re not just annoying people in the forum, but everyone on social media who is subjected to these annoying, ineffective practices. It’s spam.

Either learn how to use social media effectively and ethically to generate leads or don’t use it publicly at all. It just annoys people and makes you look unprofessional, sketchy and unskilled. Social media is useless to you – even counter productive – if you don’t use it properly.

I regularly get Twitter followers who are Fiverr sellers and all they Tweet is links to their gigs with a call-to-action to buy. That’s it.

That’s not how lead generation works on Twitter and it’s really annoying! These people probably got the idea to do this from the forum. So when you give people advice like this, you’re not just annoying people in the forum, but everyone on social media who is subjected to these annoying, ineffective practices. It’s spam.

Either learn how to use social media effectively and ethically to generate leads or don’t use it publicly at all. It just annoys people and makes you look unprofessional, sketchy and unskilled. Social media is useless to you – even counter productive – if you don’t use it properly.

Interesting, and true. Do you have a document or blog post where you share your strategies for this? I’d like to read it.:+1:t4:

Please can we stop the repeated (often copied and pasted) advice of:

send 10 buyer requests every day

share your gig on social media

etc. etc.

Sorry - I’m afraid it’s not useful to new sellers who often can’t see any buyer requests, so they can’t respond to them anyway.

Using social media properly needs to be done to targeted followers etc. It’s no wonder that social media networks seem to be cracking down on Fiverr links and classing them as spam. If you’re going to use social media, please find some good information online to help you.

If new users can’t read one post which gives this advice, they’re surely not going to read the last 25, 50, 100 and so on.

Please, any genuinely useful advice would be appreciated by all users, including me. 😉

Copying and pasting the same stuff to get your post count up isn’t actually helping anybody. 🙂

Copying and pasting the same stuff to get your post count up isn’t actually helping anybody.

The more I read the forums on Fiverr, the more I’ve noticed this seems to be the case! How depressing! What’s even the point of getting your post count up just for the sake of it? How it that useful?! 😔

And yes, repeating the same advice over and over isn’t particularly helpful, especially when it’s just ‘post on social media’, ‘reply to loads of buyer requests’, etc. It creates a bad spam culture on Fiverr which is not what we should be doing at all, as it risks giving other well-meaning, hard-working freelancers on here a bad name.

I’d rather see constructive advice based on people’s own experiences, e.g. what social media campaigns did you run, what kinds of customers did you target, what worked / what didn’t. In a nutshell, add something meaningful and interesting to the conversation.

Interesting, and true. Do you have a document or blog post where you share your strategies for this? I’d like to read it.:+1:t4:

Thanks! I don’t think I can share that here, but many people have written about this. If you Google organic lead generation you’ll see a lot of posts about it.

Thanks! I don’t think I can share that here, but many people have written about this. If you Google organic lead generation you’ll see a lot of posts about it.

@humanissocial Ok, thanks! Yeah, I can’t remember, but it should be ok to share links to our own blogs or Google or OneDrive Docs or something here. It’s probably banned to share any links outside of 5R though. I’ve read so many discussions here and at other sites that I forget sometimes what rules are for which places, and need to refresh myself.

No offense meant in asking Humanissocial to share that, 5R. :roll_eyes:

Copying and pasting the same stuff to get your post count up isn’t actually helping anybody.

The more I read the forums on Fiverr, the more I’ve noticed this seems to be the case! How depressing! What’s even the point of getting your post count up just for the sake of it? How it that useful?! 😔

And yes, repeating the same advice over and over isn’t particularly helpful, especially when it’s just ‘post on social media’, ‘reply to loads of buyer requests’, etc. It creates a bad spam culture on Fiverr which is not what we should be doing at all, as it risks giving other well-meaning, hard-working freelancers on here a bad name.

I’d rather see constructive advice based on people’s own experiences, e.g. what social media campaigns did you run, what kinds of customers did you target, what worked / what didn’t. In a nutshell, add something meaningful and interesting to the conversation.

The forum consists of new sellers mostly who are clueless. At least that’s my impression. I doubt if anyone here knows how to do a real social media presentation of their gigs. Youtube seems to be the only viable social media for this. I know of a psychic who has moderately successful youtube videos that may lure a few people to her gigs now and then.

I’ve heard of people unsuccessfully trying twitter. I’ve heard of people spending a few hundred dollars on facebook.

repeating the same advice over and over isn’t particularly helpful, especially when it’s just ‘post on social media’, ‘reply to loads of buyer requests’, etc. It creates a bad spam culture on Fiverr which is not what we should be doing at all, as it risks giving other well-meaning, hard-working freelancers on here a bad name.

BRAVO! I wish that the Forum users here that repeatedly do this would :stop_sign: Stop!

The Forum used to be more fun and educational. Now it seems that this is true. ⬇️

The forum consists of new sellers mostly who are clueless.

As for those who are new and those who are not so new, (You know who you are!) who spew

just ‘post on social media’, ‘reply to loads of buyer requests’, etc.

Please, STOP! 🤨

repeating the same advice over and over isn’t particularly helpful, especially when it’s just ‘post on social media’, ‘reply to loads of buyer requests’, etc. It creates a bad spam culture on Fiverr which is not what we should be doing at all, as it risks giving other well-meaning, hard-working freelancers on here a bad name.

BRAVO! I wish that the Forum users here that repeatedly do this would :stop_sign: Stop!

The Forum used to be more fun and educational. Now it seems that this is true. ⬇️

The forum consists of new sellers mostly who are clueless.

As for those who are new and those who are not so new, (You know who you are!) who spew

just ‘post on social media’, ‘reply to loads of buyer requests’, etc.

Please, STOP! 🤨

The Forum used to be more fun and educational.

It feels like we really need to shift the culture here to make it more educational and helpful.

For example, I recently came across this post on ‘finding a profitable niche’ which I thought was really interesting, i.e. some actual original analysis into possible marketing strategies on Fiverr: How to find a profitable niche

We’d all benefit if we saw more conversations like this, and less that just encourage spam…

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived