Order placed, requirements skipped

mashas_studio

Thank u so much. The issue has been resolved. I was able to get the order cancelled. But now I’m seeing -$12 dollar charge on my cancelled orders. Does that mean I have to pay that back?

-$12 dollar charge on my cancelled orders. Does that mean I have to pay that back?

No, because you never even worked on this order and it was not completed. So, the $12 never went to your CLEARED earnings for you to withdraw.

Now, if perhaps you had done an order, and then the buyer decides to cancel or do a charge back AFTER the payment clears and you withdraw it - you may see a negative balance on your Funds Available - and that would have to be paid back with future orders you complete.

In this case though, the -$12 is just showing that they returned the money to the buyer’s account.

GG

-$12 dollar charge on my cancelled orders. Does that mean I have to pay that back?

No, because you never even worked on this order and it was not completed. So, the $12 never went to your CLEARED earnings for you to withdraw.

Now, if perhaps you had done an order, and then the buyer decides to cancel or do a charge back AFTER the payment clears and you withdraw it - you may see a negative balance on your Funds Available - and that would have to be paid back with future orders you complete.

In this case though, the -$12 is just showing that they returned the money to the buyer’s account.

GG

Thank you so much. You’ve been really helpful.

But I contacted support, and this was the response I got. It’s unfair that I have to cover a debt this way:

Hi again,

You are welcome!

The count you are seeing is a debt that was created since the order has been canceled and you didn’t have any funds available in your balance. As soon as you receive a payment when you complete the next order that debt will be erased since it will be covered with the funds received from your future earnings.

I hope that this clarifies.

How odd. That makes no sense that they are going to take $12 from future orders in this case.

Did you work on this order, deliver it and get paid? Did you withdraw the funds for this order? If so, then, yes, I can see where they may be trying to get that $12 back. But, if you never had that money in your account and withdrew it, that is not right. When you complete an order, the buyer has the ability to rate the order and close it out - or it can be auto completed 3 days after you deliver. Then, there is a 14 day clearance period. So, it can take up to 17 days to have access to that $12.

If you never did the work, and the funds were never cleared and released to you, you owe Fiverr NOTHING!

GG

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived