Fiverr app in my Iphone has stopped notiffication sound

jobtheilstrator

Thank God! Someone else is having the same problem! Yesterday, my Fiverr mobile app suddenly stopped sending a sound with push notifications. I deleted and re-installed the Fiverr app, but it didn’t resolve the issue.

I just got off of several lengthy conversations with Apple Support, thinking it was something on my phone. I even re-installed the iOS to see if that would do it. Finally, the senior technician and I concluded that it might just be the Fiverr App.

I hope someone from the developer group reads this message! This is a significant issue, because I really rely on Fiverr push notifications - with sound - to alert me to incoming business.

• Like 5

Same issue. No sound, no mirroring on my apple watch either. So no way of knowing if I need to respond to buyers when out of the studio.

Maybe @amirlavi is still around and can check it out for us?

Hi Frank - well, unfortunate to hear you’re having the issue as well, but confirmation that there is an issue. Yes, I agree - the sound is a vital part of my communication mechanism, and I’m hoping your contact can check it out for us!

Dan

• Like 3

I too am having the same issue getting notification sounds on my iPhone 8. I tried uninstalling the Fiverr app and reinstalling it, I tried rebooting my phone, and nothing seems to work. I am getting notifications with sounds for other apps, but for Fiverr I am only getting the notifications popping up on my phone screen… but with no sound.

If this is indeed a Fiverr app issue (and it seems that it is), I hope it gets resolved soon.

What would make this “hopefully” temporary issue a much easier pill to swallow however, is if when they release a bug fix for this, they also give us the ability to CHANGE THE NOTIFICATION SOUND!!!

I would absolutely love to be able to get alerted in a different way than the standard iphone notification sound… ideally be able to add my own ring tone to it.

Please??

🙂

• Like 4

I just sent a request in to Customer Support on this issue. I referred to this thread to indicate it’s happening to a number of people. I’ll let you know what I hear back.

Dan

I’ll let you know what I hear back.

First response from CS. “Could you uninstall and download the latest version of the app?” Not unexpected. It may take them a while to accept that there’s an issue.

• Like 2

We worked down the list of diagnostics on this issue:
Are your Mobile notifications on?
Could you use the Test Notification feature to see if it works? (Yes, but no sound)

Then CS responded:
So that our Mobile developers can review the issue you are experiencing, can you forward the following info?

1. iOS/Android Version (7.1, 7.1.3 etc.)
  2. iOS/Android Device (iPhone 4, 5, 5s, 5c, etc.)
  3. Is your device Jailbroken/Rooted??
  4. App version (You can find this out by going to Version History section on the Fiverr app in the App Store)

So there will be someone from the developer group evaluating the issue.

Stay tuned.
Dan

• Like 2

We worked down the list of diagnostics on this issue:

Are your Mobile notifications on?

Could you use the Test Notification feature to see if it works? (Yes, but no sound)

Then CS responded:

So that our Mobile developers can review the issue you are experiencing, can you forward the following info?

1. iOS/Android Version (7.1, 7.1.3 etc.)
  2. iOS/Android Device (iPhone 4, 5, 5s, 5c, etc.)
  3. Is your device Jailbroken/Rooted??
  4. App version (You can find this out by going to Version History section on the Fiverr app in the App Store)

So there will be someone from the developer group evaluating the issue.

Stay tuned.

Dan

I contact the customer support they were asking the same requirement so i send them…they have given me sometime.let see what happens next…

• Like 1

I have just heard back from CS, and they say the issue has been resolved. Is the notification sound working for anybody? I just deleted the Fiverr App, and downloaded it again. I received a notification, and the sound was back! YEA!

Are any of you seeing the problem being resolved?

Yeap. Issue was resolved. Without re-installing my iOS app it just started working again.

Heck I didn’t even restart my phone.

🙂

Great to know, Frank! I’ve reported that to CS. I also mentioned to them that the “Test Push Notification” function doesn’t have a sound attached, so it might be handy to add the sound, so we get a full test of the function.