Contacting Customer Support to Cancel Order

s_akhter

I got an order from a buyer today to set up their blog. But, after checking, I got to know that they hadn’t purchased a domain or a host for their website which basically means I can’t deliver the order.

They do not have enough knowledge on this matter. Now, I am being told that they would like to cancel the order.

Can I contact customer support to cancel the order? Would this help in not affecting my account or my completion rate? What should I do?

Please help.

Unfortunately, you just have to cancel the order and deal with the cancellation. I had a buyer order the wrong gig for a service that I don’t even provide. He wanted an entire “affiliate” enterprise setup, website, email automation, the whole nine yards, for $25.

Then he got really upset when I cancelled the order saying he never got his money back. I asked him to check the balance of his Fiverr account for the refund.

Some buyers just don’t quite understand the system. Best we can do is educate!

Unfortunately, you just have to cancel the order and deal with the cancellation. I had a buyer order the wrong gig for a service that I don’t even provide. He wanted an entire “affiliate” enterprise setup, website, email automation, the whole nine yards, for $25.

Then he got really upset when I cancelled the order saying he never got his money back. I asked him to check the balance of his Fiverr account for the refund.

Some buyers just don’t quite understand the system. Best we can do is educate!

I am just really disappointed by this. This would be my 2nd cancellation, both because the buyers didn’t know/ explain their orders properly. My order completion rate would just go down more.

I think I read somewhere in the forum, that requesting the customer support to cancel doesn’t affect the cancellation rate. Just wanted to know more about this.

I am just really disappointed by this. This would be my 2nd cancellation, both because the buyers didn’t know/ explain their orders properly. My order completion rate would just go down more.

I think I read somewhere in the forum, that requesting the customer support to cancel doesn’t affect the cancellation rate. Just wanted to know more about this.

I don’t know much about that as I’ve been away from the forums quite a bit from being busy.

But one of the things that I found to be very helpful in avoiding these types of things is to have a very clear order description and video explainer. If people are mistakenly ordering your gig for a specific reason, there is your hint to update the description or make a big bold statement.

For example, I provide WordPress optimization services, after having a couple of not so happy clients because they wanted to optimize the MOBILE side of their website instead of the desktop, I put a big bold disclaimer saying that I optimize the desktop version of the website and that mobile speed results may vary.

I also ended up putting a disclaimer about cheap website hosting companies. If you pay $3 per month for your website host and you have 10 websites, you are bound to have a slower website and there isn’t anything I can do about it.

Education my friend!

I don’t know much about that as I’ve been away from the forums quite a bit from being busy.

But one of the things that I found to be very helpful in avoiding these types of things is to have a very clear order description and video explainer. If people are mistakenly ordering your gig for a specific reason, there is your hint to update the description or make a big bold statement.

For example, I provide WordPress optimization services, after having a couple of not so happy clients because they wanted to optimize the MOBILE side of their website instead of the desktop, I put a big bold disclaimer saying that I optimize the desktop version of the website and that mobile speed results may vary.

I also ended up putting a disclaimer about cheap website hosting companies. If you pay $3 per month for your website host and you have 10 websites, you are bound to have a slower website and there isn’t anything I can do about it.

Education my friend!

Tell me how can a person who sends a buyers request to set up a blog, doesn’t know that they first need to have a website (domain and hosting included) purchased to do it.

How do I put this in my description?

Tell me how can a person who sends a buyers request to set up a blog, doesn’t know that they first need to have a website (domain and hosting included) purchased to do it.

How do I put this in my description?

Some people don’t know how the internet works. They just heard the word “blog” and thought they’d try it out. You can put a statement in your gig description that says:

“Prerequisites for this gig: purchase your own domain and web host provider”

Some sellers supply these things. Most don’t.

Some people don’t know how the internet works. They just heard the word “blog” and thought they’d try it out. You can put a statement in your gig description that says:

“Prerequisites for this gig: purchase your own domain and web host provider”

Some sellers supply these things. Most don’t.

It’s written clearly in my FAQs.

This was from a buyer request anyways, so probably the buyer just ordered looking at what I wrote on my offer and the price.

The buyer is new and inexperienced for sure.

Anyway, I sent a mutual cancellation as per their request. Nothing to do. Will just have to work harder to level up the completion rate.

Archived