How to not annoy my fiverr programmer I hired

Guest kram1963

What! To reassure the buyer and stay in contact and responsive

But if they haven’t started the order yet, and the buyer’s given all the information needed, what are supposed to say? What are they supposed to respond to?

They are supposed to say they got your messages and will be starting work on the project in the coming day or two. It’s not hard to do.

I can’t believe any seller would ignore messages once they got the order.

Guest smiler3d

They are supposed to say they got your messages and will be starting work on the project in the coming day or two. It’s not hard to do.

I can’t believe any seller would ignore messages once they got the order.

But the seller’s already told them they haven’t started it yet, but will do soon - its pointless if the seller has all the necessary information. It does sound as if the seller might be finding it annoying, I’m sorry but I would too.

But the seller’s already told them they haven’t started it yet, but will do soon - its pointless if the seller has all the necessary information. It does sound as if the seller might be finding it annoying, I’m sorry but I would too.

I wouldn’t want any message of mine to be ignored and would never do that to any client.

Don’t sellers have any idea how to do basic customer relations?

Guest kram1963

Well, if they accept your cancellation request, then you would get the refund.

Well I’m not quite sure what to do… when I was looking to hire somebody every time I talked to him he would answer right away and I do mean FAST… usually under 1 minute and his green light was on next to his chat window quite a bit

it hasn’t been on at all since I’ve hired him not that I’ve seen and I’ve been online all day.

it just makes me uncomfortable and the only thing I was messaging him were things I was doing to make the job easier>>>> giving me two words thank you <<< that would have been all I would have needed and then I would know that he’s at least responding I just makes me uncomfortable I spent a lot of money and he seems to have vanished… I realize there are 9 days left to complete my job and I may be worrying for nothing.

it’s just odd He messages me INSTANTLY when I wanted to hire him ( he even messaged me several times asking to be hired assuring me 100% satisfaction) and now he’s hired and I get nothing but crickets…

Guest smiler3d

I wouldn’t want any message of mine to be ignored and would never do that to any client.

I wouldn’t ignore messages either, but can’t see why the buyer needs to keep sending them if they’ve given all the information needed.

Yes thank you.

I wouldn’t ignore messages either, but can’t see why the buyer needs to keep sending them if they’ve given all the information needed.

Yes thank you.

can’t see why the buyer needs to keep sending them if they’ve given all the information needed.

Because the buyer has sent more messages and has no idea what the seller is doing or why he is being ignored! It’s not hard to do.

Well I’m not quite sure what to do… when I was looking to hire somebody every time I talked to him he would answer right away and I do mean FAST… usually under 1 minute and his green light was on next to his chat window quite a bit

it hasn’t been on at all since I’ve hired him not that I’ve seen and I’ve been online all day.

it just makes me uncomfortable and the only thing I was messaging him were things I was doing to make the job easier>>>> giving me two words thank you <<< that would have been all I would have needed and then I would know that he’s at least responding I just makes me uncomfortable I spent a lot of money and he seems to have vanished… I realize there are 9 days left to complete my job and I may be worrying for nothing.

it’s just odd He messages me INSTANTLY when I wanted to hire him ( he even messaged me several times asking to be hired assuring me 100% satisfaction) and now he’s hired and I get nothing but crickets…

Did you check his ‘last seen’? Is he active and still ignoring your messages?

If yes, then just send him a message giving a deadline that you would cancel the order if they don’t respond within the time stated.

Guest kram1963

smiler,

I just want to be clear I’ve only messaged him on instant messenger through Fiverr. I have not sent him several messages pestering him I sent just two or three and they were just letting him know that I was helping him out doing the pages that I knew how to do AND THANKING HIM FOR TAKING MY PROJECT I wasn’t asking him over and over to respond ( at all ) he has no idea that I’m feeling like this

it could be just me?? you maybe right and I need to let the guy alone let him do his work he has nine days left to complete it >>and he doesn’t need somebody pestering them <<I get it but when you spend hundreds and somebody doesn’t respond it makes you wonder if they took off with your money that’s my only worry.

it just makes me uncomfortable and the only thing I was messaging him were things I was doing to make the job easier>>>> giving me two words thank you <<< that would have been all I would have needed and then I would know that he’s at least responding

You could ask him a question in the message as he may think you’re giving him additional info but he may not know you’d like him to respond. eg. just ask “can you incorporate these changes to the site?” or “I’ve added this, can you also link to that?” or something. He may also be very busy with other orders but will get to your order as soon as he can.

It’s also possible the changes being made like adding new pages to a site he’s designing may be not all be helping eg. if he’s designing the site but more and more pages are constantly being added.

Guest smiler3d

smiler,

I just want to be clear I’ve only messaged him on instant messenger through Fiverr. I have not sent him several messages pestering him I sent just two or three and they were just letting him know that I was helping him out doing the pages that I knew how to do AND THANKING HIM FOR TAKING MY PROJECT I wasn’t asking him over and over to respond ( at all ) he has no idea that I’m feeling like this

it could be just me?? you maybe right and I need to let the guy alone let him do his work he has nine days left to complete it >>and he doesn’t need somebody pestering them <<I get it but when you spend hundreds and somebody doesn’t respond it makes you wonder if they took off with your money that’s my only worry.

he has no idea that I’m feeling like this

He will do if he reads this thread. 😉

when you spend hundreds and somebody doesn’t respond it makes you wonder if they took off with your money that’s my only worry.

I can understand that as well, but you’re well covered by Fiverr as a buyer.

I do hope it all works out well for you. 🙂

Guest kram1963

it just makes me uncomfortable and the only thing I was messaging him were things I was doing to make the job easier>>>> giving me two words thank you <<< that would have been all I would have needed and then I would know that he’s at least responding

You could ask him a question in the message as he may think you’re giving him additional info but he may not know you’d like him to respond. eg. just ask “can you incorporate these changes to the site?” or “I’ve added this, can you also link to that?” or something. He may also be very busy with other orders but will get to your order as soon as he can.

It’s also possible the changes being made like adding new pages to a site he’s designing may be not all be helping eg. if he’s designing the site but more and more pages are constantly being added.

Those pages have to be at it anyway it’s a requirement of the website and I know how to do that and I told him that and I mentioned I could do those for him this was before I hired him and he said that would be fine and I told him I’d let him know if I did it what I did

of course I haven’t heard a word and if he has to do 15 pages that I’m paying him for that’s five more that he can do that I don’t know how to do so I get more work out of him he was fine with that but just not answering my messages

And I’ve left him three messages on messenger I am not leaving him anymore messages I’m going to look like I’m stalking him and I’m not to do that

common courtesy would be at least a response…

Those pages have to be at it anyway it’s a requirement of the website and I know how to do that and I told him that and I mentioned I could do those for him this was before I hired him and he said that would be fine and I told him I’d let him know if I did it what I did

of course I haven’t heard a word and if he has to do 15 pages that I’m paying him for that’s five more that he can do that I don’t know how to do so I get more work out of him he was fine with that but just not answering my messages

And I’ve left him three messages on messenger I am not leaving him anymore messages I’m going to look like I’m stalking him and I’m not to do that

common courtesy would be at least a response…

Does he have a good reputation here such as a lot of positive reviews? If so you can probably be assured things are ok.

Hello @kram1963,

I understand you want to communicate with the seller, especially after spending so much money.

Don’t overstress yourself 😌

Communication is clearly very important for you, so send him a final message asking for a reply and an update.
Perhaps something else is going on in his life. If this is the case, it makes you wonder whether he’d actually be able to complete the order in the next 9 days anyway.

Keep us updated!

Guest kram1963

Hello @kram1963,

I understand you want to communicate with the seller, especially after spending so much money.

Don’t overstress yourself 😌

Communication is clearly very important for you, so send him a final message asking for a reply and an update.

Perhaps something else is going on in his life. If this is the case, it makes you wonder whether he’d actually be able to complete the order in the next 9 days anyway.

Keep us updated!

I was able to cancel my order. He contacted me 10 hours ago and said he was starting the project, he never did he did not log into my account. He reluctantly agreed to refund me but told me that I would lose 80 dollars which I did not. I hated doing that but promise me something and not do it makes me upset then to misinform me that I will loose 80 dollars if I cancel was wrong like a tactic to not dismiss his services… I hope now to get the right programmer. I am NOT difficult to work with!! All I ask is not disappear from the messenger after I select you and just answer me within a few hours and keep me updated and oh, I messaged him about not logging into my account 2 hours ago, I waited 20 minutes, he didn’t reply, Well I filed the refund request and within 2 minutes BAM… he magically appears "“online” and messages me… SUCH POOR COMMUNICATION…

why would a fiverr seller do this??

I was able to cancel my order. He contacted me 10 hours ago and said he was starting the project, he never did he did not log into my account. He reluctantly agreed to refund me but told me that I would lose 80 dollars which I did not. I hated doing that but promise me something and not do it makes me upset then to misinform me that I will loose 80 dollars if I cancel was wrong like a tactic to not dismiss his services… I hope now to get the right programmer. I am NOT difficult to work with!! All I ask is not disappear from the messenger after I select you and just answer me within a few hours and keep me updated and oh, I messaged him about not logging into my account 2 hours ago, I waited 20 minutes, he didn’t reply, Well I filed the refund request and within 2 minutes BAM… he magically appears "“online” and messages me… SUCH POOR COMMUNICATION…

why would a fiverr seller do this??

@kram1963 I’m glad you got a refund on this. It’s so sad to me that some sellers have this opportunity to utilize a site like fiverr and then behave so irresponsibly and disappoint a trusting buyer.

I hope you find a great developer for your site.

It makes me wonder what that seller was thinking. Did he think he could keep the money without doing anything?

Archived