Account restriction after the second warning?

purestream

Hello,
I recently received a first warning from Fiverr over an issue with a buyer- to cut that long story short, the buyer was a return client who seemed to delight in leaving low*** on completed orders. I had told the buyer we won’t be working together anymore to avoid disruption of my stats. The buyer proceeded to explain his actions by using the dreaded words and I received a warning- quite unfair but understandable.

Now to the current problem. I was asked to verify my ID less than 2 days ago which I did and was told successful. Suddenly less than 24 hrs later I received an email that this was my second warning and the account is restricted and placed under review. What could be the cause of this? And how long is this review process? I have looked everywhere and I haven’t broken any rules. There was no reason given and I’m yet to receive a response to my inquiry.

There was no reason given. Here are the screenshots.

Seems as though Fiverr may be blaming you for the dreaded words your client used in their correspondence. Reading the above message from Fiverr, it seems as though they think you and this client are using those phrases or words as a workaround to meet up elsewhere to do business. This is really not fair if that is the case.

If you do get your account restored, I would be sure to go to this trouble making clients account and block them from being able to contact or order from you again. I would also advise if you get clients like this in the future who are trying to cause you trouble or grief, or worse, what this one seems to be doing, I would just go to their profile and block them without even warning them.

GG

Seems as though Fiverr may be blaming you for the dreaded words your client used in their correspondence. Reading the above message from Fiverr, it seems as though they think you and this client are using those phrases or words as a workaround to meet up elsewhere to do business. This is really not fair if that is the case.

If you do get your account restored, I would be sure to go to this trouble making clients account and block them from being able to contact or order from you again. I would also advise if you get clients like this in the future who are trying to cause you trouble or grief, or worse, what this one seems to be doing, I would just go to their profile and block them without even warning them.

GG

I really wish I did that initially. I can’t help but feel that is the cause of all these. Does anyone know how long this ‘review’ process can take?

Contact CS and ask them about the second warning, the Email you received does not explain the reason behind the 2nd warning.

Good luck

If you read the email, it does explain it. There were phrases or words used in the correspondence that the client sent to her which can be seen as a workaround to take orders off this platform. If you read her original post, you will see that her buyer intentionally put those words and phrases in their correspondence to her knowing it would get her in trouble.

GG

Contact CS and ask them about the second warning, the Email you received does not explain the reason behind the 2nd warning.

Good luck

I did that yesterday. I can’t sit still though. No response yet. Why does CS think it’s right to send warnings without the reason behind it?

I really wish I did that initially. I can’t help but feel that is the cause of all these. Does anyone know how long this ‘review’ process can take?

I have not had this occur, so I cannot say how long they take to review your account to make sure you were not trying to circumvent the system and take your business off the platform. What I can say from reading the forums is to not send a ton of messages to customer service or open a lot of tickets with this issue, as they may just ignore you and you will never get your account reinstated.

GG

If you read the email, it does explain it. There were phrases or words used in the correspondence that the client sent to her which can be seen as a workaround to take orders off this platform. If you read her original post, you will see that her buyer intentionally put those words and phrases in their correspondence to her knowing it would get her in trouble.

GG

I read both the original post and the email, but I thought that her first warning was regarding this issue. I wonder if the second warning is regarding the same issue. It seems unlikely that one can receive 2 warnings for the same issue. No?

I read both the original post and the email, but I thought that her first warning was regarding this issue. I wonder if the second warning is regarding the same issue. It seems unlikely that one can receive 2 warnings for the same issue. No?

Of course you can receive 2 warnings for the same issue - especially if this client of hers sent more than one message including phrases or words that are “flagged” by the system and draw attention to your account to be reviewed.

GG

Of course you can receive 2 warnings for the same issue - especially if this client of hers sent more than one message including phrases or words that are “flagged” by the system and draw attention to your account to be reviewed.

GG

Of course you can receive 2 warnings for the same issue

Hmmm. Interesting. Thank you for the info though I still don’t see that it can happen.

Let’s see what CS would say to her, I might learn something new.

I have not had this occur, so I cannot say how long they take to review your account to make sure you were not trying to circumvent the system and take your business off the platform. What I can say from reading the forums is to not send a ton of messages to customer service or open a lot of tickets with this issue, as they may just ignore you and you will never get your account reinstated.

GG

I sent just one. I will refrain from sending more. I am allowed to work on current orders. So, there’s no expected time for the review process to end?

I did that yesterday. I can’t sit still though. No response yet. Why does CS think it’s right to send warnings without the reason behind it?

They did give you the reason, although, I can see how some may need to read between the lines here of their response - the clue is in the line where they say you are attempting to “trick” their system. Well, that happens when you use phrases or words (even if you omit a letter in a word that would trigger their auto flag thingamajig) that appear as though you are wanting to take the client (or the client wants to take you) off the platform.

GG

They did give you the reason, although, I can see how some may need to read between the lines here of their response - the clue is in the line where they say you are attempting to “trick” their system. Well, that happens when you use phrases or words (even if you omit a letter in a word that would trigger their auto flag thingamajig) that appear as though you are wanting to take the client (or the client wants to take you) off the platform.

GG

They did give you the reason, although, I can see how some may need to read between the lines here of their response - the clue is in the line where they say you are attempting to “trick” their system

If you read OP’s first post, she already received a first warning when she asked her buyer not to work with her because the buyer doesn’t give her what she wants as a review and stars. and that is the ‘trick’ the system.

Why would she get another warning?

I sent just one. I will refrain from sending more. I am allowed to work on current orders. So, there’s no expected time for the review process to end?

I would give them 48 hours to respond, and then, you may send them another note, but, I wouldn’t keep sending emails as this just annoys them from what I have read in the forums. Also, keep your emails to them professional and on point - do not get emotional. Just state the facts of the case and screen shots even of the correspondence that you feel got you the warnings and restrictions to show that the CLIENT was acting in bad faith here, not you. Also, if you do get messages from clients in the future with phrases or words that can get you warnings, I would write the client back and tell them that you are not allowed to discuss the sites etc (do NOT use the phrases they did! Be generic!) they mention, as it is against the Fiverr TOS. Obviously, this client is a different situation, as you did work for them and they seem to want to get some sort of revenge on you - and they seem to know what will trigger the system to get you in trouble - but, if you get your account back and a new client sends a message with phrases that are against the TOS, be sure to cover your behind by telling them you cannot discuss that and that it is against TOS. You may even want to go block them as well. Depends on what your gut is telling you, as some clients are just naive and don’t realize you cannot meet off the platform etc.

GG

I would give them 48 hours to respond, and then, you may send them another note, but, I wouldn’t keep sending emails as this just annoys them from what I have read in the forums. Also, keep your emails to them professional and on point - do not get emotional. Just state the facts of the case and screen shots even of the correspondence that you feel got you the warnings and restrictions to show that the CLIENT was acting in bad faith here, not you. Also, if you do get messages from clients in the future with phrases or words that can get you warnings, I would write the client back and tell them that you are not allowed to discuss the sites etc (do NOT use the phrases they did! Be generic!) they mention, as it is against the Fiverr TOS. Obviously, this client is a different situation, as you did work for them and they seem to want to get some sort of revenge on you - and they seem to know what will trigger the system to get you in trouble - but, if you get your account back and a new client sends a message with phrases that are against the TOS, be sure to cover your behind by telling them you cannot discuss that and that it is against TOS. You may even want to go block them as well. Depends on what your gut is telling you, as some clients are just naive and don’t realize you cannot meet off the platform etc.

GG

Thank you so much. I will keep my fingers crossed. There are times my gut warn me about a client. This is so unfair.

They did give you the reason, although, I can see how some may need to read between the lines here of their response - the clue is in the line where they say you are attempting to “trick” their system

If you read OP’s first post, she already received a first warning when she asked her buyer not to work with her because the buyer doesn’t give her what she wants as a review and stars. and that is the ‘trick’ the system.

Why would she get another warning?

You need to re read the first post. She told her buyer that she would no longer work with them due to their low rating - that is when the buyer began to send messages with the phrases or words that will trigger a warning. She did not receive a warning until she had this message exchange with the buyer telling them she was not willing to work with them - the warnings came after the buyer wrote back to her explaining their position of why they gave a bad review AND in those messages used the words/phrases that can make your account get flagged.

Yes, you can get 2 warnings for the same thing. This client probably kept writing her with these words OR when she went to validate her account, it was looked at and they saw the correspondence or that it was flagged for the initial correspondence with trigger words and that is why they limited her account.

GG

You need to re read the first post. She told her buyer that she would no longer work with them due to their low rating - that is when the buyer began to send messages with the phrases or words that will trigger a warning. She did not receive a warning until she had this message exchange with the buyer telling them she was not willing to work with them - the warnings came after the buyer wrote back to her explaining their position of why they gave a bad review AND in those messages used the words/phrases that can make your account get flagged.

Yes, you can get 2 warnings for the same thing. This client probably kept writing her with these words OR when she went to validate her account, it was looked at and they saw the correspondence or that it was flagged for the initial correspondence with trigger words and that is why they limited her account.

GG

You need to re read the first post.

No, I don’t need to. I just cannot understand how can someone get 2 warnings of the same issue. If it’s true, then this is new to me, that is why I was trying to look at the second warning from another perspective.

@purestream What was the first warning about? Can you please share that email as well?

I wonder if you can actually receive 2 warnings on the same issue.

No, I don’t need to. I just cannot understand how can someone get 2 warnings of the same issue. If it’s true, then this is new to me, that is why I was trying to look at the second warning from another perspective.

@purestream What was the first warning about? Can you please share that email as well?

OK. Don’t re read the OP then, and do not try to read between the lines when it comes to how Fiverr corresponds with its sellers.

Why couldn’t you receive 2 warnings on the same issue? Let’s say today you get a warning about circumventing the system - then 6 months from now, it happens again - of course, you could get a warning - same as if it happened in a short span of time, which it seems she had occur.

This client was sending her messages trying to trigger the system to flag her account - for all we know, the system automatically placed her account in review status. A lot that is done here is done through an automated system.

GG

I agree. You can receive warning for the same issue if you broke rules twice. Let’s say you ask one client to give you a review- you got a warning. But you still asked your second client to leave you a review again. And here is your second warning.

But they can not send 2 warning for one client issue.

Okay. Here is the first warning. I sent an email to ask for the reason and that was when CS pointed out my conversation with the client.

IMG_20190314_102259_317.thumb.jpg.dd9ef94137a1dbfa094c85ed386819ea.jpg

Thank you so much. I will keep my fingers crossed. There are times my gut warn me about a client. This is so unfair.

So now we are again just guessing because we haven’t seen your conversation with a buyer and what was your thirst warning about.

But it might be that your first warning was for trying to manipulate a feedback. (Now fiverr pick up words as a “review” even if it’s in a different context and takes it as a feedback manipulation)

Check your messages if you didn’t by accident mentioned “review” word in any other messages.

Archived