SUCCESSFUL Fiverr ID Verification: Here's what you need to know

Hi, any user from India who successfully verified fiver ID. I have tried Aadhar card and voter Id card but the quality of photo that the card has is not good. Also, the photo is relatively small on the id card and may be very hard to recognize. I don’t have a driving licence or Passport.

Anyone can help me out with this. Do anyone have the same experience? I have tried 4 times now and in constant touch with customer support team. However, they always tell me to do the exact thing.

• Like 25
  • Up 1

I want to share my experience in dealing with ID Verification on Fiverr. I hope this will help people to avoid pitfalls and fallacies I encountered. It took six attempts to get verified. I can only describe everything as bizarre and insane.
It’s not the first time I was asked to verify my identity. I have completed the verification process on different sites. I used the same set of documents and the same mobile phone to take photos every time.

The first thing that made me feel strange is the requirement of a mobile phone to complete the verification process. The current year is 2019. We have robots and autonomous cars roaming the streets. And for some unknown reason, the big multimillion company can’t create and test a safe verification routine.

After I clicked the ‘verify id’ button in my browser, I got a choice to use a QR code or an SMS with a link. I chose the latter option. At first, I tried to enter a link from SMS into my browser. My Google Chrome warned me that connection to the site is not safe and that I should avoid it. I proceeded nevertheless and got redirected to the same window with a QR code or SMS selection. The only choice that left was to continue with mobile.

Fiverr gave me an option to choose a passport or driver’s license for identification. I used the passport for my verification before, and I stuck with it again. The passport in Ukraine comes in paper form with no English in it. You receive one at 18 and update it at 25. The government started to issue a new form of identification a couple of years back, but I wasn’t eligible to update it.

At first, I used my 25 years photo for verification. It failed. I used 18 one, and it failed again. Two times I received notification from Fiverr: ‘We couldn’t verify your identity since the photo you provided wasn’t of a supported ID.’

At that point, I wrote to customer support for help and checked forums for more information.
I found this detailed and amazing forum thread. You should check it out before your verification process. It contains instructions on how to prepare and take your photos.
Customer Support (CS) contacted me pretty fast. CS1 said that my photo was low-quality and that I needed to take them again. It was a legit criticism. We had very foggy weather for the last few days, so it was difficult to take quality photos. The fog was so bad that some airports and other agencies stopped working for some time. My phone is several years old, so it struggles to deliver good photos under harsh conditions.

I tinkered with the camera settings to work better in cloudy weather and change the resolution of my photos to the maximum available to me. I took photos, downloaded them to PC to check quality. There was nothing wrong with them from my point of view. I sent photos, and my account was instantly disabled. I didn’t receive any message about why did it fail. I contacted CS again and in a few hours, they added one more attempt for me. It was late in the evening. There was no point to took photos again at that time.

The next day in the morning I made an appointment with the person who had a high-quality last-model phone. We made several photos then I checked them on PC. Everything was perfect.
I sent those photos for verification. Fiverr didn’t give any notification or message about the result, and my account was still locked. I contacted CS again to clarify did it fail or not.
This time CS2 contacted me and said that ‘Our relevant team decided to grant you another attempt.’ I asked CS2 to clarify what was failing. At that point, I was pretty stressed and depressed. I didn’t understand what was wrong. Nothing was made sense to me. CS was asking me for a better quality photo, again and again, telling the same stuff all over again. It didn’t work.
CS2 didn’t provide any clarification.
'As far as I can see, you haven’t used this additional attempt yet.

Please try again, just try to submit photos if your ID clear as possible and return to us immediately if it doesn’t work.

We will be here for you.

Kind regards’, CS2 said.

I submitted my best quality photos again. No notification came from Fiverr about the result. I checked the status of my support ticket and saw that I was redirected to CS3. I asked about the outcome, and after several hours CS3 said I had failed my verification and that CS was no longer able to add any more attempts. I lost my account and my funds on it.

I reached to CS3 with the question of what went wrong and why I was told to proceed when I asked what I need to change. Quality wasn’t the issue from my point of view. CS3 said that CS couldn’t do anything anymore. ‘It was impossible.’

I reached them again and asked could CS check my submissions manually. From my point of view, at least three different people saw my documents and my photo. Why didn’t they confirm my identity manually?
It was past midnight. I was exhausted and drained and went to sleep.
In the morning, I saw a message that CS forwarded the ticket to another team for review.
I searched Fiverr forums for any information about similar issues I encountered. One thread mentioned problems with the verification of non-English documents. I have Ukrainian/English mixed documents that allow traveling abroad. I reached CS4 to clarify could this be the cause of failed verification. CS4 granted me another attempt to verify.
I took photos with the help of the same ‘need better quality’ mobile phone in foggy weather. It took 5 seconds to verify my ID. Everything was perfect.

At that point, I wasn’t happy or mad. I was very deeply disappointed. You can search this forum and find a lot of stories about banned people after a failed verification. These stories come from new sellers and old successful sellers alike. The Fiverr ecosystem doesn’t provide you with the answer to what went wrong. I’m convinced that CS doesn’t have access to the answer either.
Every user on Fiverr needs to play Russian roulette with uncontrollable AI algorithms without any clear guidelines or tips. Who designed this system? How did this implementation pass the testing stage? Do Fiverr have analytics on all disabled accounts? Why no one made the change to the process?
How can users trust the platform with practices like this?

P.S. I didn’t include screenshots of my talk with CS. I don’t know can I do it or not and to what extent.

• Like 15

I feel sorry for what you’ve gone through. But the mobile verification is the simplest and commonly used 2FA process. Everyone including Microsoft, Google, Facebook uses mobile verification system, so I don’t see anything wrong verifying with Mobile. The process went that bad because the mobile verification failed. And, you could just take photo inside your room, I’m assuming you are not a homeless, so fog isn’t an excuse sending bad photos to CS. I’m sorry if it sounded rude!
Anyway, thanks for sharing. Glad to hear that in the end you succeeded verifying your account.

• Like 6

Thanks for the post! Some of these tips were useful, but I did not find the option of uploading a clearer picture. It seemed like the quality of the pictures lessened when I uploaded them. I’ve now submitted everything to validate my ID which is now under review. Crossing my fingers! Also open to any tips!

• Like 28

hello my friend i am from Greece and i had many years working here but today i received the same message in notifications i took 3 times the verification process and failed

The Greek ID card has 2 sides.front side is the one I attached, but all details are on the backside. How can I send both sides?

Also i would like to ask if i take the foto with samsung s10 and just send it…it will be alright or i have to edit it in photoshop before sending it through the galery?

also in the foto you took your self…you edit that too? you took only head or shoulders too?

Thank you so much! And im so happy for you that you verified!!

• Like 27
  • Up 1

hello my friend i am from Greece and i had many years working here but today i received the same message in notifications i took 3 times the verification process and failed

The Greek ID card has 2 sides.front side is the one I attached, but all details are on the backside. How can I send both sides?

Also i would like to ask if i take the foto with samsung s10 and just send it…it will be alright or i have to edit it in photoshop before sending it through the galery?

also in the foto you took your self…you edit that too? you took only head or shoulders too?

Thank you so much! And im so happy for you that you verified!!

Hi @paokdz - sorry to hear about your challenges.

Feel free to check out the thread below, might be of help?

Hi! Unfortunately, I did not read many of these posts before attempting to validating my ID. I didn’t have to do it today but thought it would only take a second. Tried a few times, thinking I would get the hang of it, and now my account is disabled. I have many potential buyers I was in negotiations with and was setting up recurring sales with some. Now I cannot contact any of them, except those with whom I have an active offer. I’m afraid this will hurt the momentum I build as a new selle…
  • Like 28

Hi @paokdz - sorry to hear about your challenges.

Feel free to check out the thread below, might be of help?

Hi! Unfortunately, I did not read many of these posts before attempting to validating my ID. I didn’t have to do it today but thought it would only take a second. Tried a few times, thinking I would get the hang of it, and now my account is disabled. I have many potential buyers I was in negotiations with and was setting up recurring sales with some. Now I cannot contact any of them, except those with whom I have an active offer. I’m afraid this will hurt the momentum I build as a new selle…

Thank you so much! but the buttons work normally and im in the another shot too 😕

or i should do it no matter what?

i will try to take foto like the guide with a white paper behind and in the samsung galaxy s10 (you did it like that too?)

and like you said in the best day time with turned on the lights

did you try a premade foto or you took both id and yourself that moment?

So happy you succeeded!!

• Like 24
  • Up 1

Thank you so much! but the buttons work normally and im in the another shot too 😕

or i should do it no matter what?

i will try to take foto like the guide with a white paper behind and in the samsung galaxy s10 (you did it like that too?)

and like you said in the best day time with turned on the lights

did you try a premade foto or you took both id and yourself that moment?

So happy you succeeded!!

Hi! Apologies for the delay in my response.

I recommend rconnect with Customer Support for best advice on next steps. They were very helpful when I reached out.

I did not have the option in the app to upload a pre-existing photo (which makes sense, since Fiverr is attempting to validate is I’m a real person - they probably want a live photo?)

I hope you are able to resolve this!

• Like 24

My ID Verification is failed and now my account is restricted. What should I do?
I used Indonesian ID Card. My portrait in Indonesian ID Card looked terrible indeed because the quality of civil administration including the photo capture for my country’s ID Card is poor. I did upload my selfie. But after two attempts of verification, Fiverr still can’t verify me.
I felt disappointed that I can’t receive new orders now. Yet, the didn’t tell how could I get my account back.
Please help.

• Like 22
  • Up 1

On 11/2/2019 at 4:13 PM, hanshuber16 said:

@lanamahmoud89 I am sorry that it didn’t work out for you. Did you go through the entirety of the first post of this thread? I have given several suggestions on how to succeed in the verification process. Here are some excerpts from that post that might be of help to you:

If, despite trying the above-mentioned techniques, you’re unable to succeed, your only hope is to contact CS and get it sorted out with them.

There isn’t the ability to upload documents or anything from your camera roll. It all has to be live now. I know because i’ve done this about 7 times now and still no luck. Fiverr has terrible technology and they refuse to acknowledge it.

• Like 24
  • Up 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

(Put it at the beginning, I’m not a English native speaker hahahh:) )
Currently I received the verify ID request and I’m definitely afraid of my account being forbidden . I just came here for less than a month and haven’t withdraw my earning for one time!! Finally it’s successful and I’m really breath out so. I tried for two times. First time I signed in via Google account. I also found a bug there that I just can’t successfully sign in by inputting my definitely right User name/Email address and password, I even changed my password once time to prove that! Very annoying , but with luck, the Google account worked well. Then I can’t find any entry button to click to the photo roll and only can make a live photograph (I use iPhone se). I shot the scanning version of my Chinese id card and a studio-made formal profile picture on my iPad with the back camera(12 Mp). After submitting, no any response appear in my email box for nearly an hour, so I think my fist time was failed (not even a inform for the fail) and I decided to try one more time. I think maybe the AI verify technology would not accept the scanning version on my another device so this time I use the raw front camera for my selfie(very casual, didn’t redo much time, and the camera quality is 1.2 Mp ). Back camera for the real ID card, note that having completely no shadow on your avatar because maybe the comparison is mostly made between this photo and your selfie. Then submitted it , for waiting a few more seconds, I received the excited email informing that my verify information has been accepted!! That was really an exciting experience and thanks for the fiverr system to protect our community atmosphere.
Then I can continue my great Monday. 🙂
(Wuhan Fighting!(Against the corona virus!))

• Like 26

• 2 weeks later...

I just had to go through the process and it was super easy. Though I didn’t have any QR codes or anything like this.

First it took me to the page “what is fiverr I’d verification” and with button “next”

Second was window with “choose your country and type of id”

Third page with “take a photo of your ID” and camera button that opens your camera,

Forurth page “take a selfie/headshot “

And that’s it. It was immideately verified after that.

Al process took not more than 4 minutes

(I actually was doing it in a rush to still catch my bus)

I live in the India, and have submitted my driver’s license, which is a government issued photo ID and is allegedly accepted by the site, for verification. My ID Verification is failed My ID Verification is failed imagine my surprise when I received a notification saying “Your ID wasn’t verified, since it’s not a supported ID. Please try again.” type, since a driver’s license is the first supported ID type on the list, I did upload my selfie. But after two attempts of verification, Fiverr still can’t verify me.

I’m confused and don’t know what to do now.

• Like 27

I live in the India, and have submitted my driver’s license, which is a government issued photo ID and is allegedly accepted by the site, for verification. My ID Verification is failed My ID Verification is failed imagine my surprise when I received a notification saying “Your ID wasn’t verified, since it’s not a supported ID. Please try again.” type, since a driver’s license is the first supported ID type on the list, I did upload my selfie. But after two attempts of verification, Fiverr still can’t verify me.

I’m confused and don’t know what to do now.

submitted my driver’s license

Is it in English language or have English translation?

No one here will be able to help you, only support will.

• Like 27

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,
Please I am getting this error on my fiverr account:
Please take a moment to verify your ID within 9 days to continue offering and buying services on Fiverr

Even after going through the verification process. Who can help with this please?

• Like 21
  • Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

In order to successfully verify your ID, you need to upload two documents: 1. An ID that has your photo in it (the information/ID page of your passport, nationally issued ID/driver’s license), and 2. A photo of yourself.

If you do not do this, Fiverr will suspend your account, and you will have to then interact with them. Even if/when that happens, Fiverr will ask you to verify your ID. If you don’t do that, they could ban you from Fiverr until you’re able to prove your identity.

Maybe you can help me? I failed the ID verification once somehow and my account was restricted. CS helped me restart the process and now I submitted my ID again, and it has been several hours and I have gotten no result? Please see the attached .

fiverrdone.thumb.jpg.8fdf5577b3f021298c4e607a8d0332e2.jpg
fiverrdone1125×2436 104 KB
  • Like 24

Maybe you can help me? I failed the ID verification once somehow and my account was restricted. CS helped me restart the process and now I submitted my ID again, and it has been several hours and I have gotten no result? Please see the attached .

CS helped me restart the process and now I submitted my ID again, and it has been several hours and I have gotten no result?

Is your ticket still open? You can respond again and state that it still isn’t working.

• Like 21

• 1 month later...