SUCCESSFUL Fiverr ID Verification: Here's what you need to know

May I ask what kind of phone you have

iPhone 🙈

So, no need for a scanned copy of the ID?

No, I didn’t even have that option (probably because I used my phone to go through this process)

didn’t even have that option (probably because I used my phone to go through this process)

Yep, I think the option to access your phone’s Gallery during the verification process is only available in Android phones (which is what I used). 🙂

There’s another thread ⬇️

Hey, Thanks for replying to my comment! So the QR code when I scan with my iPhone will take me to the page to select ID type but I can’t actually select any of them. Same thing happens with the link you sent, it takes me to the page where you can select your ID but I can’t actually select any of them. This is progress from the email link that just takes me to the button that says ‘verify id’ but doesn’t do anything. It’s just like nothing is linked for me to click on. Maybe it’s the type of …
Ok cool, I’ll try that later and update on here if successful! Thanks for your help slight_smile Dani Update - I have now verified my ID - at last! I had to use my partner’s android phone and it all went through fine! So just seems to be a problem with iPhone, might not be all makes but it wouldn’t work on iPhone for me, so if you’re reading this and having the same problem that might be why.
  • Like 27
  • Up 2

no need for a scanned copy of the ID?

No, there’s no need for a scanned copy. However, since, during the verification process (in addition to the camera App to take a live photo), you also have the option to open the gallery App (which gives you access to the photos on your phone) and upload a premade photo, you could opt for that, too.

The only reason I suggested using a premade photo in my original post was because users have reported (on the forum) greater success using this option. Several users have reported issues with using the live photo option (as it can sometimes lead to a dark/blurry image).

However, it is entirely up to you to chose whichever option you think will work best for you 🙂

I would also suggest that you do not use scanned documents at all as they usually tend to be of lower quality (resolution) in comparison to a photo taken with a good DSLR camera or smartphone camera.

It’s 2019, there are people who still use iPhones?! 😜

I would also suggest that you do not use scanned documents

Thank you, will keep that in mind when it’s my turn to verify my ID. 🙂

• Like 28
  • Up 2

This is the link that the QR code, as well as the email, directs you to:

https://www.fiverr.com/id_verification/infoDon’t click on this link just for safety purpose.

@hanshuber16 You just gave me a heart attack.

When I clicked this link, I saw this info:

I never received any verification thing, so why did it showed me this.

I refreshed my profile, 3-4 times just to see that my profile is safe.

I opened the link but mine went straight to my fiverr page. It looks like i verified way before but kinda forgot it.

• Like 28
  • Up 1

Why not scanned documents if they are perfectly clear?

y not scanned documents if they are perfectly clear?

It’s very hard for conventional document scanners to match the resolution and sharpness that DSLR cameras/modern smartphone cameras achieve. Scanned documents are usually grainier than photos captured with a good DSLR/smartphone camera; the chances of rejection are, therefore, higher (during the ID verification process).

If, however, you think the scanned documents that you have are of good enough quality to pass the ID verification process, you can choose to use them. 🙂

• Like 27
  • Up 1

y not scanned documents if they are perfectly clear?

It’s very hard for conventional document scanners to match the resolution and sharpness that DSLR cameras/modern smartphone cameras achieve. Scanned documents are usually grainier than photos captured with a good DSLR/smartphone camera; the chances of rejection are, therefore, higher (during the ID verification process).

If, however, you think the scanned documents that you have are of good enough quality to pass the ID verification process, you can choose to use them. 🙂

I have a phone with 8 mp resolution so is that enough? It’s an fairly inexpensive Samsung.

• Like 26
  • Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

My account has been suspended for two days now due to an issue in the ID verification process. I tried approaching customer service and eveyrtime they’d ask me to take a new picture… I tried doing that in different areas with different light exposure, and though I’m using iPhone 6 for my photos, they’re still not getting through… I honestly don’t know what else to do at this stage. Please help? :S

• Like 26

After having had a very intense/busy last week, I expected today to be a lazy Sunday — one of seclusion and contemplation. But — oh, no! Life would be too easy (too boring even) if everything went your way, am I right? 😉

As soon as I wake up, I usually check my mobile phone for notifications (I have ALL Fiverr notifications enabled, btw). Sometimes, I also open the Fiverr App just in case there is a notification hiding inside the App (sometimes, push notifications can be unreliable 😉 ). But, today, I didn’t see anything in the App either.

After making myself some breakfast, I opened Fiverr on my PC. I noticed the characteristic magenta/pink dot by the “Messages.” There were still no notifications on the Fiverr App, though. This struck me as strange. Anyway, when I checked the Fiverr notification on my PC, it was the dreaded “Verify your ID to continue on Fiverr” message. 😰 Yep, it appeared as a notification. So, please pay attention to those magenta/pink dots and the message that’s shown! 😉

Since there are hardly any posts (from people who have succeeded in their verification process) detailing the entire verification process, I thought I’d give a very detailed description of my experience. 😃 Okay, moving on…

When you click on that notification, it takes you to a page where there is a QR code (which directs you to the ID verification link) as well as an option to get the ID verification link (that the QR code directs you to) sent via e-mail. To be honest, I was under the impression that each seller received a unique link which would only work for that seller. However, it was just a generic link which took you to Fiverr’s ID verification page. This is the link that the QR code, as well as the email, directs you to:

https:// www.fiverr. com/id_verification/info

[Note: Hyperlink has been removed. Please do not go to this web-address if you haven’t yet received a notification to verify your ID. I have only shared this info. so that you understand every step of the process.]

Once you go to that link on your smartphone, you will then be asked to enter your Fiverr login details. The verification process will start as soon as you are logged in.

You can access the above-mentioned link via your PC/tablet/laptop, too. However, I am not sure if accessing that link from such devices would ask you to switch to a smartphone to proceed with the verification process. Fiverr suggests you do the verification process on your smartphone, and that’s how I did mine.

The verification process consists of 2 stages:

1. Take a photo of your passport/driver’s license/ID.

2. Take a photo of yourself.

You have the option to either go to the camera App on your phone to take a current photo or to access your photos/files on your phone to upload a pre-existing file/photo from your phone. Before proceeding to the next step in the verification process, you can also retake the photos as many ever times as you want until you are satisfied with the quality of the photo.

Just like how someone had already mentioned in a previous thread, you can also upload a pre-existing/pre-scanned photo of your document by clicking on the icon that allows you to access the photos/files on your phone.

I believe the more clear, sharp, focused, and bright (without overexposure, of course) your photos are, the higher is your chance of success.

Therefore, I believe the easiest way to succeed in the verification process is by getting a professionally-made studio-quality photo of your ID and yourself and uploading it during your verification process (by clicking on the icon that allows you to access the photos/files on your phone).

You could also use a scanner to scan your documents, but I believe a professional-quality photo of your ID (taken in a bright environment with diffuse lighting) would have a much higher resolution/quality.

Here’s what I personally did:

1. Since I didn’t have a pre-scanned image of my ID that was of good enough quality, I decided to first take a photo of my ID before starting the verification process (I used a 16 Mp camera for this purpose). It is also possible to tab out of your browser to access the camera App on your phone even when you are already in the middle of the verification process on your mobile browser.

I stuck my ID onto the middle of a plain white paper (with double-sided tape). I then turned ALL the lights in my room on to ensure that the room was brightly lit and that the light was very diffuse. This was to ensure that there was no shadow projecting onto the ID while taking its photo. I rested the sheet of paper (with my ID) on a wall and then took a photo. Please make sure that the photo looks sharp and bright. I then uploaded the photo to my PC and edited it further for better brightness and image clarity. I then sent the edited image to my phone and started the verification process. In the first step, I clicked on the icon to access files on my phone and uploaded this edited image of my ID. Despite putting in all the effort to ensure that the edited photo was as bright as possible, the final uploaded image in step 1 looked dull/dark. But that didn’t seem to be an issue.

1. Since I already had a studio-quality photo of myself taken when I had applied for my passport, I just uploaded that photo in the second step.

This is the end of the verification process. You will then get a message saying that Fiverr has received your photos and that they will inform you of the result.

Hardly 5 seconds after that, I got an email saying that I’d successfully verified my ID.

I also got a notification on Fiverr.

I would also like to mention that the ID that I’d uploaded was not an entirely English document. It had German, English, and French. So, I think Fiverr accepts non-English documents, too. 🙂

I did not see any information pertaining to the number of attempts I had available and the deadline for successful verification of ID prior to account suspension. Some users have claimed that you only have 15 days to verify your ID and that you only have 3 attempts. I am not sure if Fiverr has changed this in any way. Or maybe you’re shown that info. only after you fail in verifying your ID? I don’t know. :man_shrugging:

Please let me know if you have any other questions regarding the ID verification process. I’d be glad to help y’all out. 😺

@lanamahmoud89 I am sorry that it didn’t work out for you. Did you go through the entirety of the first post of this thread? I have given several suggestions on how to succeed in the verification process. Here are some excerpts from that post that might be of help to you:

you can also upload a pre-existing/pre-scanned photo of your document by clicking on the icon that allows you to access the Photo Gallery on your phone.

Therefore, I believe the easiest way to succeed in the verification process is by getting a professionally-made studio-quality photo of your ID and yourself and uploading it during your verification process (by clicking on the icon that allows you to access the photos/files on your phone).

I stuck my ID onto the middle of a plain white paper (with double-sided tape). I then turned ALL the lights in my room on to ensure that the room was brightly lit and that the light was very diffuse. This was to ensure that there was no shadow projecting onto the ID while taking its photo. I rested the sheet of paper (with my ID) on a wall and then took a photo. Please make sure that the photo looks sharp and bright. I then uploaded the photo to my PC and edited it further for better brightness and image clarity. I then sent the edited image to my phone and started the verification process. In the first step, I clicked on the icon to access files on my phone and uploaded this edited image of my ID. Despite putting in all the effort to ensure that the edited photo was as bright as possible, the final uploaded image in step 1 looked dull/dark. But that didn’t seem to be an issue.

1. Since I already had a studio-quality photo of myself taken when I had applied for my passport, I just uploaded that photo in the second step.

If, despite trying the above-mentioned techniques, you’re unable to succeed, your only hope is to contact CS and get it sorted out with them.

• Like 27
  • Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

After having had a very intense/busy last week, I expected today to be a lazy Sunday — one of seclusion and contemplation. But — oh, no! Life would be too easy (too boring even) if everything went your way, am I right? 😉

As soon as I wake up, I usually check my mobile phone for notifications (I have ALL Fiverr notifications enabled, btw). Sometimes, I also open the Fiverr App just in case there is a notification hiding inside the App (sometimes, push notifications can be unreliable 😉 ). But, today, I didn’t see anything in the App either.

After making myself some breakfast, I opened Fiverr on my PC. I noticed the characteristic magenta/pink dot by the “Messages.” There were still no notifications on the Fiverr App, though. This struck me as strange. Anyway, when I checked the Fiverr notification on my PC, it was the dreaded “Verify your ID to continue on Fiverr” message. 😰 Yep, it appeared as a notification. So, please pay attention to those magenta/pink dots and the message that’s shown! 😉

Since there are hardly any posts (from people who have succeeded in their verification process) detailing the entire verification process, I thought I’d give a very detailed description of my experience. 😃 Okay, moving on…

When you click on that notification, it takes you to a page where there is a QR code (which directs you to the ID verification link) as well as an option to get the ID verification link (that the QR code directs you to) sent via e-mail. To be honest, I was under the impression that each seller received a unique link which would only work for that seller. However, it was just a generic link which took you to Fiverr’s ID verification page. This is the link that the QR code, as well as the email, directs you to:

[Note: Hyperlink has been removed. Please do not go to this web-address if you haven’t yet received a notification to verify your ID. I have only shared this info. so that you understand every step of the process.]

Once you go to that link on your smartphone, you will then be asked to enter your Fiverr login details. The verification process will start as soon as you are logged in.

You can access the above-mentioned link via your PC/tablet/laptop, too. However, I am not sure if accessing that link from such devices would ask you to switch to a smartphone to proceed with the verification process. Fiverr suggests you do the verification process on your smartphone, and that’s how I did mine.

You have the option to either go to the camera App on your phone to take a current photo or to access your photos/files on your phone to upload a pre-existing file/photo from your phone. Before proceeding to the next step in the verification process, you can also retake the photos as many ever times as you want until you are satisfied with the quality of the photo.

Just like how someone had already mentioned in a previous thread, you can also upload a pre-existing/pre-scanned photo of your document by clicking on the icon that allows you to access the photos/files on your phone.

I believe the more clear, sharp, focused, and bright (without overexposure, of course) your photos are, the higher is your chance of success.

You could also use a scanner to scan your documents, but I believe a professional-quality photo of your ID (taken in a bright environment with diffuse lighting) would have a much higher resolution/quality.

1. Since I didn’t have a pre-scanned image of my ID that was of good enough quality, I decided to first take a photo of my ID before starting the verification process (I used a 16 Mp camera for this purpose). It is also possible to tab out of your browser to access the camera App on your phone even when you are already in the middle of the verification process on your mobile browser.

This is the end of the verification process. You will then get a message saying that Fiverr has received your photos and that they will inform you of the result.

Hardly 5 seconds after that, I got an email saying that I’d successfully verified my ID.

I would also like to mention that the ID that I’d uploaded was not an entirely English document. It had German, English, and French. So, I think Fiverr accepts non-English documents, too. 🙂

I did not see any information pertaining to the number of attempts I had available and the deadline for successful verification of ID prior to account suspension. Some users have claimed that you only have 15 days to verify your ID and that you only have 3 attempts. I am not sure if Fiverr has changed this in any way. Or maybe you’re shown that info. only after you fail in verifying your ID? I don’t know. :man_shrugging:

Please let me know if you have any other questions regarding the ID verification process. I’d be glad to help y’all out. 😺

I expected today to be a lazy Sunday

I thought so too, now I have to verify. No, I am taking my Sunday off.

I have an inquiry,

1. Must the ID’s country of issue match the fiverr profile country? I travel quite a bit, and though I am back home, my profile country still shows a different country.
  2. From the time I got my IDs - PP, NI, DL - I have grown a beard - not very huge as I have been through Airports with no hiccups and have had several ID verifications that required taking a selfie and picture of my ID successfully.

I am just wondering, considering the horror stories around the platform.

Thank you.

• Like 26
  • Up 1

1. Should I enter to read the message from my phone’s browser and do all the steps from my phone?

2. When will I be asked to verify my identity?

Should I enter to read the message from my phone’s browser and do all the steps from my phone?

Verification is completed on a mobile device.

When will I be asked to verify my identity?

You can never know, you will one day see the notice when you login to your account.

• Like 24
  • Up 1

I expected today to be a lazy Sunday

I thought so too, now I have to verify. No, I am taking my Sunday off.

I have an inquiry,

1. Must the ID’s country of issue match the fiverr profile country? I travel quite a bit, and though I am back home, my profile country still shows a different country.
  2. From the time I got my IDs - PP, NI, DL - I have grown a beard - not very huge as I have been through Airports with no hiccups and have had several ID verifications that required taking a selfie and picture of my ID successfully.

I am just wondering, considering the horror stories around the platform.

Thank you.

Must the ID’s country of issue match the fiverr profile country?

I am not 100% sure about this, but it shouldn’t matter, imo. The ID verification is just a facial ID scan.

I have grown a beard

That shouldn’t matter at all (logically at least). Not unless you have undergone an extensive facial reconstruction surgery of some sort, too. I wouldn’t be surprised if it worked even then. 😉

• Like 25
  • Up 1

I am not 100% sure about this, but it shouldn’t matter, imo. The ID verification is just a facial ID scan.

I have grown a beard

That shouldn’t matter at all (logically at least). Not unless you have undergone an extensive facial reconstruction surgery of some sort, too. I wouldn’t be surprised if it worked even then. 😉

Thank you. I will give it a try. Am already getting hyped for life outside Fiverr, just incase…🙂

• Like 26
  • Up 1

I have grown a beard

I wouldn’t be surprised if it worked even then.

It worked. Got verified in less than 10 seconds.

They asked for my passport which is due for renewal in 2 months, it has a 10-year-old photo. I honestly felt my current look is different from that of my passport.

I think every Facial recognition algo should match a face with a photo stretching years.

For those yet to verify, use a phone with a high-quality camera. You need pixel perfect images. I used the back camera instead of the selfie camera - back cameras are better.

• Like 27
  • Up 1

I wouldn’t be surprised if it worked even then.

It worked. Got verified in less than 10 seconds.

They asked for my passport which is due for renewal in 2 months, it has a 10-year-old photo. I honestly felt my current look is different from that of my passport.

I think every Facial recognition algo should match a face with a photo stretching years.

For those yet to verify, use a phone with a high-quality camera. You need pixel perfect images. I used the back camera instead of the selfie camera - back cameras are better.

I used the back camera instead of the selfie camera - back cameras are better.

Or you have a phone which has a bad quality front camera and a good rear camera. 😉

• Like 25
  • Haha 1

I used the back camera instead of the selfie camera - back cameras are better.

Or you have a phone which has a bad quality front camera and a good rear camera. 😉

I think a Samsung S9+ has a great front camera.

But, I just did not want to take the chance. I got someone to take the picture instead of a selfie.

• Like 24
  • Confused 1

I think a Samsung S9+ has a great front camera.

But, I just did not want to take the chance. I got someone to take the picture instead of a selfie.

It does indeed. But I don’t think they would reject the photo even it was taken from the front camera. I wonder why some peoples does get some issues and other just gets verified in minutes. And on the other hand side, I never received this verification thing or somehow I am already verified. 😎

• Like 26
  • Confused 1

It does indeed. But I don’t think they would reject the photo even it was taken from the front camera. I wonder why some peoples does get some issues and other just gets verified in minutes. And on the other hand side, I never received this verification thing or somehow I am already verified. 😎

I never received this verification thing or somehow I am already verified.

No, you are not verified. Don’t worry when your time comes, you will see the dark notice on your account.

peoples does get some issues

I think it is the quality of the images they take. It is not a manual verification where someone has to compare the two photos.

• Like 26
  • Up 1

I never received this verification thing or somehow I am already verified.

No, you are not verified. Don’t worry when your time comes, you will see the dark notice on your account.

peoples does get some issues

I think it is the quality of the images they take. It is not a manual verification where someone has to compare the two photos.

Oh. Great thing to know. Thanks for the information. :hugs:

• Like 23
  • Up 1

• 1 month later...

hello sir have no smart phone . already 3 day let . today i buy new phone. and your info… very detailed i don’t understand properly . you tell me sortly what i do . first step and 2nd step . f1ts step what i do and 2nd stp what i do thank you

• Like 22

hello sir have no smart phone . already 3 day let . today i buy new phone. and your info… very detailed i don’t understand properly . you tell me sortly what i do . first step and 2nd step . f1ts step what i do and 2nd stp what i do thank you

Hi,

Did you get a notification from Fiverr asking you to verify your ID? If not, you don’t have to do it right now. You are supposed to verify your ID only after you receive a notification.

In case you’ve received a notification from Fiverr to verify your ID, here are the three steps:

1. Click the Fiverr ID notification that you received. It will take you to a website where you have the option to either scan a QR code (to get redirected to the ID verification link) or send yourself an email containing the ID verification link. Go to the ID verification link. At this stage, it might ask you to log onto Fiverr.

2. Click the upload button (depicted by a tiny icon) and take a photo of your passport/driver’s license/ID.

3. Then, click the upload button again and take a photo of yourself.

Make sure that the photos are taken in a bright environment, preferably a brightly lit room or outdoors, provided it’s bright and sunny. Also, make sure that the photos taken are very sharp and clear.

Good luck! ☀️

• Like 27
  • Up 1