SUCCESSFUL Fiverr ID Verification: Here's what you need to know

Yeah… my account is fine and safe.

I’m glad to hear that.

After you scan the QR code, it does redirect to a unique page. Maybe not! :roll_eyes:

Like I mentioned in the original post, all sellers, upon receiving the notification to verify their ID, are directed to the same link. It is only after you login with your Fiverr ID/pw that it takes you to a unique, secure page to upload your documents.

upon receiving the notification to verify their ID

what if I’m using my google acc or facebook to access fiverr ?

• Like 29

upon receiving the notification to verify their ID

what if I’m using my google acc or facebook to access fiverr ?

The process is still the same (irrespective of how you log on to Fiverr). Once you get the notification to verify your ID, you will be directed to the link mentioned in the original post, and you will have to enter your Fiverr login details (or, in your case, via the Facebook or google login) and then the verification process starts. The process is the exact same.

Edit (added): I know this for a fact because I used google/Fb login to initiate my Fiverr ID verification process.

• Like 33

The process is still the same (irrespective of how you log on to Fiverr). Once you get the notification to verify your ID, you will be directed to the link mentioned in the original post, and you will have to enter your Fiverr login details (or, in your case, via the Facebook or google login) and then the verification process starts. The process is the exact same.

Edit (added): I know this for a fact because I used google/Fb login to initiate my Fiverr ID verification process.

So this process to verify the ID is for everyone using the platform and it doesn’t mean that you did something wrong at any point right ? I suppose everyone will go through it now or later ? cause I’ve performing on the platform for a year and ever encountred such things, correct me if I’m wrong!

• Like 31

So this process to verify the ID is for everyone using the platform and it doesn’t mean that you did something wrong at any point right ? I suppose everyone will go through it now or later ? cause I’ve performing on the platform for a year and ever encountred such things, correct me if I’m wrong!

So this process to verify the ID is for everyone using the platform and it doesn’t mean that you did something wrong at any point right ? I suppose everyone will go through it now or later ?

That’s right. 🙂 Apparently, Fiverr has been experimenting with this ID verification thing since early 2018 (as far as I know). They even did a beta test of the ID verification process in 2018… I think in May 2018? So, yeah, I think they’re slowly rolling it out to everyone.

Taken from Fiverr’s seller help center:

At Fiverr, we’re always doing our best to keep our community safe for everyone, which is why we routinely ask that sellers verify their identity with an official government ID. We’ll only ask you to do this once.

“Routinely ask that sellers verify their identity” makes me think they are planning on doing it in small batches at a time instead of asking everyone to do it all at once.

Here’s an email from a Fiverr CS rep. from May 2018 (during the beta-testing of the Fiverr ID verification):

Screenshot_307.png.c7935b811f636a81ab650cbb6332d51d.png

This may or may not still hold true in 2019. IDK :man_shrugging:

• Like 31
  • Up 1

So this process to verify the ID is for everyone using the platform and it doesn’t mean that you did something wrong at any point right ? I suppose everyone will go through it now or later ?

That’s right. 🙂 Apparently, Fiverr has been experimenting with this ID verification thing since early 2018 (as far as I know). They even did a beta test of the ID verification process in 2018… I think in May 2018? So, yeah, I think they’re slowly rolling it out to everyone.

Taken from Fiverr’s seller help center:

At Fiverr, we’re always doing our best to keep our community safe for everyone, which is why we routinely ask that sellers verify their identity with an official government ID. We’ll only ask you to do this once.

“Routinely ask that sellers verify their identity” makes me think they are planning on doing it in small batches at a time instead of asking everyone to do it all at once.

Here’s an email from a Fiverr CS rep. from May 2018 (during the beta-testing of the Fiverr ID verification):

Screenshot_307

This may or may not still hold true in 2019. IDK :man_shrugging:

It would a lot easier for them to review the documents if they’re doing it manually, so as to avoid lots of accounts being suspended, I have received an email back in october on my phone saying “activate account” can I inbox you so I can send you the screenshot and get further informations if you have any Idea what’s that ?!

• Like 28

It would a lot easier for them to review the documents if they’re doing it manually, so as to avoid lots of accounts being suspended, I have received an email back in october on my phone saying “activate account” can I inbox you so I can send you the screenshot and get further informations if you have any Idea what’s that ?!

There are literally MILLIONS of Fiverr accounts. It will take them several YEARS if they were to do it manually. I don’t think that’s a legit option, imo.

“activate account”

I don’t think that has anything to do with the Fiverr ID verification. I think “activate account” might have something to do with setting your Fiverr account/profile up.

I can send you the screenshot and get further informations if you have any Idea what’s that ?!

Feel free to attach it here on the forum. That way, even if I don’t know what that is, others who know about it will be able to help you out. It will also be informative for the other forum users if you share it here. 🙂

• Like 29

Once you get the notification to verify your ID, you will be directed to the link mentioned in the original post, and you will have to enter your Fiverr login details (in your case Facebook or google login)

I’m sorry, but this simply can’t be correct. If you use FB or Google to login to Fiverr, you login via a security token. Your Google or FB username or password is not the same as your Fiverr password and should not be treated as such.

If when Fiverr directs users to a login area, there is no button to click to login via FB or Google, users will not be able to enter their FB or Google details manually. In this case, can you confirm whether such buttons are present?

If not, FB & Google users may be exempt from ID checks (at least for the time being). Alternatively, it could be that someone has overlooked the need to add FB & Google support, in which case this should be reported to Fiverr asap.

• Like 28
  • Up 1

Once you get the notification to verify your ID, you will be directed to the link mentioned in the original post, and you will have to enter your Fiverr login details (in your case Facebook or google login)

I’m sorry, but this simply can’t be correct. If you use FB or Google to login to Fiverr, you login via a security token. Your Google or FB username or password is not the same as your Fiverr password and should not be treated as such.

If when Fiverr directs users to a login area, there is no button to click to login via FB or Google, users will not be able to enter their FB or Google details manually. In this case, can you confirm whether such buttons are present?

If not, FB & Google users may be exempt from ID checks (at least for the time being). Alternatively, it could be that someone has overlooked the need to add FB & Google support, in which case this should be reported to Fiverr asap.

I am sorry if it doesn’t align with your logic/reasoning, but this is what I experienced firsthand. I use a FB/google login to access Fiverr and this is what I logged in with even when I did my Fiverr ID verification.

Once I clicked on the link (mentioned in the original post), it took me to a login page which almost looked like Fiverr’s main login page:

image.thumb.jpg.1b1c7d55c1a87edb17f3798d130e0600.jpg

If you notice, in addition to the regular username/pw option, there is an option to login via google/Facebook too. Once I selected the appropriate platform, I was directed to step 1 of the Fiverr ID verification process upon successful authentication of my login details.

• Like 27

After like 10 minutes it returned to normal, I think there were a glitch somewhere cause neither the app or the site were working!! and when I check my email there is nothing in it…

After like 10 minutes it returned to normal,

That’s good.

I think there were a glitch somewhere cause neither the app or the site were working!!

Probable.

• Like 25

Just by curiosity, did you have any previous accounts before the current one ?!

did you have any previous accounts before the current one ?!

Who? Me? Never. 🙂

Do you still think Fiverr only asks people to verify their ID if they suspect a ToS violation? :rofl:

• Like 26

did you have any previous accounts before the current one ?!

Who? Me? Never. 🙂

Do you still think Fiverr only asks people to verify their ID if they suspect a ToS violation? :rofl:

No not really, it’s just because I saw in another thread “13 hours ago” that the user’s account was restricted due to failure to verify and it turned to be that, that user has another account that was banned months ago.

• Like 27

Guest smiler3d

No not really, it’s just because I saw in another thread “13 hours ago” that the user’s account was restricted due to failure to verify and it turned to be that, that user has another account that was banned months ago.

Different case - that user wasn’t asked to verify their ID - they offered to do so after they’d had their account restricted.

hello, Hope you guys are having a great day! My account was disabled few mins ago for false identity, and it’s really funny to me because I’m not using anyone’s identity other than my own, I contacted the customer support immediately to resolve the issue for me also provide my ID cards as well as a prove Did someone report me or what? I don’t understand why my account will be disabled for false identity when I’m the real owner… Has anyone experienced this and how are you able to resolve this …

that the user’s account was restricted due to failure to verify and it turned to be that, that user has another account that was banned months ago.

Okay. But, I don’t see how that would relate to my particular case as I’ve successfully completed the Fiverr ID verification. 🙂

• Like 28

In order to successfully verify your ID, you need to upload two documents: 1. An ID that has your photo in it (the information/ID page of your passport, nationally issued ID/driver’s license), and 2. A photo of yourself.

If you do not do this, Fiverr will suspend your account, and you will have to then interact with them. Even if/when that happens, Fiverr will ask you to verify your ID. If you don’t do that, they could ban you from Fiverr until you’re able to prove your identity.

Hey, hanshuber16!

I have a question to you, please help me to provide your valuable opinion 🙏

I have set a Payoneer account in my Fiverr profile to withdraw and payment purpose that is some else (my relative). So should i use to verify my Fiverr account that person NID and picture? Or should I use my own NID and picture?

Note: I don’t have NID that time to open a Payoneer account.

So what should I do now? Please please let me know.

• Like 30

Hey, hanshuber16!

I have set a Payoneer account in my Fiverr profile to withdraw and payment purpose that is some else (my relative). So should i use to verify my Fiverr account that person NID and picture? Or should I use my own NID and picture?

Hi,

I am sorry, but I don’t use Payoneer. So, I have no idea how that works. You’re better off contacting Payoneer about that (imo).

Good luck!

Edit: Sorry, I misunderstood your question when I wrote my initial ⤴️ reply.

I agree with @misscrystal. You are supposed to use your own info. for Fiverr ID verification. It is a violation of Fiverr’s ToS to misrepresent your identity.

Take from the ToS:

Authentic Fiverr Profile - You may not create a false identity on Fiverr, misrepresent your identity, create a Fiverr profile for anyone other than yourself (a real person), or use or attempt to use another user’s account or information; Your profile information, including your description, skills, location, etc., while may be kept anonymous, must be accurate and complete and may not be misleading, illegal, offensive or otherwise harmful. Fiverr reserves the right to require users to go through a verification process in order to use the Site (whether by using ID, phone, camera, etc.).

• Like 26

Hey, hanshuber16!

You need to use your own information to verify your fiverr account. You cannot pretend to be someone else to verify your account. It’s not up to Payoneer to tell fiverr if it’s really you.

I don’t know how Payoneer will handle it however.

• Like 30

There are people that work in teams though , for instance we are 3. I am the owner but we withdraw money on one of our members paypal account,Fiverr asks for one ID not all of them in this case I assume we can give any id .

• Like 31

I just had to go through the process and it was super easy. Though I didn’t have any QR codes or anything like this.

First it took me to the page “what is fiverr I’d verification” and with button “next”
Second was window with “choose your country and type of id”
Third page with “take a photo of your ID” and camera button that opens your camera,
Forurth page “take a selfie/headshot “
And that’s it. It was immideately verified after that.

Al process took not more than 4 minutes
(I actually was doing it in a rush to still catch my bus)

• Like 33

I just had to go through the process and it was super easy. Though I didn’t have any QR codes or anything like this.

First it took me to the page “what is fiverr I’d verification” and with button “next”

Third page with “take a photo of your ID” and camera button that opens your camera,

May I ask what kind of phone you have?

• Like 28

So, no need for a scanned copy of the ID? Simply capture a photo of it using phone’s camera?

• Like 27

So, no need for a scanned copy of the ID? Simply capture a photo of it using phone’s camera?

no need for a scanned copy of the ID?

No, there’s no need for a scanned copy. However, since, during the verification process (in addition to the camera App to take a live photo), you also have the option to open the gallery App (which gives you access to the photos on your phone) and upload a premade photo, you could opt for that, too.

The only reason I suggested using a premade photo in my original post was because users have reported (on the forum) greater success using this option. Several users have reported issues with using the live photo option (as it can sometimes lead to a dark/blurry image).

However, it is entirely up to you to chose whichever option you think will work best for you 🙂

I would also suggest that you do not use scanned documents at all as they usually tend to be of lower quality (resolution) in comparison to a photo taken with a good DSLR camera or smartphone camera.

• Like 33